PDA

View Full Version : Time to rethink our batting order

jamteh
07-17-2004, 11:01 AM
Our lineup isn't clicking right now, and one of the biggest reasons IMO is that Uribe and Harris are slumping. Here's my suggestion.

Let's lead off with Aaron Rowand. He's not the speediest guy around, but he's seeing a lot of pitches right now and he's a good base stealer.

Batting second should be Carlos Lee. He's hitting well and he should get some pitches to hit in front of Magglio.

Magglio still bats third.

Bat Konerko fourth as he's the biggest home-run threat we have right now, and perhaps Maggs will get some more fastballs with Konerko batting behind him.

Bat Jose fifth, Borchard sixth, Crede seventh, catcher spot eighth and Uribe or Harris ninth.

I think we need some speed at the end of our lineup. Right now we're way too slow at the end of our order, and Uribe and Harris aren't hitting anyway. Perhaps moving them to the bottom will help them adjust their thought process as well.

I always liked when Ozzie batted ninth and Lance Johnson batted first. It gave us two speedy/contact guys batting back-to-back in the second or third inning.

Any thoughts?

guillen4life13
07-17-2004, 11:28 AM
Our lineup isn't clicking right now, and one of the biggest reasons IMO is that Uribe and Harris are slumping. Here's my suggestion.

Let's lead off with Aaron Rowand. He's not the speediest guy around, but he's seeing a lot of pitches right now and he's a good base stealer.

Batting second should be Carlos Lee. He's hitting well and he should get some pitches to hit in front of Magglio.

Bat Konerko fourth as he's the biggest home-run threat we have right now, and perhaps Maggs will get some more fastballs with Konerko batting behind him.

Bat Jose fifth, Borchard sixth, Crede seventh, catcher spot eighth and Uribe or Harris ninth.

I think we need some speed at the end of our lineup. Right now we're way too slow at the end of our order, and Uribe and Harris aren't hitting anyway. Perhaps moving them to the bottom will help them adjust their thought process as well.

I always liked when Ozzie batted ninth and Lance Johnson batted first. It gave us two speedy/contact guys batting back-to-back in the second or third inning.

Any thoughts?
Yeah. Great idea.

:supernana:

harwar
07-17-2004, 11:35 AM
I always liked when Ozzie batted ninth and Lance Johnson batted first. It gave us two speedy/contact guys batting back-to-back in the second or third inning.We could sure use those 2 guys now.
Also,that lineup looks really familiar,i think it was used it at least once(save borchard).
I believe it worked at first,then tailed off.

jamteh
07-17-2004, 11:39 AM
I don't recall seeing this particular lineup, but you could be right.

JB98
07-17-2004, 12:50 PM

Any thoughts?
Some good ideas here. The only thing I'd suggest differently is putting Crede sixth and Borchard seventh. I don't like putting guys who can swing left-handed back-to-back. It makes it easier for the opposing manager to bring in a lefty to face Jose late in games.

samram
07-17-2004, 02:51 PM

Any thoughts?
I like it. Just the thought of having baserunners on for Maggs and Paulie is enought to make me like this order. I hate it when almost every first inning Maggs hits with no one on and two out. CLee at least seems to get a hit here or there, which is more than can be said for Uribe or Harris right now. Harris's strong suit right now seems to be striking out looking to lead off the game.

Basten
07-17-2004, 03:26 PM

Any thoughts?Harris/Rowand (vs. RHP and LHP respectively)
Lee
Maggs
Valentin (vs RHP)
Kong
Crede/Uribe (LHP/RHP)
Borchard
Timo
Alomar

Either way, if Lee-Ordonez-Valentin-Konerko don't start earning their slaries and then some, this 'O' will suck against good pitching.

Frater Perdurabo
07-17-2004, 03:30 PM
Some good ideas here. The only thing I'd suggest differently is putting Crede sixth and Borchard seventh. I don't like putting guys who can swing left-handed back-to-back. It makes it easier for the opposing manager to bring in a lefty to face Jose late in games.
Yes. Until the Sox trade for Kendall or Finley, that is. :smile:

hawkjt
07-17-2004, 03:52 PM
Ozzie must have read your thread- Aaron is leading off with Jose second and Uribe 8th. Lets hope it works.

jabrch
07-17-2004, 03:54 PM
Yes. Until the Sox trade for Kendall or Finley, that is. :smile:
I read that Finley, a SD native, said that he wouldn't go anywhere other than SD or AZ.