PDA

View Full Version : Chip Caray

JohnBasedowYoda
07-17-2004, 10:26 AM
I just wanted to start a thread were people can post some of the lame and idiotic things this nozzle has said.

"Looks like we have ourselves a gully-washer"

"OK maddux needs to have himself a nice crisp game"

"Clement just had a neat outing"

The worlds lamest human being

RKMeibalane
07-17-2004, 01:06 PM
:chimp

"Swung on and belted... deep to left... but Joe Crede is there to haul it in. Man, I thought Sammy got enough of it!"

CubKilla
07-17-2004, 01:14 PM
"Gloved, grabbed, gunned, GONE!"

"If there's any justice in the world, Sammy will hit a HR right here!"

"Everyone here is SD is on their feet. They paid to see Sammy hit a HR tonight!" (This was uttered just before Soso struck out to end the game in the top of the 9th in SD a few years back. Funny thing is, the fans didn't boo after ShamME fanned.) :?:

"They gone."

StillMissOzzie
07-17-2004, 04:01 PM

"Leather Larceny!"
"I wish I was 1% as cool as Hawk"

bennyw41
07-17-2004, 06:21 PM
"When the Cubs hit home runs, they usually score runs"

Terminated
07-17-2004, 08:06 PM
“A long ball from Sammy will put the Cubs 3 runs away for the win.”

kcsportscaster
07-17-2004, 11:14 PM
LOL!!!! As I said before, don't even think about getting me started on Chip Caray!!!! What a buffoon!!!! The idiotic statement I remember from earlier this season was early in the Memorial Day game when Lance Berkman of the Astros was called out at first on a ground ball to either second or short, and he and then manager Jimy Williams were arguing the call. Chip blurted out, "Throw him out of the game." That had me screaming at the T-V at him so much that when ESPN2 finally switched to the Astros/Flubs game that day after the marathon blowout between the Orioles and Red Sox ended, I switched away from WGN to ESPN2:angry:. Also, does anybody have anything new on his contract situation? Pray to God that Chip is let go after this season!!!!

Harris=God
07-17-2004, 11:30 PM
THis is not a joke!!!

The dumbest thing this jag bag has ever said was last year when the scrubs just got ramirez from pitt. he said that "Ron Santo should help Arimis with his footwork." What a moron!!!

LongLiveFisk
07-17-2004, 11:56 PM

"And Texas, leading the league in blown SLAVES....."

No, this is not a typo. :?:

WSox8404
07-18-2004, 12:44 AM
"And there is a hard hit ground ball into left field." The only problem was the ball was hit into right field.

daveeym
It’s almost impossible in this day and age to come back in the ninth inning against a closer. And the Cubs have now done it twice this week. Chip Caray.

a few seconds later

And you’ve seen what’s been the big problem for the A’s. They’ve blown 14 saves this year after today. Steve Stone

WSox8404
Oh, and who could forget the "rule book double."

RichFitztightly
07-18-2004, 11:34 PM
I can't defend some of the stupid things he says as a broadcaster, but I have to say he's a genuinely nice guy and a class act. A couple years ago, my college sports show went to the Cubs convention to get interviews. Absolutely nobody would sit with us or even give us a minute of their time. Then Chip Caray came over and he talked with us for over 2 hours. He is a really good guy and I appreciate the time he took to be interviewed for our show. That was really cool of him.

TornLabrum
07-19-2004, 12:16 AM
I can't defend some of the stupid things he says as a broadcaster, but I have to say he's a genuinely nice guy and a class act. A couple years ago, my college sports show went to the Cubs convention to get interviews. Absolutely nobody would sit with us or even give us a minute of their time. Then Chip Caray came over and he talked with us for over 2 hours. He is a really good guy and I appreciate the time he took to be interviewed for our show. That was really cool of him.
When I've heard Caray talk on The Score, he's actually sounded like he knows a little bit about baseball. This makes me think that he's been told by Cubs management to dumb down his PBP for the fans.

Kogs35
07-19-2004, 12:20 AM
When I've heard Caray talk on The Score, he's actually sounded like he knows a little bit about baseball. This makes me think that he's been told by Cubs management to dumb down his PBP for the fans.
he was on dan patrick sometime ago and sounded totally different than when he does on cubs broadcasts.

SoxFan76
07-19-2004, 12:21 AM
he was on dan patrick sometime ago and sounded totally different than when he does on cubs broadcasts.
The dull cocky tone of voice is what bugs me most about him on the Cubs broadcasts.

bigfoot
07-19-2004, 12:38 AM
Maybe he can follow a script, but when the game has a strange turn, he has a bit of a problem coming up with a clever quip. At least a good clever quip. But we shouldn't misunderestimate Chimp, as soon as he's old enough, he's running for Goat Catcher!

Kogs35
07-19-2004, 12:51 AM
Maybe he can follow a script, but when the game has a strange turn, he has a bit of a problem coming up with a clever quip. At least a good clever quip. But we shouldn't misunderestimate Chimp, as soon as he's old enough, he's running for Goat Catcher!
i understand i was just shocked that he actually talked normal thats all im trying to get at people.

JB98
07-19-2004, 01:34 AM
The dull cocky tone of voice is what bugs me most about him on the Cubs broadcasts.
The other day, Chip said the Cubs were "one of the most overlooked stories nationally" in baseball. He went on to praise the team's performance as miraculous for being eight games over .500 despite injuries.

Yeah, the Cubs get no respect from the national press. That's why they are ranked #3 in the Sportsline power rankings despite being eight games out of first. Ridiculous.

TornLabrum
07-19-2004, 08:50 AM
The other day, Chip said the Cubs were "one of the most overlooked stories nationally" in baseball. He went on to praise the team's performance as miraculous for being eight games over .500 despite injuries.

Yeah, the Cubs get no respect from the national press. That's why they are ranked #3 in the Sportsline power rankings despite being eight games out of first. Ridiculous.
That's why I say maybe the Tribune Co. makes him say this stuff.

bennyw41
07-19-2004, 01:37 PM
I just wanted to start a thread were people can post some of the lame and idiotic things this nozzle has said.

"Looks like we have ourselves a gully-washer"

"OK maddux needs to have himself a nice crisp game"

"Clement just had a neat outing"

The worlds lamest human being
What happened to the "Good Fight?" :dtroll:

nlentz88
07-19-2004, 05:15 PM
"Maddux delivers. A pitch out and the runner takes off from first! Bako's throw to second... and the runner is out on a force!"

I'm paraphrasing here since Chippy's complex verbiage does not adhere well to my neural network, but I do in fact recall him saying the runner was out on a force when in fact he was thrown out stealing. Quite an odd mistake to make, IMHO.