PDA

View Full Version : "The Heckler" editor was on CBS 2 News this morning (7/17)

hsnterprize
07-17-2004, 09:06 AM
I wasn't able to hear this interview, as I was at my radio station doing news reports. However, the editor of "The Heckler" a Cubs' parody newspaper, was interviewed by anchors Jim Williams and Alita Guillen. Even though the sound was muted, I could tell the anchors were asking about headlines like "Sox sign Woo-Woo", and some commentary ripping Sox fans. Can anyone who may have watched the show outline the interview, and anything ear-catching we Sox fans can fume over?

I read something about this guy in the Sun-Times...I think Telander interviewed him. The editor said (in a joke of course) that the Sox could make a version of the paper with all the typical Cubbie stereotypes (i.e., yuppies, drunks at the ballpark who don't pay attention to the game, etc.), but "it wouldn't be well proofed."

The Critic
07-17-2004, 09:11 AM
I'm not just saying this because it's a Cubbie-fan's paper, but I grabbed a copy of the Heckler during the Sox/Cub series at Wrigley and his paper just isn't that funny.
It's full of the typical "jokes" all Cub fans make about the Sox - nobody goes to games, white trash fans, 1919 Series, all easy cheap jokes that take no thought whatsoever.
It makes The Blue Line seem like The Onion by comparison.

Mickster
07-17-2004, 09:58 AM
It makes The Blue Line seem like The Onion by comparison.
Ahhh........The Blue Line. I really miss it! :angry:

CubKilla
07-17-2004, 12:09 PM
Ahhh........The Blue Line. I really miss it! :angry:
"Dollar" Bill didn't like Hawk fans having the truth about him and his joke of a franchise so readily available on a daily basis.

Mickster
07-17-2004, 01:36 PM
"Dollar" Bill didn't like Hawk fans having the truth about him and his joke of a franchise so readily available on a daily basis.
Here is the link from Mark Weinberg who was the creator of the Blue Line. LINK (http://www.careermisconduct.com/)

Interesting stuff here...

Hangar18
07-17-2004, 01:58 PM
aaahhhhhhhhhh, another cub fan doing something Unoriginal in the name of riding on the Summer-of-Cub-Propaganda-Fest. Isnt it funny how EVERYONE and their MOTHER are coming out with something like this, whether that dork that made up that Cartoon and sent it out over the Email comparing Sox Fans to Cub Fans (including the scene depicting a SoxFan getting shot over a ball-Notice how that QUICKLY DISAPPEARED, the Media has no way to defense that) or that self-promoting-has-been-actor Joe Mantegna SUDDENLY reviving his BleacherBums play ............and it getting MORE ATTENTION than it ever did.
The Media just cannot wait to promote anything Cub-Related, so that they wont have to do any REAL journalistic news, instead peddle more cubfluff.
YES, I saw that paper, and saw the people selling them. I read a bit of it,
and it was just totally NOT FUNNY. It was Unoriginal (using the same jokes, for instance, that SOX fans have traditionally used against the cubs, but reversing the situations) Poorly Laid Out, and basically, just your typical
Garbage-scooped-out-of-Dumpster-and-Cub-logo-slapped-on-it knowing The Foolish Sheep-like Fans will buy it. And Knowing the MEDIA will sell it for them FREE, just because .......
Anyone Note how Goose Island, the local brewery turned Cub-Friendly-Brewery recently "Introduced" a Goat Head Ale? Many media types are tripping and falling over themselves to report on it, and G.I. even plays on
cub fans stupidity by saying "buy the beer, bury the goat". Those people
fall for anything

JohnJeter
07-17-2004, 07:04 PM
He actually makes more fun of the Cubs' underachievers than he does the Sox. Went after Estes, Alf last year. Even though I'm a Sox fan, the "Million Mullet March" thing he did last year was mildly amusing.

That being said, just how many Onion ripoffs are we going to see online? There are a ton of them already.

WSox8404
07-17-2004, 11:48 PM
Hey guys, don't forget to save your Marlboro Miles and Camel Cash for the free tickets.

hsnterprize
07-18-2004, 12:55 PM
Hey guys, don't forget to save your Marlboro Miles and Camel Cash for the free tickets. Yeah...and don't forget to show up at U.S. Cellular Field for "Mullet and Tattoo Night"...the first 10,000 fans to the ballpark wearing either a mullet or tattoo, or something depicting "white trash" gets a free gift certicificate good for a free carton of cheap cigarettes and a deed towards a new trailer.

That "white trash" thing won't work too well with me unless I go to the same make up artists who turned Marlon and Shawn Wayans into white women, so guess I'm screwed.

TommyJohn
07-19-2004, 05:20 AM
Yeah...and don't forget to show up at U.S. Cellular Field for "Mullet and Tattoo Night"...the first 10,000 fans to the ballpark wearing either a mullet or tattoo, or something depicting "white trash" gets a free gift certicificate good for a free carton of cheap cigarettes and a deed towards a new trailer.

That "white trash" thing won't work too well with me unless I go to the same make up artists who turned Marlon and Shawn Wayans into white women, so guess I'm screwed.
Just make sure if you do get made up that you're not caught in a similar situation. I heard that that movie is godawful.

Jerko
07-19-2004, 10:15 AM
The Heckler = White Sox alternate game programming by pressing SAP button. Both are garbage.