PDA

View Full Version : Does Kenny Williams read these forums?

Aidan
07-18-2004, 11:59 PM
I posted this thread on July 8th, ten days ago...

"If Frank Thomas needs surgery..."
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=36658

...and now we have Crazy Carl again. Anyone think Kenny visits these forums?

pudge
07-19-2004, 12:00 AM

...and now we have Crazy Carl again. Anyone think Kenny visits these forums?There's a slight chance someone in his office might keep tabs, and there is zero chance that anything said in here has ever affected any move Williams has ever made.

WSox8404
07-19-2004, 12:02 AM
He may. But whether or not it makes him go one way or the other, who knows?

South Side
07-19-2004, 12:05 AM
Kenny, make your presence known. :lurkers

Deadguy
07-19-2004, 12:09 AM
I doubt Kenny reads these boards, and even if he did, he is so egocentric, he'd pay little attention to trade suggestions from fans.

manuelsucks
07-19-2004, 12:30 AM
I doubt Kenny reads these boards, and even if he did, he is so egocentric, he'd pay little attention to trade suggestions from fans.
Haha I doubt that he is ever around here especially after reading that :D:

Harris=God
07-19-2004, 12:31 AM
If he read these or if these forums had any impct on his decisions then maggs would be resigned, olivo wouldnt have been traded, koch would never haved pitched after last year, and he would have offered numerous pipedream trades to teams that we think make sense.

lowesox
07-19-2004, 12:48 AM
Of course he reads these threads. (In fact, I've questioned in the past whether or not KW = Radar68.) If nothing else, it would be an idiotic marketing move not to read what we have to say. We're the diehards. The ones who keep renewing season tickets.

As the GM, how many fans attend affects how much money he can spend, which affects which players he can get, which affects how well his team performs. It's his job to keep us happy.

Yes, he's got a giant ego, but let's face it, occasionally the truly diehard, intelligent fans will have good ideas. He'd be crazy not to at least read them and consider them.

And the final reason why I'm fairly positive Kenny reads this, is because he has a gigantic ego. People who are incredibly arrogant can't not read what other people think of them.

Now that I've said that, I'd like to say: Hi Kenny. Are you about ready for an early retirement?

Deadguy
07-19-2004, 01:15 AM
And the final reason why I'm fairly positive Kenny reads this, is because he has a gigantic ego. People who are incredibly arrogant can't not read what other people think of them.

Perhaps, but he may not even know a forum like this exists. With as many people who slam KW on this board, there's no way he could just sit there, and take it.

At SoxFest, when fans like Steff called him out for publicly questioning Thomas' unwillingness to answer the phone (over an controversy that once ST started, we all knew was a non issue), he got very defensive and emotional.

Unless there is a poster who is an obvious KW ass kisser here, or who shoots down any of KW's move, I find it hard to believe that KW visits these boards and just lurks.

OurBitchinMinny
07-19-2004, 01:35 AM
I dont know why so many people rip on kenny. Yeah hes made some bad trades, but hes made some good ones too. The thing about KW is that he wants to win. He is doing anything in his power to win NOW. His hands are tied by a budget that is small for what size market they play in. So many GMS sit on their hands and do nothing. At least KW goes out and tries to make the team better. I do not mind him as GM at all.

Aidan
07-19-2004, 01:39 AM
I dont know why so many people rip on kenny. Yeah hes made some bad trades, but hes made some good ones too. The thing about KW is that he wants to win. He is doing anything in his power to win NOW. His hands are tied by a budget that is small for what size market they play in. So many GMS sit on their hands and do nothing. At least KW goes out and tries to make the team better. I do not mind him as GM at all.POST OF THE DAY!!!
:supernana: :) :supernana: :) :supernana:

OzzieBall2004
07-19-2004, 01:52 AM
If he read these or if these forums had any impct on his decisions then maggs would be resigned, olivo wouldnt have been traded, koch would never haved pitched after last year, and he would have offered numerous pipedream trades to teams that we think make sense.

1) The checks aren't backed by Kennys dollars, so he can only offer Maggs the amount JR entitles him to.

2) Olivo had to go in that trade. We got Freddy, and we got him for 3+ years. If you refer to Saturdays game, you'll see the reason we needed him. We would have lost all 4 games in Oakland, and we wouldnt still be hanging by a thread in first place. We'd be in second by a half a game.

3) Not everyone was happy to see Koch go, I still have nights where I cannot sleep because I know I will never be put through the suspense of a Billy Koch save opportunity. Those days were exhilirating....and now, sadly, they're gone

Aidan
07-19-2004, 02:12 AM
3) Not everyone was happy to see Koch go, I still have nights where I cannot sleep because I know I will never be put through the suspense of a Billy Koch save opportunity. Those days were exhilirating....and now, sadly, they're gone :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Ok, I changed my mind. Now you have the...

POST OF THE DAY!!!
:supernana: :) :supernana: :) :supernana:

Brian26
07-19-2004, 09:05 AM

I hope you're not claiming to be the only person who thought we should re-acquire Everett. This idea has been bounced around since January.

SoxFan76
07-19-2004, 09:08 AM
I hope you're not claiming to be the only person who thought we should re-acquire Everett. This idea has been bounced around since January.
That's the first thing I thought. Everybody and their mother brought up Carl's name.

bennyw41
07-19-2004, 09:09 AM
I agree, you honestly think he was searching for Ideas, then went to a fan board, saw that the fans were talking about Carl Everrett, and then said..."Hey, I'll do it!"

Aidan...thats just stupid.

mcfish
07-19-2004, 10:00 AM
I agree, you honestly think he was searching for Ideas, then went to a fan board, saw that the fans were talking about Carl Everrett, and then said..."Hey, I'll do it!"

Aidan...thats just stupid.
Maybe that's the post of the day.

mcfish
07-19-2004, 10:03 AM
2) Olivo didn't become a 5-tool player until after he was traded. Before that, he was a .270 hitter who had just gotten caught stealing twice in 1 game. Olivo still would have been traded, but KW would have quickly changed his mind and given Seattle anything they wanted to get him back if he were reading the boards.

Gumshoe
07-19-2004, 10:06 AM
I wouldn't put it past KW to look for ideas here. Trade Rauch for a guy who you are going to have for 3 months, and who CANNOT play defense at all? Come on.

As long as Rowand, who is carrying the team right now (see yesterday's game?) in terms of production and energy, keeps playing CF I don't have any beef.

That was a good call on the possibility taht Randar was KW. Ha! But KW likes Rowand, and even after all the D and O that Aaron has shown, Randar still says he stinks. Ha! What gibberish!

Take it easy, guys

G

voodoochile
07-19-2004, 10:13 AM
I wouldn't put it past KW to look for ideas here. Trade Rauch for a guy who you are going to have for 3 months, and who CANNOT play defense at all? Come on.

As long as Rowand, who is carrying the team right now (see yesterday's game?) in terms of production and energy, keeps playing CF I don't have any beef.

That was a good call on the possibility taht Randar was KW. Ha! But KW likes Rowand, and even after all the D and O that Aaron has shown, Randar still says he stinks. Ha! What gibberish!

Take it easy, guys

G
Well gosh, that was informative...:rolleyes:

Actually, the Sox have Crazy Carl for next year too...

ode to veeck
07-19-2004, 01:32 PM
Actually, the Sox have Crazy Carl for next year too...
Wow didn't know that, maybe we can trade him for a catcher when Maggs and Frank are both back in their normal positions

jabrch
07-19-2004, 01:41 PM
There's a slight chance someone in his office might keep tabs, and there is zero chance that anything said in here has ever affected any move Williams has ever made.

Thank Goodness. Imagine if he started listening to the armchair GMs here?

RKMeibalane
07-19-2004, 01:54 PM
Of course he reads these threads. (In fact, I've questioned in the past whether or not KW = Radar68.) If nothing else, it would be an idiotic marketing move not to read what we have to say. We're the diehards. The ones who keep renewing season tickets.

As the GM, how many fans attend affects how much money he can spend, which affects which players he can get, which affects how well his team performs. It's his job to keep us happy.

Yes, he's got a giant ego, but let's face it, occasionally the truly diehard, intelligent fans will have good ideas. He'd be crazy not to at least read them and consider them.

Now that I've said that, I'd like to say: Hi Kenny. Are you about ready for an early retirement?
I don't think KDW is Randar68. Randar likes Frank Thomas. KDW doesn't.

bennyw41
07-19-2004, 02:37 PM
Did anyone notice how Willsy, as much as I love the guy, bad mouths players who are traded? He was ripping on Rauch yesterday, and when Olivo got traded, he ripped him too.

TornLabrum
07-19-2004, 02:39 PM
Did anyone notice how Willsy, as much as I love the guy, bad mouths players who are traded? He was ripping on Rauch yesterday, and when Olivio got traded, he ripped him too.
Who is Olivio?

bennyw41
07-19-2004, 02:43 PM
Who is Olivio?
He's a smart ass response for the sake of a cheap laugh. Oh wait, that is your last post

whitesoxwilkes
07-19-2004, 02:44 PM
Who is Olivio?
Guy who used to catch Estaben Loiaza and Marc Buhrle.

fuzzy_patters
07-19-2004, 02:46 PM
Who is Olivio?
I think he's Tony Oliva's son.

OzzieBall2004
07-19-2004, 03:06 PM
Wow didn't know that, maybe we can trade him for a catcher when Maggs and Frank are both back in their normal positions

The trade deadlines in a week and a half and Franks out for 8 weeks.

bobj4400
07-19-2004, 04:25 PM
Who is Olivio?
He hangs out on the end of the bench with Valentine...

Tekijawa
07-19-2004, 04:56 PM
Yes!!! I read these quite regularly and even post ocasionally... And I wouldn't be looking for RJ or Kendall on this team anytime soon!

RKMeibalane
07-19-2004, 06:35 PM
As long as Rowand, who is carrying the team right now
***?

illiniwhitesox
07-19-2004, 11:07 PM

I want to be the first to post that, come next year, after we let Carl slip away to the Expos or Blue Jays, we should reacqire him later in the 2005 season.

nasox
07-20-2004, 12:12 AM
***? I agree. Rowand is playing well, better than before, but in no way is he carrying the team. That post made me want to http://skyscrapercity.com/images/smilies/puke.gif

doublem23
07-20-2004, 12:18 AM
He hangs out on the end of the bench with Valentine...
I thought he got traded with Rausch.

doublem23
07-20-2004, 12:21 AM
As long as Rowand, who is carrying the team right now
Thanks for your input, Aaron.

Anyway, while I'm certain someone in the Sox brass keeps an eye on the boards, I'm 1000% sure that KW takes little of what we have to think into his decision. For christ's sake, all you have to do is be on these boards a week to see what kind of windsocks hang around here.'

After a loss...
"I'm going to the bathroom to slit my wrists right now! To hell with this ****, I hate my life! :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: "

After win...
"So, my buddy and I made a bet that I win a thousand bucks if the Sox win the World Series in 3 games. He claims it can't be done, but I say if any team can do it, this one can. We have 4 Cy Young caliber pitchers and an offense loaded and anchored by the amazing Aaron Rowand and Jamie Burke. Get me the champagne now."

:rolleyes:

Aidan
07-20-2004, 01:07 AM
I thought he got traded with Rausch.:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

gosox41
07-20-2004, 08:01 AM
I don't think KDW is Randar68. Randar likes Frank Thomas. KDW doesn't.
I don't know I have my doubts. If he's not KW, I think he works for the organization.

Bob

gosox41
07-20-2004, 08:02 AM
The trade deadlines in a week and a half and Franks out for 8 weeks.
You can still trade after the trade deadline if a player clears waivers. Of course there is the matter of being traded to a new team and being eligible for the playoff roster.

Bob

doublem23
07-20-2004, 04:02 PM
You can still trade after the trade deadline if a player clears waivers. Of course there is the matter of being traded to a new team and being eligible for the playoff roster.

Bob
Play-off rosters have to be finalized when? August 31st? Sounds right to me.

gosox41
07-21-2004, 08:24 AM
Play-off rosters have to be finalized when? August 31st? Sounds right to me.
I think so, but September 15 is a date that also sticks out for some reason.

Bob

Jerome
07-21-2004, 03:53 PM
Anyone think Kenny visits these forums?

You bet I do.

ewokpelts
07-21-2004, 04:29 PM

...and now we have Crazy Carl again. Anyone think Kenny visits these forums?I'm not sure. BUT.....IF HE DID......it has no bearing on his duties as Gm. I dont know why people are obsessed about whether or not the organization reads this site. Just because Schilling read up on bosox boards before his trade dosent mean that everyt exec/player/ect goes on fan site. It's comprable to whether or not the organization listen to sports talk radio all day(although i suspect that Hawk listens to the moron)
Gene

ewokpelts
07-21-2004, 04:29 PM
I think so, but September 15 is a date that also sticks out for some reason.

BobSeptember 1st.