PDA

View Full Version : Explain, why Ben Davis?

joeynach
07-17-2004, 04:35 PM
I dont get it. Why does Oz always have Davis catch Freddy. Davis stinks, this like the Maddux and Bako thing. But i dont get it. Davis didnt actually catch Freddy in Seattle becasue he spent most of his time in AAA. Borders or Wilson caught Freddy 90% of the time in Seattle. So why let Ben davis even play on this team at all, he belongs in AAA. Did freddy request this or something, but dont see how since he never caught him to begin with.

dickallen15
07-17-2004, 04:36 PM
I dont get it. Why does Oz always have Davis catch Freddy. Davis stinks, this like the Maddux and Bako thing. But i dont get it. Davis didnt actually catch Freddy in Seattle becasue he spent most of his time in AAA. Borders or Wilson caught Freddy 90% of the time in Seattle. So why let Ben davis even play on this team at all, he belongs in AAA. Did freddy request this or something, but dont see how since he never caught him to begin with.
Because when Ben comes up in the 2nd inning, he is going to single home Borchard.:D:

munchman33
07-17-2004, 04:36 PM
2-out RBI single. That's why.

Dub25
07-17-2004, 04:50 PM
Something tells me he was way overdue to get a hit.

munchman33
07-17-2004, 04:51 PM
Something tells me he was way overdue to get a hit.
Well, I hope he's always "due" for a hit with two outs and runners in scoring position.

jabrch
07-17-2004, 04:54 PM
He's on the roster for some reason - it must be because people that see him more than we do and have better baseball eyes for talent than we do, think he is the best option we have to spell Alomar - or at least that he is no worse than Burke.

joeynach
07-17-2004, 04:55 PM
Because when Ben comes up in the 2nd inning, he is going to single home Borchard.:D:
Haha, i know as i was writing the thread he singled home a run, nust be fluke. However, you have yet to answer my question....DICK!!

nasox
07-17-2004, 05:57 PM
Because Ben knows Freddy inside and out. As simple as that.

JRIG
07-17-2004, 06:03 PM
Because our other options are Jamie Burke and Sandy Alomar?

StillMissOzzie
07-17-2004, 06:07 PM
Because he hustled on what should have been a tailor-made double play, putting him on first for Rowand's 2-run HR!

SMO
:D:

Tragg
07-17-2004, 07:04 PM
I dont get it. Why does Oz always have Davis catch Freddy. Davis stinks, this like the Maddux and Bako thing. So why let Ben davis even play on this team at all, he belongs in AAA.
Because we don't have a catcher who doesn't stink.

owensmouth
07-17-2004, 07:11 PM
Maybe because we can't win there with anybody else

soxtalker
07-17-2004, 07:41 PM
Because he hustled on what should have been a tailor-made double play, putting him on first for Rowand's 2-run HR!

SMO
:D:
Didn't see or hear the game, but that is great news! Hopefully, they can do something to turn around his swing. It sounds like his defense and ability to call games aren't too bad.

Terminated
07-17-2004, 07:55 PM
Ben Davis had a RBI today, what else do you want from him? :tongue:

AnkleSox
07-17-2004, 08:37 PM
Also remember that when the sox play west coast teams, Davis probably knows them a little better than the other catchers on the team.

owensmouth
07-17-2004, 09:15 PM
Ben Davis had a RBI today, what else do you want from him? :tongue:

Another

Cowch44
07-17-2004, 09:23 PM
Let's play him again tomorrow!
This might actually be an okay idea.

bigfoot
07-17-2004, 09:38 PM
And, maybe, Sandy A is just about done. One game a week, at best. My guess, his knees are done squatting, he gets run on, at will. He will be good to help call the game for the other catchers. Another bench coach, and cheap, 6-700k.

duke of dorwood
07-17-2004, 10:00 PM
I'd like to see what he can do playing semi-regular-

OEO Magglio
07-17-2004, 10:19 PM
I'd like to see what he can do playing semi-regular-Me too. Mine as well give him a shot to play several days a week and see what happens.

harwar
07-17-2004, 10:32 PM
And, maybe, Sandy A is just about done. One game a week, at best. My guess, his knees are done squatting, he gets run on, at will. He will be good to help call the game for the other catchers. Another bench coach, and cheap, 6-700k.
yea,i think he was here mainly to groom Olivo.Sandy is very smart and baseball savy and i wouldn't be surprised to see him managing in the near future.

gobears1987
07-18-2004, 01:14 AM
The Sox will keep him as a coach when his playing years are over. Davis was played as he is the only catcher who knows Garcia's zones.

I don't think he is a bad catcher, he was good before going to Seattle, I think the coaches there ****ed him up. Lets see what Sox coaches can do