PDA

View Full Version : Rauch scratched

ohiosoxfan
07-16-2004, 01:52 PM
Anyone notice that Jon Rauch has been scratched from his start for Charlotte on Saturday. . . Could this mean a trade is in the works????

pearso66
07-16-2004, 01:57 PM
either that, or maybe they are sending Scott S to the pen, and bringing Rauch up for the 5 spot?

Clarkdog
07-16-2004, 02:09 PM
Anyone notice that Jon Rauch has been scratched from his start for Charlotte on Saturday. . . Could this mean a trade is in the works????
Link?

mealfred13
07-16-2004, 02:09 PM
Sounds interesting either way.....hmmmm. Maybe Randy's coming to town...lol.

SoxxoS
07-16-2004, 02:37 PM
I think someone mentioned (Randar?) that Rauch was having some sort of injury issue.

Mickster
07-16-2004, 02:37 PM
Smells like one of KW's deals.... :?:

pudge
07-16-2004, 02:50 PM
Most likely an injury. No need to scratch someone that early otherwise.

Mickster
07-16-2004, 02:51 PM
Unless, of couse, he's being moved..... :cool:

Randar68
07-16-2004, 02:54 PM
I've heard a rumor he's actually had a sore knee. I haven't been able to verify it, but we shall see. I hope it's a trade because the big guy's seen his share of injuries.

Mickster
07-16-2004, 02:56 PM
I've heard a rumor he's actually had a sore knee. I haven't been able to verify it, but we shall see. I hope it's a trade because the big guy's seen his share of injuries.
Try not to verify it......we can dream, can't we??? :D:

Tekijawa
07-16-2004, 02:59 PM
I've heard a rumor he's actually had a sore knee. I haven't been able to verify it, but we shall see. I hope it's a trade because the big guy's seen his share of injuries.I'm 6'7" My knee hurts every time it rains, I still come to work!!!! The only reason I wouldn't come to works is if I was either traded or :gulp: Can't imagine what a 6'11" gu feels like when it rains! anyone check the weather down there?

samram
07-16-2004, 03:08 PM
I'm 6'7" My knee hurts every time it rains, I still come to work!!!! The only reason I wouldn't come to works is if I was either traded or :gulp: Can't imagine what a 6'11" gu feels like when it rains! anyone check the weather down there?
It's about 85 and humid. No threat of rain. The Knights website has nothing about Rauch missing a start either.

samram
07-16-2004, 03:09 PM
Wait, it's supposed to rain tomorrow and maybe his knee is sensing it now.:D:

Tekijawa
07-16-2004, 03:48 PM
Wait, it's supposed to rain tomorrow and maybe his knee is sensing it now.:D:MINE IS!
lol:)

The Tom
07-16-2004, 04:40 PM
If a deal is imminent, there would most likely be some other guys out of the lineup. Has anybody checked to see if guys like Diaz are on the schedule. I did notice earlier that Munoz is making his start tonight, so that means he's probly not involved if it were a trade in the makings.

Chisoxfn
07-16-2004, 06:32 PM
I've heard a rumor he's actually had a sore knee. I haven't been able to verify it, but we shall see. I hope it's a trade because the big guy's seen his share of injuries.Thats exactly the case. His knee has been bugging him from a bit. From every indication I've heard, some on the Sox staff aren't too pleased with the way he pitches (his mental approach).

Don't be surprised if he's sent out (I don't think any of us would be). However it be unfair to blame him for his last start in which he got shelled (he hadn't pitched in like 3 weeks).

fsphog
07-16-2004, 11:54 PM
some on the sox staff dont like the way he pitches?? (mentally) jeez - hes basically told what pitch to throw and where.

anyhow - rauch actually has a serious enough injury to his knee that he was sent to the doc - who decided that its not serious enought to get and mri - but serious enough to miss a start and stay off it for a few days.

Chisoxfn
07-18-2004, 05:34 AM
some on the sox staff dont like the way he pitches?? (mentally) jeez - hes basically told what pitch to throw and where.

anyhow - rauch actually has a serious enough injury to his knee that he was sent to the doc - who decided that its not serious enought to get and mri - but serious enough to miss a start and stay off it for a few days.+

In short they don't like the way he goes about pitching. He usually is afraid of the hitters and falls behind in the count or at least thats what I was told by someone high up in the organization that deals with pitching. The Sox want their pitchers to attack hitters (its the organizational philosphy I guess) and he's not really doing it.

He falls behind or tries to really nitpick the zone.