PDA

View Full Version : *Official* we-never-win-in-Oakland post-game PARTY thread! (July 17)

DGSWR81
07-17-2004, 06:48 PM
:supernana: Still in first place.:supernana:

PaleHoseGeorge
07-17-2004, 06:49 PM
:supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana:

cheeses_h_rice
07-17-2004, 06:51 PM
:smile::D::cool::gulp::bandance::supernana::tongue ::wink::)

That's more like it.

guillen4life13
07-17-2004, 06:51 PM
The biggest reason for my happiness on that catch is that, if Shingo misses that, he's hurt.

But the win does feel kinda good. :smile:

Cellview22
07-17-2004, 06:52 PM
And his ERA couldve been in trouble.

Finally we win in Oakland, and finally we win on national tv. Huge Win.

owensmouth
07-17-2004, 06:53 PM
Three errors and a brain poof and we still won. Davis gets a hit and we get a win... both badly overdue

Aidan
07-17-2004, 06:56 PM
Biggest positives of the game: Ben Davis with an RBI single. Joe Borchard with a walk and a single. He also hit two other balls hard. Freddy Garcia calms down after a shaky 2 run inning inning and ends up with 6 strikeouts. Our bullpen looks great!

Basten
07-17-2004, 06:57 PM
Freddy showed up today as someone making big money should. Stopped the west-coast bleeding. PItch over an error and made an early modest run support stand up. Few more efforts like this from Freddy, and I might change my mind with regard him being "overrated" away from Safeco. :bandance:

Now it's Loaiza's turn. Simple as that.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-17-2004, 07:00 PM
We need another Twins troll to come here and tell us picking up Freddy Garcia was a big mistake. Or maybe a Russian judge to deduct 1/2 point for lack of style in this victory?

:bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

OEO Magglio
07-17-2004, 07:02 PM
Freddy was flat out awesome today. That was a nice fakeout by ozzie today, pretending to bring in shingo. Speaking of shingo can we get rid of this guy, he gave up a hit today.

Aidan
07-17-2004, 07:04 PM
Freddy was flat out awesome today. That was a nice fakeout by ozzie today, pretending to bring in shingo. Speaking of shingo can we get rid of this guy, he gave up a hit today.I'm not so sure that was a fakeout. I think Ozzie forgot that the lefty-lefty matchup of Marte vs. Hatteberg was better than the righty-lefty matchup of Shingo vs. Hatteberg. :tongue: Macha was pissed regardless.

Jjav829
07-17-2004, 07:04 PM
We need another Twins troll to come here and tell us picking up Freddy Garcia was a big mistake. Or maybe a Russian judge to deduct 1/2 point for lack of style in this victory?

Yeah, that makes Freddy 3-1 with us since coming over. O but his 4-7 record with a horrible offensive team in Seattle means hes a bad pitcher. :rolleyes:

OEO Magglio
07-17-2004, 07:05 PM
I'm not so sure that was a fakeout. I think Ozzie forgot that the lefty-lefty matchup of Marte vs. Hatteberg was better than the righty-lefty matchup of Shingo vs. Hatteberg. :tongue: Macha was pissed regardless.I honestly don't know what the heck he was doing, he wiggled his fingers but it didn't really look like he called for him. If anything he definitely faked shingo out.

Nick@Nite
07-17-2004, 07:06 PM
:supernana: Still in first place.:supernana:
I'll drink to that! :gulp:

:)

Aidan
07-17-2004, 07:07 PM
I honestly don't know what the heck he was doing, he wiggled his fingers but it didn't really look like he called for him. If anything he definitely faked shingo out.Yeah, Shingo started running toward the mound. :tongue:

dcb33
07-17-2004, 07:08 PM
Freddy showed up today as someone making big money should. Stopped the west-coast bleeding. PItch over an error and made an early modest run support stand up. Few more efforts like this from Freddy, and I might change my mind with regard him being "overrated" away from Safeco. :bandance:

Now it's Loaiza's turn. Simple as that.

There were a lot of deep fly balls Oakland players hit that would've been bombs at the Cell though... NOT to take anything away from Garcia's stellar outing though...:bandance: :bandance: :gulp:

Someone needs to write FOX and tell them to cut all the features and flashbacks and interviews and other crap in the middle of innings... they missed both Lee and Rowand's homers....

BigEdWalsh
07-17-2004, 07:12 PM
Excellant work, Shingo! You have brought me much happiness today. :D:

:supernana: :bandance: :supernana:

jabrch
07-17-2004, 07:14 PM
Yeah, that makes Freddy 3-1 with us since coming over. O but his 4-7 record with a horrible offensive team in Seattle means hes a bad pitcher. :rolleyes:
He must suck - KW got him. I think the ratio of his ankle to armpits is too low for some. (mopes - all of em)

This guy is an effective pitcher. He goes more than 6 innings and gives up fewer than 4 runs almost every time out there. He's gonna win a lot of games for this team if he keeps performing like this. Great move by KW. I'll miss Reed and Olivo - but I am thrilled to have Garcia for the pennant run this year - and three more years.

Aidan
07-17-2004, 07:17 PM
There were a lot of deep fly balls Oakland players hit that would've been bombs at the Cell though... NOT to take anything away from Garcia's stellar outing though...:bandance: :bandance: :gulp:

Someone needs to write FOX and tell them to cut all the features and flashbacks and interviews and other crap in the middle of innings... they missed both Lee and Rowand's homers....Well, they had to show "Psycho" Steve Lyons pulling down his pants at 1st base for the White Sox for the 96th time. :rolleyes:

hose
07-17-2004, 07:26 PM

ROFLOL :roflmao:

South Side
07-17-2004, 07:30 PM

Someone needs to write FOX and tell them to cut all the features and flashbacks and interviews and other crap in the middle of innings... they missed both Lee and Rowand's homers....
Oh no, I liked that because the reason they missed Rowand's homer was because they were showing him complaining to Walker about why he wasn't hitting. :D:

kcsportscaster
07-17-2004, 08:25 PM
Finally, a win in Oakland!!!! After only seeing highlights because our market got the Reds 7-5 win over the Cardinals, Garcia had another solid outing. Also, the offense finally showed up in Oakland with those home runs by Rowand, El Caballo, and Paulie, OH YEAH!!!! I see from some of the other posts that False, err, Fox, blew it again with their extra junk instead of showing the homers by Rowand and C-Lee. What in the freakin' hell is their obsession with "Scooter the Talking Baseball," "fan cam," and their other dreck????:angry: We had to endure "Scooter" once during the Reds/Cardinals game, and it was the Kenny Albert game!!!! See my post-All-Star Game "Fox Sucks" thread in Talking Baseball for more. DA SOX needed that one today in the worst way after the Twinkies won. As for Sunday, Loaiza needs to hunker down and give DA SOX a much better effort than he has been giving in order to gain a split, and at least survive "The Black Hole."

Basten
07-17-2004, 08:33 PM
There were a lot of deep fly balls Oakland players hit that would've been bombs at the Cell though
Actually during day time, the ball carries in Colliseum as it does at USCF. Those 385 feet FO to CF would be 385 FO at USCF.

Freddy gave up 2 hits, one of them a weak grounder up the middle. The other shouldn't even have come to the plate if it weren't for a careless transfer by Manos Mustachio.

I'd say Freddy did just fine.

owensmouth
07-17-2004, 09:19 PM
Actually during day time, the ball carries in Colliseum as it does at USCF. Those 385 feet FO to CF would be 385 FO at USCF.

Freddy gave up 2 hits, one of them a weak grounder up the middle. The other shouldn't even have come to the plate if it weren't for a careless transfer by Manos Mustachio.

I'd say Freddy did just fine. He also walked several to get into that trouble.

flo-B-flo
07-17-2004, 09:20 PM
Garcia threw just fine. Got some timely hitting. And Shingos' not dead.:wink: Now go get another one tomorrow.GO-GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :gulp: :tongue: :D: :)And Minnie M got a victor award on some show on FSN.

flo-B-flo
07-17-2004, 09:21 PM
He also walked several to get into that trouble. Two walks around an error by Valentin

Aidan
07-17-2004, 09:25 PM
Two walks around an error by ValentinYeah, Valentin's error allowed an infield single. It should have been 2 outs with a runner on 3rd, not 1 out with runners at the corners.

Cowch44
07-17-2004, 09:31 PM
Two walks around an error by Valentin
TWO! That almost doubles his total for the Sox! OUTRAGEOUS!

bigfoot
07-17-2004, 09:58 PM
Oh no, I liked that because the reason they missed Rowand's homer was because they were showing him complaining to Walker about why he wasn't hitting. :D:Your on the $ here SS,
Walker made A/Row think like a hitter, I doubt that this was the first time A/Row's been told to look a few pitches. Young Bull/Old Bull story comes to mind. Maybe A/Row will think a bit when batting. C/Lee does better when he waits, too.

Frankfan4life
07-17-2004, 10:35 PM

I'd say Freddy did just fine.MANOS MUSTACHIO??? That's funny! I almost needed a paramedic I laughed so hard. Give me a warning next time.

Lip Man 1
07-17-2004, 11:08 PM
I don't know what's more impressive today.
Getting a win in Oakland...

or scoring five whole runs!

Lip

PaleHoseGeorge
07-17-2004, 11:36 PM
I don't know what's more impressive today.
Getting a win in Oakland...

or scoring five whole runs!

Lip Here are some fun facts to ponder.

Over the last nine innings the 2004 Sox have scored 5 runs while holding their opposition to just 2.

The 2004 Sox are a perfect 67-0 when outscoring their opponents by 1 or more run.

Playing in a ballpark that is by far the hardest for the team to win in, the 2004 Sox have chopped another 3 games off the schedule while not relinquishing a single thing to their closest rival, the Twins, themselves facing the doormat of the A.L. Central in their home park.

Please find us a few more dark linings in that silver cloud, Lip. We're all in danger of becoming Cubs fans without your help!
:wink:

samram
07-17-2004, 11:46 PM
Here are some fun facts to ponder.
Playing in a ballpark that is by far the hardest for the team to win in, the 2004 Sox have chopped another 3 games off the schedule while not relinquishing a single thing to their closest rival, the Twins, themselves facing the doormat of the A.L. Central in their home park.
Good point. Eventually the Twins gotta play the good teams. The unbalanced schedule doesn't mean one team plays the Royals every day.

OEO Magglio
07-17-2004, 11:48 PM
[QUOTE=PaleHoseGeorge]Here are some fun facts to ponder.
The 2004 Sox are a perfect 67-0 when outscoring their opponents by 1 or more run.

It's 47-0. But all the rest of your stats, I must agree with.:D:

Aidan
07-18-2004, 12:08 AM
A win on the West Coast is sweeter than a pint of Guinness! :gulp:

Jerko
07-18-2004, 12:22 AM
Nice unis by the A's today. It seems like when they wore those regularly was the time the Sox beat them out there!

WSox8404
07-18-2004, 12:40 AM
Well I just hope we win tomorrow. If we can split I will be tickled. So here is to tomorrow......:gulp:

pearso66
07-18-2004, 12:53 AM

Over the last nine innings the 2004 Sox have scored 5 runs while holding their opposition to just 2.

Please find us a few more dark linings in that silver cloud, Lip. We're all in danger of becoming Cubs fans without your help!
I read your 67-0 stat, and thought, Damn thats pretty impressive, until I looked again and saw "outscored" boy do I feel dumb :redface:

jabrch
07-18-2004, 01:40 AM

PHG - YOU SIR - are the best. The absolute funniest and bestest.

LIP - I hope life out there is better than you make it sound on this board. Someday I hope to meet you in person and find that you are not nearly as morbid and tragic as it seems you are on WSI.

jabrch
07-18-2004, 01:42 AM
I read your 67-0 stat, and thought, Damn thats pretty impressive, until I looked again and saw "outscored" boy do I feel dumb :redface:
Don't feel dumb - feel proud. Look at the club KW and JR have assembled. 67-0 when they outscore their opponents by 1 run or more. That's damn impressive! Can you think of a team with a higher winning % than that when outscoring their opponents?

Lip Man 1
07-18-2004, 02:48 PM
My oh my...my good friend George has become 'testy...' all of a sudden.

Well here's another one PHG, in the win the Sox had all of six hits. That means in their last five games they have a grand total of 25.

That's five hits a game George. It speaks well of them that with the offense going South, they could actually win three of those five games.

I'm not implying anything, some of you are the ones doing that, and did so when I made that post about the combined totals of hits and runs for what was then three games. I'm just stating the figures.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Lip