PDA

View Full Version : Enough Negatives, here's a positive Sox thread....

WhiteSoxFan84
07-18-2004, 11:49 PM
We go into Oakland and lose 3 out of 4, we could have won 2 more of those games, but ah well, it happened, let's get over it. Did anyone notice that we went into this series with a half game lead and we are still in first with that lead after losing 3 of 4? Yes, and why? Because the Minnesota Twins lost 3 of 4 to the ROYALS. There's some positivity for ya! Want some more? Here it is...

- Sox have upcoming 2-game meetings with the Rangers and Indians. Rangers are on a 4 game winning streak, however, we are 2-1 against them and Joaquin Benoit starts the first game for Texas. Joaquin faced the Sox earlier this year and pitched 4 innings, gave up 4 earned runs. Benoit also has a 5.40 ERA in the month of July.
In the second game, Jon Garland starts for us and he is 5-2, with 3.50 ERA on the road, and has yet to face the Rangers this year.
The Indians have been shaky lately splitting their last 10 games. The Sox also have a 3-2 record against the Tribe this year. Projected starters for that 2 game series are Mark Buehrle and Freddy Garcia.

- The Twins play the Tigers and the Devil Rays. The Twins are 6-7 against the Tigers, including 3 losses at the Metrodome earlier this month. They are 2-4 against the D-Rays this year, and this ain't the same D-Rays everyone is used to seeing. Lou Pinella got these kids playing to win every game.

- And last but not least, to the Sox fans whom despise the Cubs, or just enjoy watching them lose, the Cubs split a 4-game series with the Milwaukee Brewers, find themselves 8 games out of first, and a game out of the wild card race (tied with San Diego).

Ahhh, things are about to change for the better, I can see it now. Your in good hands with KW and Ozzie. To think, we haven't even played our best basebell yet.

Be happy Sox fans, the excitement is just about to begin, and when it does, ain't no feeling better than a good team playing good ball.

:)

SSN721
07-19-2004, 12:00 AM
:threadrules:

I like to see this optimism. With Crazy Carl coming back who knows how far we can go. :bandance:

doublem23
07-19-2004, 12:02 AM
I like to see this optimism. With Crazy Carl coming back who knows how far we can go. :bandance::chickenlittle
Remember, when you're in first, the only direction you can go is down.

South Side
07-19-2004, 12:31 AM
:chickenlittle
SHUT UP!!!!!!! Wow... I actually had a smile on my face and I was like, "Yeah, he's right, we aren't doing so bad" and your witty sarcasm ruined it!! :cool:

Cowch44
07-19-2004, 12:37 AM
Projected starters for that 2 game series are Mark Buehrle and Freddy Garcia.
I was just thinking about how everyone in the AL Central must hate that we got Garcia.

jabrch
07-19-2004, 12:38 AM
I was just thinking about how everyone in the AL Central must hate that we got Garcia.
It seems the armchair GMs here are about the only people who think Garcia was a bad acquisition. It makes me laugh.

pudge
07-19-2004, 12:52 AM
It seems the armchair GMs here are about the only people who think Garcia was a bad acquisition. It makes me laugh.
I think you're reading way too much into what people say, or the few really negative people, because I have not gotten the vibe from anyone that it was a bad acquisition. But did we give up a heck of a lot for Garcia? Yes. And I've heard reports that some within the game think we gave up way too much. In the end, only time will tell.

Rudy Law
07-19-2004, 01:31 AM
I think you're reading way too much into what people say, or the few really negative people, because I have not gotten the vibe from anyone that it was a bad acquisition. But did we give up a heck of a lot for Garcia? Yes. And I've heard reports that some within the game think we gave up way too much. In the end, only time will tell.
To get something you have to give up something...The Mariners weren't going to take a bag of balls for Garcia...Olivo was good;but this team needs pitching...With good pitching you can do a lot more than with a good catcher...They don't win championships...As far as Reed..2 Words Scott Ruffcorn.....Any baseball people who think we gave up to much for him are just pissed that he didn't go to the Yankees

Rudy Law
07-19-2004, 01:33 AM
Yeah Shut-up...Why even be a fan if you only expect the worse....What is the point....You would be the same guy bitching if they weren't in 1st.....Go root for the Cubs!!

Cowch44
07-19-2004, 01:47 AM
Yeah Shut-up...Why even be a fan if you only expect the worse....What is the point....You would be the same guy bitching if they weren't in 1st.....Go root for the Cubs!!
There's no need for that.

Aidan
07-19-2004, 02:36 AM
Remember, when you're in first, the only direction you can go is down.Am I the only one that got the fact that doublem23 was just being sarcastic and ripping on the pessimistic Sox fans? :rolleyes:

FarWestChicago
07-19-2004, 02:39 AM
Am I the only one that got the fact that doublem23 was just being sarcastic and ripping on the pessimistic Sox fans? :rolleyes:No, but somebody didn't get it. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

TommyJohn
07-19-2004, 03:13 AM
Am I the only one that got the fact that doublem23 was just being sarcastic and ripping on the pessimistic Sox fans? :rolleyes:

Looks that way to me.

VA_GoGoSox
07-19-2004, 03:53 AM
Ahhh, things are about to change for the better, I can see it now. Your in good hands with KW and Ozzie. To think, we haven't even played our best basebell yet.

Be happy Sox fans, the excitement is just about to begin, and when it does, ain't no feeling better than a good team playing good ball.

:)
You know, I was pretty p.o.'d about getting stomped on the west coast again, but you're right--this team hasn't played it's best ball yet. Thanks for some much needed optimism:smile:

For anyone else who is still depressed, I'd like to offer this inspirational speech:

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL NO! And it ain't over now! Cause when the going gets tough...................the tough get going! Who's with me? AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Let's go Sox! Tear up the second half!!!

Chrisaway
07-19-2004, 04:23 AM
We go into Oakland and lose 3 out of 4, we could have won 2 more of those games, but ah well, it happened, let's get over it. Did anyone notice that we went into this series with a half game lead and we are still in first with that lead after losing 3 of 4? Yes, and why? Because the Minnesota Twins lost 3 of 4 to the ROYALS. There's some positivity for ya! Want some more? Here it is...

- Sox have upcoming 2-game meetings with the Rangers and Indians. Rangers are on a 4 game winning streak, however, we are 2-1 against them and Joaquin Benoit starts the first game for Texas. Joaquin faced the Sox earlier this year and pitched 4 innings, gave up 4 earned runs. Benoit also has a 5.40 ERA in the month of July.
In the second game, Jon Garland starts for us and he is 5-2, with 3.50 ERA on the road, and has yet to face the Rangers this year.
The Indians have been shaky lately splitting their last 10 games. The Sox also have a 3-2 record against the Tribe this year. Projected starters for that 2 game series are Mark Buehrle and Freddy Garcia.

- The Twins play the Tigers and the Devil Rays. The Twins are 6-7 against the Tigers, including 3 losses at the Metrodome earlier this month. They are 2-4 against the D-Rays this year, and this ain't the same D-Rays everyone is used to seeing. Lou Pinella got these kids playing to win every game.

- And last but not least, to the Sox fans whom despise the Cubs, or just enjoy watching them lose, the Cubs split a 4-game series with the Milwaukee Brewers, find themselves 8 games out of first, and a game out of the wild card race (tied with San Diego).

:)Thats the spirit. I never whine when my team is in 1st (unless Koch was pitching:tongue: ).

BigEdWalsh
07-19-2004, 10:40 AM
Thats the spirit. I never whine when my team is in 1st (unless Koch was pitching:tongue: ).
I tend to agree, but it's hard. Though the Sox are in 1st, they're spinning their wheels. I'm getting pretty tired of thinking "well, at least the Twins lost". :redface:

PorkChopExpress
07-19-2004, 12:05 PM
It's really not as bad as it seems. This recent slide is not like last year when we were dropping games to the worst teams in baseball. We played the Cubs, who have great pitching and a good offense, and always play the Sox hard (2 of 3), we played the Twins, who have a solid team, and no matter what roster they put out there, they play the Sox hard (3 of 3), we played the Cubs again in a National ballpark (1 of 3), we played Anaheim who has a killer lineup, and we caught them when they were hot (1 of 3), we played Seattle who may not be that great, but we swept them (3 of 3), and then it was Oakland where we have historically had trouble, not to mention they have great pitching and a fairly potent offense (1of 4). We did not drop games to poor teams. It was tough baseball, and sometimes you lose those games, but that doesn't mean we can't beat any of them. Watch things turn around with this Texas series.

StrTrkker
07-19-2004, 01:28 PM
I look at it this way I guess. We got beat by a very good A's team and Minnesota got slapped by a mediocre Royals squad. All though Im not happy about it for the most part I can live with that. Just the thought of facing teams like Tampa Bay & Baltimore and losing to these teams is what will kill our chances of nailing the AL Central.

Lets beat the Rangers and head on home to The Cell still in 1st Place. And when playoff time comes and if we have to face Oakland again then we will do them in like we know we can.