PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Carl

South Side
07-18-2004, 12:46 AM
Ooo I was just watching Baseball Tonight and they were showcasing Everett. He had a RBI double and a niccce web gem. Bring Carl back Kenny!

WSox8404
07-18-2004, 12:49 AM
With Frank being out I say go out and get him, but try not to pay an arm and a leg.

DickAllen72
07-18-2004, 12:53 AM
Ooo I was just watching Baseball Tonight and they were showcasing Everett. He had a RBI double and a niccce web gem. Bring Carl back Kenny!

They were reporting after the Sox game on radio tonight (can't remember if AM1000 or WSCR) that KW has intensified his efforts to get Everett back.
:bandance:

Maybe they can get Livan Hernandez and Brian Schneider to come along with him!

guillen4life13
07-18-2004, 01:00 AM
Maybe they can get Livan Hernandez and Brian Schneider to come along with him!
Livo in a White Sox uniform would be really good. Quality starter with two world series appearances. Looks and sounds good to me.

pearso66
07-18-2004, 01:02 AM
Livo in a White Sox uniform would be really good. Quality starter with two world series appearances. Looks and sounds good to me.
That and we wouldnt have to sell the farm to get him, like it would take to get RJ.

DickAllen72
07-18-2004, 01:06 AM
That and we wouldnt have to sell the farm to get him, like it would take to get RJ.

I wonder if we could get Livan, Schneider and Everett for say Borchard, Rauch/Diaz, and Burke?

pearso66
07-18-2004, 01:08 AM
I wonder if we could get Livan, Schneider and Everett for say Borchard, Rauch/Diaz, and Burke?
While that sounds good from our standpoint. It all depends on how bad they want to get rid of Everett's contract. I'd say it would have to be Borchard, Burke, and 2 of Rauch/Diaz/Cotts, at least.

DickAllen72
07-18-2004, 01:12 AM
While that sounds good from our standpoint. It all depends on how bad they want to get rid of Everett's contract. I'd say it would have to be Borchard, Burke, and 2 of Rauch/Diaz/Cotts, at least.

I might go for that as long as one of them is Rauch. I wouldn't like to give up both Diaz and Cotts in this deal.

pearso66
07-18-2004, 01:16 AM
I might go for that as long as one of them is Rauch. I wouldn't like to give up both Diaz and Cotts in this deal.
I agree with you there. And I'm not a GM, but I'd bet that it would probably be Rauch and Cotts. I'd assume Diaz is more of an unknown. but I'm not a GM, and only know our prospects so, I guess I really dont know, lol

FightingBillini
07-18-2004, 02:10 AM
I think we will get Everett. While I would LOVE to see us get Hernandez, I highly doubt it. The Expos plan on keeping him and Vidro to build with. The team is horrible, and they are going to be sold. They cant sell a bare-ass team, beucase they want better attendance in RFK next year than in MON?PR this year.

Aidan
07-18-2004, 02:46 AM
They were reporting after the Sox game on radio tonight (can't remember if AM1000 or WSCR) that KW has intensified his efforts to get Everett back.
:bandance:
Really? I love it. This is good news to me. I love "Crazy Carl". It kind of makes sense since Montreal has Brad Wilkerson, Endy Chavez, Juan Rivera, and Terrmel Sledge in the outfield already. They don't really need Carl.

He has a decent contract (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1686888) too. $7.5 million for 2 years. So if we got him we would owe him under $1.5 million for the rest of this season and $4.5 million for next season. Sounds like a good deal to me.

MarkEdward
07-18-2004, 04:16 AM
Anyone else notice that Carl Everett isn't having a very good season? This year, he's hitting .252/.319/.378 with a .239 EQA. Granted, it's only about 130 ABs. However, Everett is 33, his career has been dotted with various injuries, and he's signed through 2005. I'm willing to believe that Everett will hit better than his current numbers suggest the rest of the way, but I don't think he'll hit much better than someone like Ross Gload (.250 EQA).

I must give Carl credit, though; he came up with the greatest nickname for a sports' reporter ever. Oh, and "Requiem for a Dream" is on. Good times.

Sox Mobile
07-18-2004, 07:52 AM
Anyone else notice that Carl Everett isn't having a very good season? This year, he's hitting .252/.319/.378 with a .239 EQA. Granted, it's only about 130 ABs. However, Everett is 33, his career has been dotted with various injuries, and he's signed through 2005. I'm willing to believe that Everett will hit better than his current numbers suggest the rest of the way, but I don't think he'll hit much better than someone like Ross Gload (.250 EQA).

I must give Carl credit, though; he came up with the greatest nickname for a sports' reporter ever. Oh, and "Requiem for a Dream" is on. Good times.
i agree, and i dont recall him making much of an impact in the 2003 season. does my memory serve me wrong?:?:

samram
07-18-2004, 08:59 AM
i agree, and i dont recall him making much of an impact in the 2003 season. does my memory serve me wrong?:?:
Actually, it does.:D: But it's understandable, since the team didn't make the playoffs and generally was bad at the exact wrong time. However, Carl was solid. He hit (http://www.baseball-reference.com/e/evereca01.shtml) .301 with 10HR and 41 RBI and and .850 OPS with the Sox.

gosox41
07-18-2004, 09:29 AM
Get him, if he's healthy. It shouldn't cost that much in terms of talent. Also, I would give try to sign Olerud and give him a shot.

Bob

harwar
07-18-2004, 09:43 AM
Ken Williams has been talking to the expos for over a month.
They were getting closer and then the Big Hurt injury story broke(which he was trying to play down) and the price went up because now they know how desperate we are.
The former is just the opinion of an overwrought,maniacal,White Sox fan who has totally lost touch with reallity:nuts: and any and all references to person or persons living or dead are just coincidence and do not express the views of THE CHICAGO WHITE SOX organization in any way,shape,or form.