PDA

View Full Version : With Everett we have new lineup flexibility

joeynach
07-19-2004, 11:21 AM
If we look at what Everett brings to the table its basically some bigger and better flexibilty in our lineup. Granted his bat can be pretty powerful, but what i like is now what Oz can do with our lineup. We can see Lee now hit in the #2 spot, with speed, power, and good contact hitting i think we would be great there. I think a great spark in our offesne would be speed, contact, and guys that are hitting for average at the top, which is why rowand and lee looks pretty sweet right now.

CF. Rowand
LF. Lee
RF. Maggs
1B. Paulie
DH. Everett
SS. Jose
3B. Crede
2B. Uribe
C. Alomar/Burke/Davis

If Oz wants to back with uribe or willie leading off at some point we have...

2B. Harris/Uribe
CF. Rowand
RF. Maggs
LF. Lee
1B. Paulie
DH. Everett
SS. Jose
3B. Crede
C. Alomar/Burke/Davis

eurotrash35
07-19-2004, 11:25 AM
We wouldn't want Everett and Valentin batting right after one another.

OG4LIFE
07-19-2004, 11:27 AM
yes, everett definitely makes your lineups a lot nicer, assuming:

crash keeps producing
everett gets over his injuries and produces like he did last year

this is good, but im still a little iffy on our offense, i still think we have some question marks out there, at least until big frank gets back

OEO Magglio
07-19-2004, 11:29 AM
We wouldn't want Everett and Valentin batting right after one another.You can split the righties up in the middle of the order very nicely now, this would be my lineup:

rowand cf
lee lf
maggs rf
everett dh
paulie 1b
jose ss
crede 3b
uribe 2b
sandy/burke/davis

joeynach
07-19-2004, 11:46 AM
We wouldn't want Everett and Valentin batting right after one another.
Well if there is a righty pitching yeah cuz then everett will bat lefty. When there if a lefty pitching Carl will bat righty so its not back to back lefties.

LASOXFAN
07-19-2004, 12:01 PM
Depending on where he finds himself in the lineup, Carl is going to see better pitches than he saw in Montreal. I think that's why his batting average jumped up last year when he came over from Texas.

Even though I'm looking forward to watching him play this evening I'm still having difficulty digesting the fact that the Twins lost 3 of 4 to the Royals and the Sox gained no ground.

ndgt10
07-19-2004, 12:20 PM
I'm so sick and tired of hearing people say that the Twins lost 3 of 4 in KC and we didn't gain any ground playing Oakland.

I think that we should look at it as we lost 3 of 4 in Oakland while the twins had a 4 game set with the Royals, and we still didn't lose any ground.

Granted, it would have been great to sweep the A's and gain 3 games on the Twins, but being a Whitesox fan, you really can't expect something THAT good.

OEO Magglio
07-19-2004, 12:27 PM
I'm so sick and tired of hearing people say that the Twins (http://www.adsrve.com/linkredirect.php?h=73,28012355,whitesoxinteractive .com,0) lost 3 of 4 in KC and we didn't gain any ground playing Oakland.

I think that we should look at it as we lost 3 of 4 in Oakland while the twins (http://www.adsrve.com/linkredirect.php?h=73,28012355,whitesoxinteractive .com,0) had a 4 game set with the Royals, and we still didn't lose any ground.

Granted, it would have been great to sweep the A's and gain 3 games (http://www.adsrve.com/linkredirect.php?h=161,28012355,whitesoxinteractiv e.com,0) on the Twins, but being a Whitesox fan, you really can't expect something THAT good.I was thinking the same exact thing. The twins should be kicking themselves because they didn't gain any ground while they played the worst team in the al while the white sox played in a place where they just can't win.

JRIG
07-19-2004, 12:29 PM
I know I'll get killed for saying this, and I haven't seen Everett play this year, but...

I still think you can get away with Everett defensively in CF. If/when Frank gets back, a Rowand/Everett platoon in center would suit me just fine.

I'll add that it's certainly possible he's worse defensively than he was last year and there's not much room for error when you're below average like he is. But it's not like Comiskey is some vast expanse of green pastures in center -- it's a fairly small park.