PDA

View Full Version : 1959 World Series Kinescopes

tiger1972
09-27-2001, 05:15 PM
Do any White Sox fans out there know if kinescopes - films of TV broadcasts - of the 1959 World Series exist? I have the "official" MLB film of the series, but has anyone ever seen recordings of the actual TV broadcasts? WGN's website says they do not have. Any thoughts?

RichieRichAllen
09-28-2001, 11:39 AM
Hey, Tiger...if you do find somebody that has them, I'd be very interested in them myself. I was too busy breast-feeding to actually see the series :-)

Also- you have a copy of the "official" MLB film of the series? Any chance you've digitized it and might have it available online anywhere? OK, OK....just asking ;-)

Originally posted by tiger1972
Do any White Sox fans out there know if kinescopes - films of TV broadcasts - of the 1959 World Series exist? I have the "official" MLB film of the series, but has anyone ever seen recordings of the actual TV broadcasts? WGN's website says they do not have. Any thoughts?

tiger1972
10-03-2001, 04:28 PM
You can purchase the official MLB film on video through several sites on-line. About $20. You can also purchase actual nationally broadcast radio of games #1, 4, and 5. Don't know why others are not available, but the radio broadcasts are tremendous. Mel Allen and Byron Saam (Phillies broadcaster). They are in the "Miley Collection" of classic radio broadcasts. Still searching for those kinescopes!