PDA

View Full Version : List of Guys that we could use.

habibharu
07-17-2004, 08:08 PM
this is just off the top of my head: randall simon, john olerud, fred mcgriff, rob mackowiak, shea hillenbrand, palmeiro, delgado, larry walker, tony graffinino, carl everett. thoughts?

Cowch44
07-17-2004, 08:10 PM
I don't think McGriff would be too good. He really just wants the long ball.

bigfoot
07-17-2004, 08:32 PM
this is just off the top of my head: randall simon, john olerud, fred mcgriff, rob mackowiak, shea hillenbrand, palmeiro, delgado, larry walker, tony graffinino, carl everett. thoughts?
Depends HH, do we have to trade people or get them from the waiver wire? Most fall in two categories:Washed up and too expensive(for what you get). W/U-Simon, Olerud, McGriff, Everett(hurt)
T/E:Walker, Palmiero, Delgado
Graffinino, is he any better than what we have? Not!
Mack, nice price, which is why the Pirates won't deal him. Average stick with a career high in HR's, lots of S/Os, VERY ordinary in the field.
Hillenbrand,Why would DBacks move him? RJ package? At 28 why?

Aidan
07-17-2004, 09:01 PM
Randall Simon - Pass. All he can do is DH and hit singles. He is slower than Paulie on the basepads.
John Olerud - Pass. See Randall Simon.
Fred McGriff - Pass. Nearing the end of his career and is more worried about hitting 500 home runs than getting a hit.
Rob Mackowiak - Won't happen. The Pirates love him.
Shea Hillenbrand - Pass. We have Crede.
Rafael Palmeiro - Would be a good lefty DH option but I don't see it happening.
Carlos Delgado - Won't happen. His agent said he won't waive his no-trade clause. Too damn expensive anyways.
Larry Walker - Pass. Way too expensive to be a DH for us.
Tony Graffinino - Pass. Uribe is our super-sub already.
Carl Everett - I would take "Crazy Carl" as our DH in a second. He would be cheap and would not cost us much in the way of prospect(s).

Win1ForMe
07-17-2004, 09:16 PM
Tony Graffinino - Pass. Uribe is our super-sub already.I disagree because Uribe can only sub for Willie OR Valentin. Neither should play
vs LHP. I wouldn't mind Graf at all.

CanOfCorn
07-17-2004, 09:27 PM
Didn't Palmeiro pass on playing for a winner last year?

OEO Magglio
07-17-2004, 09:29 PM
Didn't Palmeiro pass on playing for a winner last year?I was just thinking the same thing. Yes he did the flubs traded for him and he invoked his no trade.

Aidan
07-17-2004, 09:36 PM
I disagree because Uribe can only sub for Willie OR Valentin. Neither should play
vs LHP. I wouldn't mind Graf at all.Graffanino is no better than Uribe...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=5590

Uribe can play 2B, SS, and 3B. He is our "new" Graffanino.

princek
07-17-2004, 09:42 PM
get frank catalanno and jason kendall

ndgt10
07-17-2004, 09:53 PM
Frank Menichino, sp??

Win1ForMe
07-17-2004, 10:14 PM
Graffanino is no better than Uribe...You obviously have no idea what I'm talking about. He doesn't need to be better
than Uribe, just better than Willie or Valentin against lefties.

DickAllen72
07-17-2004, 10:15 PM
Kendall, Javy Lopez, Guardado, Livan Hernandez, Brian Schneider, Zaun, Kenny Lofton, and of course, RJ and Beltran.

lowesox
07-17-2004, 10:20 PM
get frank catalanno and jason kendall
I, for one, have no interest in Kendall. Catalanno, though, I would take in a heartbeat.

Dadawg_77
07-17-2004, 11:06 PM
Todd Helton. I have no idea if the Rockies would trade him or what it will take, but out of players capable of replacing Frank's production he is on the crappiest team. Oh, he isn't just a Coors field freak with an OPS over 1 on the road.

Dadawg_77
07-17-2004, 11:12 PM
This year 11.5 million and contract for an avg of 15.72 till 2011 and option for in 2012, but yeah its a pipe dream but lets dream big.

OEO Magglio
07-17-2004, 11:14 PM
This year 11.5 million and contract for an avg of 15.72 till 2011 and option for in 2012, but yeah its a pipe dream but lets dream big.Yeah, I just looked up his salary and saw that, for some reason I thought it was much worse then that. I agree though Helton would be unbelievable, won't happen though.:(:

nitetrain8601
07-18-2004, 01:16 AM
Todd Helton. I have no idea if the Rockies would trade him or what it will take, but out of players capable of replacing Frank's production he is on the crappiest team. Oh, he isn't just a Coors field freak with an OPS over 1 on the road.
I heard he's available though. I heard the only guys not available in Colorado are Shawn Chacon and I think it was Jason Jennings. Hell we could get Preston Wilson if we wanted to.

Erik The Red
07-18-2004, 01:27 AM
I would love to get Catalanotto. Solid hitter, making just over 2 million, can alternate DH and RF with Mags. Only red flag is that he is on the DL, but he should be back soon. Perhaps he could be picked up at the deadline?