PDA

View Full Version : Cubs Interested in The Choice (tm)?

Brian26
07-18-2004, 10:36 PM
Denver Post: " There had been speculation from Chicago that the Cubs might be interested in Rockies shortstop Royce Clayton, who played for manager Dusty Baker when they were with the Giants. But the Cubs are pushing hard to acquire Montreal shortstop Orlando Cabrera, and their backup plan is Cleveland's Omar Vizquel."

Bwhahahahahahahaahahahhahah!!!!!

:gulp:

Kogs35
07-18-2004, 10:39 PM
Denver Post: " There had been speculation from Chicago that the Cubs might be interested in Rockies shortstop Royce Clayton, who played for manager Dusty Baker when they were with the Giants. But the Cubs are pushing hard to acquire Montreal shortstop Orlando Cabrera, and their backup plan is Cleveland's Omar Vizquel."

im too lazy to find the quote in the cleveland paper but omar vizquel said he will not waive his no trade clause. not even to the cubbies.

doublem23
07-18-2004, 10:39 PM
Maybe they can get Aaron Miles, too, and then have Phil Roger's amazing middle infield. :tongue:

MisterB
07-19-2004, 12:50 AM

Clayton's home/road splits:

Home: .350/.422/.581 5 hr
Road: .247/.295/.324 1 hr

Just do it, Flubs! :D:

Vsahajpal
07-19-2004, 01:25 AM
Your quote suggests they aren't, no?

StillMissOzzie
07-19-2004, 02:15 AM
Sure they want The Choice, he always hits in the 2nd half of the season!

I smell desperation...

SMO

Brian26
07-19-2004, 12:59 PM
Your quote suggests they aren't, no?

The quote suggests that at one time, they were definitely considering it. The quote then says they rather have Nomar or Vizquel. Since I don't see them picking up either of those guys, maybe they will have to revert back to Clayton.

bobj4400
07-19-2004, 01:18 PM
Explanation of why "The Choice" one more time please??

WSox8404
07-19-2004, 01:24 PM
Hi, my name is Alex Gonzalez, oh no wait, Royce Clayton.

RKMeibalane
07-19-2004, 01:48 PM
Explanation of why "The Choice" one more time please??
Royce Clayton first played for the Sox in 2001. He spent the first two months of the season hitting below .100, drawing the ire of Sox fans everywhere. Yet, Jerry "The Tinkerer" Manuel continued to send Clayton out there every day, prompting fans to refer to to the light-hitting shortstop as "Royce The Choice," which was eventually shortened to "The Choice."

:hitless

"I am the greatest shortstop of all time!"

bobj4400
07-19-2004, 02:17 PM
Royce Clayton first played for the Sox in 2001. He spent the first two months of the season hitting below .100, drawing the ire of Sox fans everywhere. Yet, Jerry "The Tinkerer" Manuel continued to send Clayton out there every day, prompting fans to refer to to the light-hitting shortstop as "Royce The Choice," which was eventually shortened to "The Choice."

"I am the greatest shortstop of all time!"

Thanks! I figured it had something to do with his all glove/no hit abilities, but wanted confirmation.

FarWestChicago
07-19-2004, 02:51 PM
Explanation of why "The Choice" one more time please??The Choice (http://www.flyingsock.com/glossary/index.php?a=term&d=1&t=207)

Vsahajpal
07-19-2004, 03:10 PM
The quote suggests that at one time, they were definitely considering it. The quote then says they rather have Nomar or Vizquel. Since I don't see them picking up either of those guys, maybe they will have to revert back to Clayton.

Oh I see, "Speculation that they might be considering..." suggests "They were definitely considering..."

ma_deuce
07-19-2004, 03:37 PM
I can think of no better uniform for The Choice than Scrubbie Blew. Hell, he should have worn it every time he went up to bat while he was with the Sox. At least then, we wouldn't feel so betrayed when he turned an easy out.

Deuce

Foulke You
07-19-2004, 04:19 PM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!
God I hope this is true! Royce Clayton in Cubbie blue would be a dream come true.:D: Can you say "desperate" ? But the real questions is, would Dusty Baker take him out for ice cream like Jerry Manuel did? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...thanks guys, this thread put a smile on my face.:)

"Oh yeah! Another Chicago fielding % crown is on the horizon! I knew the city of Chicago didn't have enough of me!"

Brian26
07-19-2004, 08:12 PM
Oh I see, "Speculation that they might be considering..." suggests "They were definitely considering..."
Are you a Cubs fan?

RKMeibalane
07-19-2004, 08:56 PM
Are you a Cubs fan?
Yes, he is a Cubs fan.

Brian26
07-19-2004, 09:04 PM
Yes, he is a Cubs fan.
Figures. I was wondering why he was becoming so damn defensive about The Choice.

ma_deuce
07-20-2004, 12:42 AM
:pee :thechoice

MrRoboto83
07-20-2004, 12:50 AM
"The Choice" makes perfect sense on the North Side, they need a shortstop that doesnt like to commit errors, so he just doesnt throw the ball to make plays either. Royce has to be one of the worst ballplayers I have ever watched. 2001 was very very painful.