PDA

View Full Version : middle relief help

Mohoney
07-17-2004, 01:09 AM
If we pull off a move to bolster middle relief, who should we target?

I think Hasegawa could be a nice fit with Shingo already here. Maybe Kerry Lightenberg could add to a stretch run.

Both of these guys would cost us next to nothing, so picking up one won't hamper our ability to make another deal.

The list of available names at middle relief looks somewhat depleted this year, but maybe we can find someone serviceable.

mcfish
07-17-2004, 01:13 AM
If they cost next to nothing, would their respective clubs be willing to part with them? Don't most of the trades of this nature happen to unload payroll?

Mohoney
07-17-2004, 01:22 AM
If they cost next to nothing, would their respective clubs be willing to part with them? Don't most of the trades of this nature happen to unload payroll?

Seattle is in full salary purge mode, fish. I would think that Hasegawa would be a target of their dump.

If they can just flat-out designate guys like Olerud and Aurilia for assignment and risk getting NOTHING for them, I think that they would jump at the chance to get even marginal prospects for Hasegawa.

Mohoney
07-17-2004, 01:24 AM

Sorry. I think I need to clarify. I meant "next to nothing" in terms of prospects, not payroll. Sorry for the confusion.

mcfish
07-17-2004, 02:43 AM
Sorry. I think I need to clarify. I meant "next to nothing" in terms of prospects, not payroll. Sorry for the confusion.
Ah, I see. And for the record, yes I think that any help in the pen would be a welcome addition to the club. I don't know how long we can survive using just Marte, Shingo, and occasionally Politte. It sure would be nice to have someone else out there who isn't totally useless. Jackson is awful, Cotts has been terrible since the end of April except for a select few outings, and for whatever reason, Adkins hasn't been getting many innings lately - he's been alright, but I do remember him blowing a couple of games for us. (Billy's BS in Oakland comes to mind)

Cowch44
07-17-2004, 02:52 AM
Let's get this pitcher back!:D:
http://tinypic.com/su8j

Mohoney
07-17-2004, 03:05 AM
Let's get this pitcher back!:D:
http://tinypic.com/su8j

Why did you have to go there?

I just ate dinner, for God's sake!