PDA

View Full Version : More Sellouts in Next Home Stand

Cellview22
07-17-2004, 10:15 PM
Who thinks we'll see more sellouts during our next home stand? We play Detroit and Minnesota. I checked for 3 seats for Saturday, and it gave me seats in the UD..and that's a week away.

A ton of tourists, and locals, will be checking out Millennium Park in its 2nd week open, and what better way to end the day than to head a few miles south to US Cellular. I think that park will generate an attendance boost for the Sox since the Cubs are all sold out for the season. By the way, I checked out Millennium today, and it's incredible, it's like heaven in there! TONS of people. So for next Saturday night, I'm predicting a sell out. And for the Twins, Monday and Tuesday could easily sell out. Can't wait to see the big crowds and the big wins. What do you all think?

nasox
07-17-2004, 11:11 PM
Who thinks we'll see more sellouts during our next home stand? We play Detroit and Minnesota. I checked for 3 seats for Saturday, and it gave me seats in the UD..and that's a week away.

A ton of tourists, and locals, will be checking out Millennium Park in its 2nd week open, and what better way to end the day than to head a few miles south to US Cellular. I think that park will generate an attendance boost for the Sox since the Cubs are all sold out for the season. By the way, I checked out Millennium today, and it's incredible, it's like heaven in there! TONS of people. So for next Saturday night, I'm predicting a sell out. And for the Twins, Monday and Tuesday could easily sell out. Can't wait to see the big crowds and the big wins. What do you all think?

I am predicting, pending at least a split in the monday and tuesday games agains the twins, a complete sellout for that series. But hey, what the hell do I know? :bandance:

WSox8404
07-17-2004, 11:37 PM
I think there will be some sellouts. Saturdays for the rest of the season should all be sold out, as long as we are in first or in contention. Mondays and Tuesday will all have at least 32,000 to 35,000 and they might sell out depending on the team we play. And don't forget our last day game we had. 28,000 strong. Could you imagine if we sold out a day game? That would be incredible.

HomeFish
07-17-2004, 11:53 PM
Who cares about the attendence? There are more important numbers up on the scoreboard to worry about.

WSox8404
07-18-2004, 12:00 AM
Who cares about the attendence? There are more important numbers up on the scoreboard to worry about.
We can talk about it if we want to. I know that the records and stuff is much more important but it is nice to take a break from that once and a while. I am tired of talking trades for now, and I am tired of talking about Minnesota also. We are still in first and that is all that counts. So let us talk about attendence. It is no big deal.

gobears1987
07-18-2004, 12:05 AM
My mom and I were on to check tickets for July 26th game against the Twins. The lower deck was already sold out. We had to get upper deck tickets in the 18th row. This is a good sign of things to come.

NOTE: Some may mock me for only going to half price nights, but being a 16 year old with limited money I don't have much choice in the matter. If I could afford to go to every game I would attend them as the biggest Sox fan in the world. (I just ordered a Freddy Garcia jersey online, hope I get it ontime for the game.)

DickAllen72
07-18-2004, 12:20 AM
My mom and I were on to check tickets for July 26th game against the Twins. The lower deck was already sold out. We had to get upper deck tickets in the 18th row. This is a good sign of things to come.

NOTE: Some may mock me for only going to half price nights, but being a 16 year old with limited money I don't have much choice in the matter. If I could afford to go to every game I would attend them as the biggest Sox fan in the world. (I just ordered a Freddy Garcia jersey online, hope I get it ontime for the game.)

Nobody's going to mock you, at least no one should. It costs an arm and a leg to go to a ballgame these days. When I was your age (early to mid 70's) I used to go to about 30 games a year. I went to 37 in 1972. But tickets used to be about $1.75 if I recall correctly. $5.00 got you Box seats! I used to take the bus for around a buck--Archer to 35th, 35th to Shields.

With ticket prices now, it's hard to take your family to more than a few games a year. Last Saturday I spent $138.00 on tickets and parking before I even walked into the park!

I think it's great you go to games and I hope you and your Mom have a blast! Bring us a winner that night!!
:)

Soxzilla
07-18-2004, 12:32 AM
Nobody's going to mock you, at least no one should. It costs an arm and a leg to go to a ballgame these days. When I was your age (early to mid 70's) I used to go to about 30 games a year. I went to 37 in 1972. But tickets used to be about $1.75 if I recall correctly. $5.00 got you Box seats! I used to take the bus for around a buck--Archer to 35th, 35th to Shields.

With ticket prices now, it's hard to take your family to more than a few games a year. Last Saturday I spent $138.00 on tickets and parking before I even walked into the park!

I think it's great you go to games and I hope you and your Mom have a blast! Bring us a winner that night!!
:)
I just spent 108 bucks on ticketmaster for 2 club seats to the july 27th game against the twinkies. I haven't looked at the schedule, but I hope the G-man is pitching, I went to the angels game that he lost, but damn if I didn't have a good time. He's such an exciting pitcher to watch.

Mohoney
07-18-2004, 12:44 AM

Believe me when I say that no one here would mock you. You're doing all you can to support this team. If half price night can get you in the park and get you interested in this team, then by all means enjoy yourself. I go to several half price nights and dollar dog days in addition to my split-season plan, and I think that they're great promotions, as do most Sox fans.

Anything that can draw over 30,000 to a game is fine by me.

FightingBillini
07-18-2004, 01:04 AM
I agree. As a college student, I have very limited funds. I try to go to almost every half price game, and I go to very few others. I got tickets to the 6/27 Cubs game online, and the rest of my games this year will be monday or tuesday.

nasox
07-18-2004, 02:19 AM
Nobody in this thread was worrying.

owensmouth
07-18-2004, 03:24 AM
I'm predicting a hurricane. It is impossible for the White Sox to get a break in the weather.

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-18-2004, 03:32 AM
I am also going one of the half price nights vs the twins. Now that my dad's gone, the money is limited and we can't spend tons of money at the game. I actually like sitting in the upper deck reserve because we can usually walk up on a half price night at get 3rd row seats down the 1st base line. It's a 90 mile treck to the park now that I moved out of Schaumburg, but it's worth it to see a white sox winner!!!! The last time we went was the half price night vs the Phillies. Costed us $16 to park, $24 for 4 tickets for my mom, my sister, my sister's friend. and me. Spent maybe $20 or so on food so it wasn't bad at all. I ended up spending $25 for a Buehrle shirt and $10 for a cubs suck shirt from one of the bootleggers(shame on me!)

Soxzilla
07-18-2004, 03:57 AM
I am also going one of the half price nights vs the twins. Now that my dad's gone, the money is limited and we can't spend tons of money at the game. I actually like sitting in the upper deck reserve because we can usually walk up on a half price night at get 3rd row seats down the 1st base line. It's a 90 mile treck to the park now that I moved out of Schaumburg, but it's worth it to see a white sox winner!!!! The last time we went was the half price night vs the Phillies. Costed us $16 to park, $24 for 4 tickets for my mom, my sister, my sister's friend. and me. Spent maybe $20 or so on food so it wasn't bad at all. I ended up spending $25 for a Buehrle shirt and $10 for a cubs suck shirt from one of the bootleggers(shame on me!)Honestly, if I could go one white sox game without hearing that lame ass simpsons theme song from one of those street musicians I would die a happy man.:gulp:

inta
07-18-2004, 05:03 AM
i'm actually enjoying not worrying or being embarassed about attendance at the cell for once.

as long as we draw 28000-30000 i'm happy. i dont expect us to sell out every day like the yankees and cubs do.

but it's been a long time since we had a freakin 14000 attendance day, and that makes me happy.

TommyJohn
07-18-2004, 05:24 AM
but it's been a long time since we had a freakin 14000 attendance day.
:moron

I'll fix that!!

StrTrkker
07-18-2004, 07:59 AM
I'm predicting a hurricane. It is impossible for the White Sox to get a break in the weather.
Boy your not kidding...

The one chance I had to go to a Sox game this year was a halfprice pepsi game 2 weeks ago against The Angels and it poured and poured. The game didnt start till 912pm because of the rain and even with that said....They had over 26000 that nite.

Hopefully this Friday against The Tigers the weather will co-operate as I plan on getting walk-up tickets for the game.

:nancy

Play it again Nancy...Na Na Na Na...Na Na Na Na...Hey Hey Hey...Goodbye.

gosox41
07-18-2004, 08:28 AM

I always hope for sellouts, but I don't see more then that Sat. game. It is unfortunate.

ALso, is Millenium Park that big of a draw? I live near there and have little desire to see one of the reasons my property taxes have sky rocketed the last couple of years.

Bob

fquaye149
07-18-2004, 10:09 AM
yeah, like payroll and the statistics of the people we can sign with an increased payroll. don't be a jackass, baseball is a business.

jabrch
07-18-2004, 10:16 AM
For those of you who are cost conscious, try the Granton Marketing coupons. For 24$ you get 4 1$ seats (uppers only) and 24 by 1, get 1 free coupons (also uppers). Its a huge bargain.

Granton can be reached at 800 775 1975

dickallen15
07-18-2004, 10:18 AM
I always hope for sellouts, but I don't see more then that Sat. game. It is unfortunate.

ALso, is Millenium Park that big of a draw? I live near there and have little desire to see one of the reasons my property taxes have sky rocketed the last couple of years.

BobBelieve it or not, Millenium Park is a big deal around the world. There are articles in England and France's newspapers. It is going to be a huge tourist destination. I am with you, some of the things look nice, but I wouldn't fly half way around to world to see them.

Cellview22
07-18-2004, 12:47 PM
Believe it or not, Millenium Park is a big deal around the world. There are articles in England and France's newspapers. It is going to be a huge tourist destination. I am with you, some of the things look nice, but I wouldn't fly half way around to world to see them.
It was also in USA Today, where my cousin in W Virginia read about it, and he wrote me and said he's coming next weekend to check it out. It's just a cool place to relax and hang out; the whole park is really impressive. My cousin also asked if the Sox were playing at home next weekend and I said yes, and 'you're coming with us'. He's really excited now. :bandance:

rwcescato
07-18-2004, 01:51 PM

I am going to Millenium Park tomorrow with my family. Then we are all going to the Sox game on Monday the 26th. I believe it will sell out. I have 14 seats for that game. There will be plenty of big crowds the rest of the year. I can't wait.
GO SOX !!
Rich

Basten
07-18-2004, 02:22 PM
Attendance/ratings = more revenue = higher payroll = more talent = success

Oh to have Randy Johnson.....

ewokpelts
07-18-2004, 02:31 PM
For those of you who are cost conscious, try the Granton Marketing coupons. For 24$ you get 4 1$ seats (uppers only) and 24 by 1, get 1 free coupons (also uppers). Its a huge bargain.

Granton can be reached at 800 775 1975
It's 29 bucks(plus shipping). Dont buy anoy of the indiviual coupns on ebay(those shysters want 5 for each coupon).I did, however, find a guy selling the whole book for 20(plus shipping). But all of his auction were of similar books(angels, brewers, and some mls teams).

On other news, there's a voucher night for friday's game. Lasalle bank(my employer) is having thier employee night then. The bank was only giving a few out, but i'm trying to get a bunch from my man inside the cell. If I do, I'l be handing out a bunch friday night, and maybe leave a few in teh bars along 35th.
Gene

doublem23
07-18-2004, 10:00 PM
I'll do my part; I'll be there on Friday.

Flight #24
07-18-2004, 10:04 PM
Honestly, if I could go one white sox game without hearing that lame ass simpsons theme song from one of those street musicians I would die a happy man.:gulp:
Blasphemy!!! The Simpsons embodies all of what is good, clean, and most importantly - hilarious about our fine country!

http://www.thesimpsons.com/bios/images/bios_townspeople_burns.gifSmithers - release the hounds.......

ChiSox1906
07-18-2004, 10:32 PM
We sound like Cub fans talking about attendance.

Sad
07-19-2004, 08:23 AM
I'm going in Sat. vs the Ti-Girls and Wed. vs Twinkies

was in town Thursday and walked right past Millenium Park
maybe Sat. I'll check it out... then again, maybe not...

jabrch
07-19-2004, 08:28 AM
Maybe I'll go Friday night - too lazy to look right now - anyone know if seats are available?

MarqSox
07-19-2004, 08:49 AM
Who cares about the attendence? There are more important numbers up on the scoreboard to worry about.Yes ... like our payroll budget, which is directly correlated to ticket sales. So let's talk about attendance!