PDA

View Full Version : Koch Rot

Sox Mobile
07-18-2004, 05:31 PM
Billy got the call in the 8th in a 2-2 game against Pittsburgh today. He got hammered for a double, a HR and a single. final score 2-4 Pirates. Billy to have another sleepless night.

my reaction: A. i was happy i didnt have to worry about having a stroke.

B. i was happy i didnt have to spend my evening thinking up new and horrendous names for Billy.

C. i actually felt sorry for him. he was choking back tears waiting for Jack to get to the mound.

ive spent some time at the Marlins stadium, the fans are bandwagon and spoiled and turn ugly very quickly. we were kind to Koch compared to the hell he will face to that crowd!

Harris=God
07-18-2004, 05:33 PM
i too feel sorry for him. He is a class act.

OurBitchinMinny
07-18-2004, 11:11 PM
Hes a stand up guy and a nice guy too. He just has forgotten how to pitch

doublem23
07-18-2004, 11:14 PM
As long as he's not blowing games for the Sox, I'll feel bad for him.

beckett21
07-18-2004, 11:16 PM
Hes a stand up guy and a nice guy too. He just has forgotten how to pitchYou first off have to *know* how to pitch to *forget*.

But yeah I feel for the poor guy. Well he's not exactly poor, but you get the idea.

He was a good guy, too bad he sucked and apparently continues to do so.

Brian26
07-19-2004, 12:00 AM
Million dollar question - did Kenny make the deal knowing we were going to lose Foulke no matter what, so this was a chance to maybe lockup someone who was as good as Foulke for a number of years? I wouldn't say the trade backfired, in that sense, unless you're missing those draft picks we may have received based on Foulke's 2003 rebound year.

MUsoxfan
07-19-2004, 03:20 AM
Million dollar question - did Kenny make the deal knowing we were going to lose Foulke no matter what, so this was a chance to maybe lockup someone who was as good as Foulke for a number of years? I wouldn't say the trade backfired, in that sense, unless you're missing those draft picks we may have received based on Foulke's 2003 rebound year.

As I recall, Foulke was God awful and we had to take him out of save situations in favor of Osuna, Marte, etc. This was a GOOD TRADE at the time to anyone comparing Foulke numbers to Koch numbers. I myself was high on the trade until about August last year. I let my pre-concieved notions of Koch get in the way of his reality. I'm glad he's gone, and I'm ecstatic we have Takatsu

Nellie_Fox
07-19-2004, 03:33 AM
As I recall, Foulke was God awful and we had to take him out of save situations in favor of Osuna, Marte, etc. As I recall, Foulke had started turning it around, and was showing signs of being his old self again at the time of the trade.

Aidan
07-19-2004, 04:01 AM
As I recall, Foulke was God awful and we had to take him out of save situations in favor of Osuna, Marte, etc. This was a GOOD TRADE at the time to anyone comparing Foulke numbers to Koch numbers. I myself was high on the trade until about August last year. I let my pre-concieved notions of Koch get in the way of his reality. I'm glad he's gone, and I'm ecstatic we have TakatsuI felt exactly the same way.

nasox
07-19-2004, 04:22 AM
As I recall, Foulke had started turning it around, and was showing signs of being his old self again at the time of the trade.

i think you recall correctly. Oh,well, no use in crying over spilled milk.