PDA

View Full Version : Better to lucky than good?

E Coast Sox Fan
07-19-2004, 09:43 AM
In a million years, I wouldn't have guessed that after beginning the 2nd half of the season 1-3, we'd still be in first place.

I hope that with the addition of Carl Everett, we're ready to play. We've gotten lucky, now it's time to get hot and put some distance between us and the rest of the field. Time to get our confidence, excitement and enthusiasm back and prove that we know how to front run this dash to the play-offs.

pudge
07-19-2004, 11:51 AM
The way this lineup goes up and down, I'm losing all faith that we'll ever put any distance between us and the Twins, but I'm dying to be proven wrong! :gulp:

SOXSINCE'70
07-19-2004, 12:10 PM
To paraphrase media boar Mike Ditka,"Wake up gang!!Ya gotta believe!!"

What "ya gotta believe" is the Sox,Twins,Tigers and Tribe are all in this for the long haul.The A.L. (Comedy) Central may not be decided until the last week of September.If (and I mean if) the Sox take care of beating teams in their own division,they'll be OK.Nooone is walking away with the A.L. (Comedy) Central.:?:

joeynach
07-19-2004, 12:11 PM
In a million years, I wouldn't have guessed that after beginning the 2nd half of the season 1-3, we'd still be in first place.

I hope that with the addition of Carl Everett, we're ready to play. We've gotten lucky, now it's time to get hot and put some distance between us and the rest of the field. Time to get our confidence, excitement and enthusiasm back and prove that we know how to front run this dash to the play-offs.
We have all been thinking it, you just have been the only one to say it. Lets stop getting lucky cuz that doesn't work, IE cubs in 03, and lets get hot and earn something here.

Lip Man 1
07-19-2004, 12:19 PM
Personally... I'd rather be both.

Lip

joeynach
07-19-2004, 02:06 PM
Personally... I'd rather be both.

Lip
Well actually i would rather be good (skillful) and get lucky....if ya know what i mean! :cool:

StepsInSC
07-19-2004, 02:15 PM
I don't think we've been either so far. When I think of luck, I don't think of losing games but still being in first place, I think of playing poorly but still winning (I.E. THE TWINS since 2001).

FightingBillini
07-20-2004, 12:07 AM
Luck?

I think of the Twins' runner being out at home by a mile at home, and scoring becuase the collision caused Benji Molina to break his hand and drop the ball.

Lip Man 1
07-20-2004, 12:10 PM
THEN the ball rolled up the line towards first base allowing Shannon Stewart to score the winning run.....

and don't forget the dropped 3rd strike for the final out by the O's Brook Fordyce. A few minutes later the Twins came back to win...

Lip