PDA

View Full Version : will we win any in OAK?

soxwon
07-17-2004, 02:36 PM
do we have a shot even to win 1 game let alone 2?
this is just terrible, kc wont continue beating minn.
we must win one which game will it be?

soxwon
07-17-2004, 02:38 PM
case in point minn leads kc 4-1 top of 9

so tonights a MUST WIN.

samram
I would suggest they win today, because I don't like the ELo-Mulder matchup so much.

TomParrish79
Well if we want to stay in first place, we better get the job done today. The Twins are beating the Royals right now going into the 9th.

But as your question goes, if we dont hit the ball better than we have in the first two games, I dont think we will get close to a win in this series.

munchman33
07-17-2004, 03:21 PM
Today is our best chance to win. We have Freddy on the mound, and are facing Redmond, who's got an era over 11 in his last three starts.

doublem23
07-17-2004, 03:30 PM
case in point minn leads kc 4-1 top of 9

so tonights a MUST WIN.Yes, a half-game deficit on July 17 is insurmountable.

:rolleyes:

Everybody really needs to calm down.

munchman33
07-17-2004, 03:35 PM
Yes, a half-game deficit on July 17 is insurmountable.

:rolleyes:

Everybody really needs to calm down.
I agree. Honestly, if we were 5 out heading into August, I'd still feel we're in a real good position. Our schedule is easy sailing from then on, while the Twin's is not.

jabrch
07-17-2004, 03:59 PM
The panic here makes me laugh. It really really does.

I dont know what is funnier sometimes

A) The panick after any loss, or string of losses

B) The armchair GMs who all know KW sucks, is stupid, is a poor GM and have much better ideas of how to manage a major league franchise

C) The JR haters

D) The FO(insert letters here) who will defend a particular player/manager/owner regardless of what he does

E) The Dispute Resolution Method for PTC arguements

Really guys - its a long season - take a qualude and enjoy the first place team for a while. If we lose today - then enjoy the second place team for a while. This is baseball - not life or death.

flo-B-flo
07-17-2004, 04:00 PM
do we have a shot even to win 1 game let alone 2?
this is just terrible, kc wont continue beating minn.
we must win one which game will it be? I believe they'll win today.:wink:

jabrch
07-17-2004, 06:11 PM
I believe they'll win today.:wink:
Me too!!!!

Fisk72
07-17-2004, 06:19 PM
Me too!!!!
I'll bet my life savings they win today, as well!

:D: :D: :D:

PaleHoseGeorge
07-17-2004, 06:31 PM
It's nice to have threads like this around to remind everyone how depressoid many of us become after even one lousy defeat.
:cool:

162 games... nobody has ever even come close to winning them all... and GASP! Even the '27 Yankees looked bad in some of their defeats!

Say it ain't so!!!
:bandance:

Terminated
07-17-2004, 06:59 PM
I have a feeling Oakland has a shot at getting another win from us today.

Dub25
07-17-2004, 07:04 PM
I think the Sox win today 5-2 with Shingo getting another save.

Aidan
07-17-2004, 07:07 PM
I think the Sox win today 5-2 with Shingo getting another save.I'm not so sure Ozzie is going to go with Shingo, he may stick with Marte. Oh wait, here comes Shingo. :tongue:

Terminated
07-17-2004, 07:12 PM
I'm not so sure Ozzie is going to go with Shingo, he may stick with Marte. Oh wait, here comes Shingo. :tongue:
Wrong!

It turns out Ozzie didnít really call Shingo so Marte stays in the game :o:

bigfoot
07-17-2004, 08:10 PM
It's nice to have threads like this around to remind everyone how depressoid many of us become after even one lousy defeat.
:cool:

162 games... nobody has ever even come close to winning them all... and GASP! Even the '27 Yankees looked bad in some of their defeats!

Say it ain't so!!!
:bandance:
PHG, You are all over this one! Are all these young one's so enamored with instant gratification that one loss has 'em jumping off buildings? If so, any way to insure their lives? Or do we have to adopt 'em first? Come back from this long road trip .500 or better, call it a victory. If not, but still in first, a victory. The best lose 4 of 10, get used to it. This isn't the NBA, NFL, there's no clock, if the Bears were down by 4 TDs with 12 min to go, everyone would leave. If the Sox are down 4 run with 2 innings to go, who would leave? Ok, Cobz fans, when they stopped serving beer. Relax, enjoy, come back tomorrow.

pearso66
07-18-2004, 12:55 AM
The panic here makes me laugh. It really really does.

I dont know what is funnier sometimes

A) The panick after any loss, or string of losses

B) The armchair GMs who all know KW sucks, is stupid, is a poor GM and have much better ideas of how to manage a major league franchise

C) The JR haters

D) The FO(insert letters here) who will defend a particular player/manager/owner regardless of what he does

E) The Dispute Resolution Method for PTC arguements

Really guys - its a long season - take a qualude and enjoy the first place team for a while. If we lose today - then enjoy the second place team for a while. This is baseball - not life or death.
You forgot
F) HO? (Haters of... enter name here) Guys who no matter how the rest of the team does, if this guy doesnt succeed, he shoudl be traded, see HOJB and HOJG (Borchard and Garland for those who need it)

jabrch
07-18-2004, 10:07 AM
You forgot
F) HO? (Haters of... enter name here) Guys who no matter how the rest of the team does, if this guy doesnt succeed, he shoudl be traded, see HOJB and HOJG (Borchard and Garland for those who need it)
Good point - The HOs are more sad than funny - needing to tear down our players just so they can say "I told you so" But you are right - they surely are part of the landscape here.