PDA

View Full Version : Interesting admission in Cubune

DumpJerry
07-16-2004, 08:05 AM
The Cubune today (7-16) had a blurb in the Metro section that Ald. Tunney of the Wrigleyville Ward is discussing the opening of a police court outside the Urinal to handle all the drunk and disorderly cases the police obtain after Flubbie games. (Insert your own sarcastic comment here, there are too many for me list)

Further proof of what great citizens Flub fans are and why you must protect your children from them.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-16-2004, 09:27 AM
The Cubune today (7-16) had a blurb in the Metro section that Ald. Tunney of the Wrigleyville Ward is discussing the opening of a police court outside the Urinal to handle all the drunk and disorderly cases the police obtain after Flubbie games. (Insert your own sarcastic comment here, there are too many for me list)

Further proof of what great citizens Flub fans are and why you must protect your children from them.
This has been discussed for several days in Talking Baseball. Do you have a link to the Cubune's Metro piece about this development? It would be helpful.

DumpJerry
07-16-2004, 09:53 AM
I tried to to locate it on their online edition, but I guess they caught their "error"......maybe it went to re-write to make sure readers knew this would be in "Lakeview" and not "Wrigleyville" or got deleted because it might scare away women and children from their games.............

Try doing a search on their site, maybe you'll have better luck.

DumpJerry
07-16-2004, 09:56 AM
Found it!

Justice could get swifter with a court at Wrigley

Published July 16, 2004

CHICAGO -- Responding to complaints about rowdiness during Cubs home games, Chicago police officials and Ald. Thomas Tunney (44th) are discussing the possibility of having a court outside Wrigley Field to deal with drunken and disorderly fans.

Talks exploring options for a court began two weeks ago and are at an early stage, said David Bayless, a Police Department spokesman. The options include having a bus stationed at the ballpark to serve as a makeshift courtroom or to transport arrested fans to the nearest police lockups and courts, he said.

"We're willing to look at it, but it's only an idea at this point," Bayless said.

"We are listening to many different ideas in our community, and certainly support the Chicago police," said Mike Lufrano, vice president for community affairs for the Cubs.

The Cubs are owned by Tribune Co., which also owns the Chicago Tribune.

hellenicsoxfan
07-16-2004, 06:14 PM
I guess the hell hole that parents shouldn't take their kids to is actually located on the North side of the city. But Moronotti will never say this.