PDA

View Full Version : Brooks Boyer's Response regarding Fan Deck

SaltyPretzel
07-19-2004, 09:14 AM
It was cool that he wrote back. He cleared up a few things:

Kurt,
Sorry it has taken me so long to respond and thanks for your note to Fan Feedback about the Fan Deck.

I understand where you are coming from so I hope that my answer, even through it is not exactly what you want to hear, makes sense. Yes, we will begin renting out the fan deck for private parties. It will not be rented for every game. Fans will still be able to enjoy the fan deck when it is available. I do not foresee us renting the fan deck for every game.

I know sitting on the fan deck is a unique experience and it is one I would like our fans to have the opportunity to enjoy. Moving forward, it will be on a little more limited basis. I hope you do not mind me being straight forward with you on my response. I am not attempting to be insensitive but I have found with Sox fans, a little different than Bulls fans, they appreciate the straight forward approach.

Thanks for your support of the White Sox and tell everyone on WSI to keep the faith. Should be a fun second half now that we are out of Oakland. I hate that place.

All the best,

Brooks

SSN721
07-19-2004, 09:28 AM
This was a pretty good response. And it seemed that his last couple comments really tapped into a way a lot of us feel around here. I am glad that it seems he can be honest when responding to questions and email. He just seesm to understand the way that we feel. I like to see that. Not as happy about the fact that the fan deck might not be available all the time, but it seemed to good to be tru while we had it, especially with the renovations they made up there for this year. It was nice while it lasted and hopefully it isnt rented out at every game I go to so I can still get the opportunity to sit up there. :smile:

hawkjt
07-19-2004, 09:33 AM
He also sent me a response today to a similar question about the fan deck and on upper deck fans non-ability to go to the lower areas. He indicated it will not change as they are concerned with concourses becoming overcrowded and a hazard in emergency situations. I guess I can see that with the bigger crowds lately. He is extremely responsive as he immediately got back to me on a question about availabiltiy of Pepsi nite tickets at the park before game day. Only on line pepsi nite tickets til day of game.

Hangar18
07-19-2004, 09:44 AM
I like this guy more and more. Hes really making the effort to UNDERSTAND
who the customer base is. Those commercials really made me like this guy,
because for maybe ONCE in my Fan LifeTime, this Organization made me feel
like I WAS PART OF THEM, they know how I feel.

The Critic
07-19-2004, 10:20 AM
Can you please post Brooks' email address?
I'd like to send him an email with an idea or two, and also to thank him for what he's done so far.
The responsiveness and honesty is a breath of fresh air.

SaltyPretzel
07-19-2004, 11:07 AM
Can you please post Brooks' email address?
I'd like to send him an email with an idea or two, and also to thank him for what he's done so far.
The responsiveness and honesty is a breath of fresh air.
bboyer@chisox.com

ewokpelts
07-19-2004, 11:46 AM
bboyer@chisox.com

I'm just gunna go out ona limb and say that if you're going to email him, do realize that he's got a ton of emails and letters/faxes already, and that when i spoke to him, baseball operations questions are not his dept(and i have a suspicion that he wont forward them to kenny either). That said, I think we're going to see a lot of differnt stuff come this january in regards to promotions and marketing. I dont think tix willever go down in price again, but i think ther will be mor eopprotunities for families and budget concious fans to enjoy the park more .
Gene

hawkjt
07-19-2004, 12:12 PM
E-mail for Boyer: bboyer@chisox.com

Realist
07-19-2004, 12:28 PM
I actually kinda like the idea of being able to rent out the fan Deck. (WSI party, anyone? :wink:) I also like the idea that when its not rented out, it'll be open to anybody.

If they reversed the process and started out just allowing access to the Fan Deck as if it were a Diamond Suite, and then they decided to open it to anybody on days it wasn't rented, we'd be doing back flips of joy.

Go Brooks Go!!:drunken:

Brian26
07-19-2004, 01:01 PM
The guy is honest, and you have to respect that.

nasox
07-19-2004, 01:36 PM
anything is better than Gallas

StillMissOzzie
07-19-2004, 02:07 PM
anything is better than Gallas
OT, but is that a lemon peel on the cat's head? Making him/her a sour puss?

SMO
:rolleyes:

joeynach
07-19-2004, 03:09 PM
He also sent me a response today to a similar question about the fan deck and on upper deck fans non-ability to go to the lower areas. He indicated it will not change as they are concerned with concourses becoming overcrowded and a hazard in emergency situations. I guess I can see that with the bigger crowds lately. He is extremely responsive as he immediately got back to me on a question about availabiltiy of Pepsi nite tickets at the park before game day. Only on line pepsi nite tickets til day of game.
I dont get it. He never responds to anything i ever write to him I have sent in numerous ideas especially one about using hawkisms as an advertising agent, after i created that popular post about hawkisms getting popular all over. Numerous ideas, not one response from him, he must like you guys better.

BainesHOF
07-19-2004, 03:51 PM
There isn't enough time in the day to answer each e-mail. Be happy that he appears to be reading them all and responding to some.

nasox
07-20-2004, 12:11 AM
OT, but is that a lemon peel on the cat's head? Making him/her a sour puss?

SMO
:rolleyes:

NOOOOO, for the last time, it is a mini cat motorcycle helmet. Geeze, isn't it so obvious?:tongue: :wink:

FightingBillini
07-20-2004, 01:33 AM
I got the same exact email reply from Boyer. At least they are listening. Brooks is pumping some much needed life into this franchise.