PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Analysis on the Everett trade...

Aidan
07-18-2004, 11:01 PM
"Breaking down July trades"
By Jim Callis
Baseball America

Everett back on South Side...
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1834457

Wow, I didn't know about Majewski's history with the White Sox...
This marks the second time that the White Sox have dealt Majewski. After signing him out of a Houston high school in the second round of the 1998 draft, Chicago sent Majewski to the Dodgers in a March 2001 trade for Antonio Osuna before reacquiring him that July in a deal for James Baldwin. Majewski's best pitch is a natural sinker that runs up to the low 90s, and he backs it up with a slider. As Charlotte's closer, he posted a 3-3, 3.19 record and 14 saves in 35 apperances. He had a 41-16 K-BB ratio in 42 innings, while opponents hit .194 with two homers. Both Majewski and Rauch could see action in Montreal in the near future.

WinningUgly!
07-18-2004, 11:06 PM
"Breaking down July trades"
By Jim Callis
Baseball America

Everett back on South Side...
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1834457

Wow, I didn't know about Majewski's history with the White Sox...
Wasn't that part of the Berry/Barry/Bury deal?:tongue:

mantis1212
07-19-2004, 12:07 AM
Wow, talk about an uninformed "analysis" by ESPN. Not only do they think he came here to play centerfield, but they think he'll be playing it in someplace called "U.S. Cellular Park".

Aidan
07-19-2004, 12:15 AM
Wow, talk about an uninformed "analysis" by ESPN. Not only do they think he came here to play centerfield, but they think he'll be playing it in someplace called "U.S. Cellular Park".Yeah, I thought it was funny that ESPN thinks that Everett will play CF for us. Don't they know that Frank is injured and that Rowand has been tearing it up in CF? We need a DH not a CF.

dcb33
07-19-2004, 12:26 AM
Yeah, I thought it was funny that ESPN thinks that Everett will play CF for us. Don't they know that Frank is injured and that Rowand has been tearing it up in CF? We need a DH not a CF.
I'm just surprised ESPN remembered there's more than one baseball team in Chicago other than the Cubs.

petekat
07-19-2004, 12:32 AM
On ESPN radio tonight, one of their 3 analysts (Frank a roo, John Siebel, forget which one), when asked to comment on which injury (prior, mussina, thomas) would have the biggest impact on their respective team's playoff chances offered this: "The Thomas injury, doesnt really have an impact. Nobody in Chicago cares about Thomas". says plenty

mdep524
07-19-2004, 01:08 AM
I'm just surprised ESPN remembered there's more than one baseball team in Chicago other than the Cubs.
You think that analysis was bad? You should see Peter "Boston" Gammons' latest article in which he says, among other things, that the Twins winning the '04 World Series is in the "best, purest interests of baseball." Then he goes into "analysis" (notice the quotes) of a potential Randy Johnson trade, never once even mentioning the phrase "White Sox." (Magglio's name was mentioned only because, as we all know, he should have been a Red Sox).

Here's the article:
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/gammons/story?id=1842161

We've said it before: I'm sorry, but espn.com is a joke. Is it seriously too much to ask for unbiased, even-handed sports coverage?

Aidan
07-19-2004, 01:13 AM
You think that analysis was bad? You should see Peter "Boston" Gammons' latest article in which he says, among other things, that the Twins winning the '04 World Series is in the "best, purest interests of baseball." Then he goes into "analysis" (notice the quotes) of a potential Randy Johnson trade, never once even mentioning the phrase "White Sox." (Magglio's name was mentioned only because, as we all know, he should have been a Red Sox).

Here's the article:
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/gammons/story?id=1842161

We've said it before: I'm sorry, but espn.com is a joke. Is it seriously too much to ask for unbiased, even-handed sports coverage?I saw that. Gammons is such a deutsch-bag.

34 Inch Stick
07-19-2004, 07:10 AM
I didn't know he was German!

TomParrish79
07-19-2004, 08:18 AM
:D:

I wouldnt take what Gammons says too seriously, he flip flops more than Mariotti.

Dadawg_77
07-19-2004, 09:40 AM
The article is from Baseball America writers, who ESPN outsourced the transaction analyst work to.