PDA

View Full Version : Expos manager speaks on Everett...

Aidan
07-19-2004, 04:06 AM
Expos | Robinson Speaks On Everett - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 00:30:29 -0700

The Canadian Press reports Montreal Expos manager Frank Robinson lamented seeing former OF Carl Everett get dealt back to the Chicago White Sox. "We didn't get a chance to see Carl Everett at the top of his game," Robinson said. "When he left spring training, he was in A-1 shape. Then he got hurt, and I don't think he ever recovered."Hopefully, Carl is back in his A-1 shape for us.

Chrisaway
07-19-2004, 04:52 AM
Hopefully, Carl is back in his A-1 shape for us.
Well he is in the middle of a pennant race now:smile: !!!

joeynach
07-19-2004, 10:42 AM
Hopefully, Carl is back in his A-1 shape for us.
Haven't you ever heard of Montreal disease. I think Carl and a bunch of other players up there get it. He should be much better back in the AL where he knows the pitchers. I dont think anyone in Montreal can ever be on the top of there game!!!

zach23
07-19-2004, 11:24 AM
Haven't you ever heard of Montreal disease.

SARS?

Randar68
07-19-2004, 12:10 PM
Hopefully, Carl is back in his A-1 shape for us.OK, Carl has been injured, but does anyone have a definitive list of his various maladies this season?

NonetheLoaiza
07-19-2004, 12:39 PM
from espn: But Everett has yet to play center in 2004 and was limited to just 39 games in Montreal by a right shoulder contusion and a sprained left ankle.

When he was sent on a rehab stint for the shoulder, he injured his ankle and then reaggravated it playing in montreal.

Foulke You
07-19-2004, 12:52 PM
I think being primarily a DH for the Sox and playing on real grass instead of turf will do wonders for Everett. I think he'll be fine and I don't believe KW would have gotten him if he was still hurt.

maurice
07-19-2004, 02:40 PM
OK, Carl has been injured, but does anyone have a definitive list of his various maladies this season?Per today's Southtown (http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/191sd2.htm):

He had missed 44 games because of two stints on the disabled list (right shoulder contusion and sprained left ankle), but Sox personnel — including Williams — scouted him heavily over the last week to make sure he was healthy.

"He's running well, throwing well, starting to swing the bat," Williams said. "There are no residual effects from the shoulder injury he had earlier this year."

Everett said he can contribute to the Sox's playoff push. "I'm actually getting healthier, so that's the whole key," he said before he left Turner Field, where the Expos were playing the Atlanta Braves on Sunday.
It sounds like he should be fine.