PDA

View Full Version : Hitters I would like to see on the Sox...

ndgt10
07-16-2004, 11:27 AM
I don't know if they're available or what their contract situation is, but here are a few players I would like to see the sox pick up with their OPS next to them:

R. Palmeiro 0.769
F. Catalanotto 0.818
F. Menechino 0.843
R. Ibanez 0.802
D. Ward 0.830
J. Cruz 0.854

I think Catalanotto and Ward are on the DL, but I'm just throwing out some names. Who do you guys think we should realistically go after?

fledgedrallycap
07-16-2004, 11:30 AM
I think Everett or Randall Simon would be nice additions at a fair price.

Fungo
07-16-2004, 12:00 PM
D. Ward 0.830
:garyward
Can I come with him?

Tavarin
07-16-2004, 02:06 PM
I think the White Sox should make a run for Carlos Delgado. He may have struggled so far this year, but he had a great year last year, and is in the last year of his four year-$64 million contract

RKMeibalane
07-16-2004, 02:34 PM
I think the White Sox should make a run for Carlos Delgado. He may have struggled so far this year, but he had a great year last year, and is in the last year of his four year-$64 million contract
If Frank ends up missing the rest of the season, Delgado is the person the Sox should get. He's a better hitter than Everett, and he is good enough definsively that the Sox could afford to play him in National League parks for the World Series.

fledgedrallycap
07-16-2004, 03:07 PM
If Frank ends up missing the rest of the season, Delgado is the person the Sox should get. He's a better hitter than Everett, and he is good enough definsively that the Sox could afford to play him in National League parks for the World Series.
Delgado has been quoted as stating he won't lift his no-trade clause.

Tekijawa
07-21-2004, 12:11 PM
Catalanotto Played 2nd a few years back... he'd look nice in a Sox Uni. He should be comming of the DL soon.

MUsoxfan
07-21-2004, 02:22 PM
I think that Rob Mackowiak would be a nice addition to the club. He's fairly solid right now. Then if you take into consideration that he's from Oak Lawn and grew up a Sox fan, I think he'd play at a higher level of intensity than he already does. His price is right, and ANYTHING he would do would be better than what Crede's doing right now. Except of course, if the contest was to see who could catch the fewest pop-fly's. Crede would win that hands down.