PDA

View Full Version : Chicago NewsMedia Watch 7/16/04

Hangar18
07-16-2004, 01:01 PM
Great Sadness & Despair in the Chicago Media circles today, as Cub/Chicago Media Messiah Mark Prior goes down w another injury. You can feel the sorrow and anxiousness in the media, (proving they ARENT disconnected from reporting the story, but more are MAKING the stories here) Anyone realize the SOX lost a Lackluster game, yet again, to the Oakland A's, a team they have a few more games against, and the Title hopes they harbor are ANything but written in stone ...........but no. Instead, were treated to whats gonna happen to that team. What pitchers can they run out and BUY to help restore Glory to Chicago. sickening. The print media reflects this also today....

Also lost was the City very seriously considering putting a portable CourtRoom on the grounds of The Urinal, to "deal with the worsening fan rowdiness problem" at cub games. Numerous complaints from residents and business owners have prompted this. Didnt FOX VERY RECENTLY put out a Report stating that there were more PROBLEMS at COmiskey and NOT at Wrigley?
What gives FOX/Media Types? If this isnt yet another slap in the Face for Journalistic Integrity, I dont know what is. Screw the chicago cub-loving media.

Cubune:
6 cub stories
2 sox stories
Cub-Times:
5 cub stories
3 sox stories

Standings since Spring ............
CUBS 1087
SOX 794

Baby Fisk
07-16-2004, 01:04 PM
Hangar, you're awesome. I've been waiting for this all morning. :cheers:

Hangar18
07-16-2004, 01:07 PM
Chaos ,,,,,,,,,,,,Despair................. Rome Is Burning

habibharu
07-16-2004, 01:18 PM
wow, both the score and espn 1000 have been unlistenable today! i dont know what to listen to! all prior, all the time. the only thing that has been said about the sox so far on either station is that the alternate broadcast thing sucked. Not one word about the game at all!

SSN721
07-16-2004, 01:20 PM
Rome Is Burning

I thought they pulled his show off the air. :smile:

habibharu
07-16-2004, 01:26 PM
I thought they pulled his show off the air. :smile: nope, it comes on at 11 pm

maurice
07-16-2004, 03:10 PM
The CPD apparently admits that officers are not enforcing the law around the Urinal with their usual villigance, because that would requrie them to leave the scene to transport an endless stream of offenders to the station for booking. Because the situation around the Urinal is so bad, they need a full cadre of officers to keep the peace and can't afford to take them off the street. As a result, the number of crimes committed on game days around Wrigley must be vastly underreported.

CHISOXFAN13
07-16-2004, 03:30 PM
wow, both the score and espn 1000 have been unlistenable today! i dont know what to listen to! all prior, all the time. the only thing that has been said about the sox so far on either station is that the alternate broadcast thing sucked. Not one word about the game at all!

fwiw, North and Hood are blasting the Cubs right now and have been since Hendry's press conference.

Mickster
07-16-2004, 03:31 PM
fwiw, North and Hood are blasting the Cubs right now and have been since Hendry's press conference.
What press conference?

SSN721
07-16-2004, 03:33 PM
nope, it comes on at 11 pm

They call the radio show that too? I thought that was The Jungle, Rome is Burning was what I remember them calling the TV show he had on ESPN for like a week. I could be wrong though.

My bad, I thought you said 11 AM :D:

Baby Fisk
07-16-2004, 03:52 PM
What press conference?Maybe this press conference:
http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/chc/news/chc_news.jsp?ymd=20040715&content_id=800531&vkey=news_chc&fext=.jsp

nasox
07-16-2004, 05:54 PM
nope, it comes on at 11 pm

Doesn't his radio show come on at 11 too?

Kogs35
07-16-2004, 05:56 PM
Doesn't his radio show come on at 11 too?
yeah but not for too much longer