PDA

View Full Version : Jose Fires back at Twins

Evman5
07-18-2004, 05:45 PM
Link: http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20040718&content_id=803056&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp

"They have been down, but so have we," said White Sox shortstop Jose Valentin of the team's first half. "We win four in a row but then lose five straight. We haven't been consistent and we are still in first place.

"It's something where we have to go out there and forget about Minnesota. We have to take care of who we are playing each day. You can't overlook anyone."

The White Sox have hit their high-water mark this year at nine over .500 on two separate occasions and improved once again Sunday with the acquisition of Carl Everett for minor league pitchers Jon Rauch and Gary Majewski. They also are counting on a tough finishing schedule for the Twins to have the same effect it did on the White Sox last September, when they lost a two-game lead over the final three weeks.

An eight-game road trip to start the second half is not exactly the easiest road to travel for the South Siders. They certainly don't have any sympathy for Jones and the Twins, or any other team chasing them in the standings.

"We are playing a tough team in Oakland, and they are playing one of the worst teams in baseball in Kansas City," Valentin said of the Twins. "And they got beat twice. That's not our fault." "(Jones) is telling the truth," added Willie Harris of Jones' statement that the Twins deserve to be further behind. "They are a team that doesn't roll over, but we aren't either. That little remark about (deserving to be) 10 games out. He's right. With the team we have over here, he should consider himself lucky."

We have had big injury blows to our team with Mags and Frank out for extended time. I hope we beat the twins this year and run away with the division. On another note thank god the Twins will most likely lose Santana after the year. Santana is a stud and I would love to go after him in the off-season.

CubKilla
07-18-2004, 05:59 PM
"They have been down, but so have we," said White Sox shortstop Jose Valentin of the team's first half. "We win four in a row but then lose five straight. We haven't been consistent and we are still in first place.

"It's something where we have to go out there and forget about Minnesota. We have to take care of who we are playing each day. You can't overlook anyone."
Please shut up Jose!!!!! :D:

Win1ForMe
07-18-2004, 06:03 PM
"We are playing a tough team in Oakland, and they are playing one of the worst teams in baseball in Kansas City," Valentin said of the Twins. "And they got beat twice. That's not our fault." "(Jones) is telling the truth," added Willie Harris of Jones' statement that the Twins deserve to be further behind. "They are a team that doesn't roll over, but we aren't either. That little remark about (deserving to be) 10 games out. He's right. With the team we have over here, he should consider himself lucky." What a couple of morons. Try to win a few road games before shooting your
mouths off guys. At least the Twins won the division these past two years; we
haven't done anything.

HomerCoach
07-18-2004, 06:05 PM
I love it...keep the fire going guys!

Basten
07-18-2004, 06:09 PM
Link: http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20040718&content_id=803056&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp

The White Sox have hit their high-water mark this year at nine over .500 on two separate occasions and improved once again Sunday with the acquisition of Carl Everett for minor league pitchers Jon Rauch and Gary Majewski. They also are counting on a tough finishing schedule for the Twins to have the same effect it did on the White Sox last September, when they lost a two-game lead over the final three weeks.

An eight-game road trip to start the second half is not exactly the easiest road to travel for the South Siders. They certainly don't have any sympathy for Jones and the Twins, or any other team chasing them in the standings.

"We are playing a tough team in Oakland, and they are playing one of the worst teams in baseball in Kansas City," Valentin said of the Twins. "And they got beat twice. That's not our fault." "(Jones) is telling the truth," added Willie Harris of Jones' statement that the Twins deserve to be further behind. "They are a team that doesn't roll over, but we aren't either. That little remark about (deserving to be) 10 games out. He's right. With the team we have over here, he should consider himself lucky."

We have had big injury blows to our team with Mags and Frank out for extended time. I hope we beat the twins this year and run away with the division. On another note thank god the Twins will most likely lose Santana after the year. Santana is a stud and I would love to go after him in the off-season.
Earth to Jose: uppercutting an outside pitch off a left-hander cannot result in anything but an 'out'. When you hit above .260 for the year, then maybe I'll start paying attention to whatever trite **** you happened to think up in order to make yourself look good in the papes.

CubKilla
07-18-2004, 06:28 PM
Earth to Jose: uppercutting an outside pitch off a left-hander cannot result in anything but an 'out'. When you hit above .260 for the year, then maybe I'll start paying attention to whatever trite **** you happened to think up in order to make yourself look good in the papes.
I'm pretty sure Jose hit over .260 in 2000.

South Side
07-18-2004, 06:36 PM
So you're upset with him for defending his team? Ok...

RKMeibalane
07-18-2004, 07:42 PM
No, we're upset with him because he never shuts up. If it's not the Minnesota Twins, it's Frank Thomas. If it's not Frank, it's something else. Jose Valentin cannot keep quiet, no matter the situation. I used to think his constant chatter was humorous, as well as being a source of energy for the ballclub. Recently, however, his attitude has begun to wear on me and others. We're tired of hearing players like Jose talk about winning the division, etc. We want to see the Sox actually do it this season.

zach23
07-18-2004, 07:57 PM
No, we're upset with him because he never shuts up. If it's not the Minnesota Twins, it's Frank Thomas. If it's not Frank, it's something else. Jose Valentin cannot keep quiet, no matter the situation. I used to think his constant chatter was humorous, as well as being a source of energy for the ballclub. Recently, however, his attitude has begun to wear on me and others. We're tired of hearing players like Jose talk about winning the division, etc. We want to see the Sox actually do it this season.

Yep, just shut up and beat the crap out of them on the field. Never mind the talking, let them do the talking in the papers and just worry about what happens on the field.

Sox Mobile
07-18-2004, 08:08 PM
ditto. after his remarks about Thomas, im just not interested.

hey Jose, heres a quarter...........

Win1ForMe
07-18-2004, 08:42 PM
Actions speak louder than words.

Nick@Nite
07-18-2004, 10:48 PM
Actions speak louder than words.Hey, that's my sig! :tongue: