PDA

View Full Version : FSN's Sox Audio Plus...or minus?

munchman33
07-15-2004, 10:13 PM
I keep hearing other people calling tonights game at the same time. They are really annoying. Anyone know the who and why?

JGarlandrules20
07-15-2004, 10:15 PM
I keep hearing other people calling tonights game at the same time. They are really annoying. Anyone know the who and why?Yeah.. what is that? I thought I was hearing voices...

John Barrett
07-15-2004, 10:15 PM
it is supposed be with the SAP button something new MLB is trying for the next 10 games or so... there were audtions

mantis1212
07-15-2004, 10:16 PM
I know, its wierd. I hear some chick talking like she's sitting next to hawk..

munchman33
07-15-2004, 10:17 PM
it is supposed be with the SAP button something new MLB is trying for the next 10 games or so... there were audtions
And those two where the best they could get? Jeez.

doctor30th
07-15-2004, 10:18 PM
They need to stop the experiment now, cause its so annoying.

Get the kinks out first, before you try it.

John Barrett
07-15-2004, 10:18 PM
maybe she is under the desk!

ndgt10
07-15-2004, 10:19 PM
Not to mention that a fan is using a horn every time something good happens for the A's.

whitesoxwilkes
07-15-2004, 10:22 PM
And those two where the best they could get? Jeez.
They coulda had me, but they passed me up.

JGarlandrules20
07-15-2004, 10:22 PM
Not to mention that a fan is using a horn every time something good happens for the A's.Yeah that's pretty annoying.

Atleast its not a cow bell...

bennyw41
07-15-2004, 10:25 PM
I read they were trying out people for alternative programming, my guess is that they are purposly trying to get people to realize its coming, by teasing it.

Does anyone remember some person posted on the boards "wouldn't it be cool if they had an alternative broadcast" Do you think it was a troll for FSN? Pretty funny..:dtroll: ...

Cowch44
07-15-2004, 10:38 PM
The guy called Crede a defensive stud:cool:

Jerko
07-15-2004, 10:39 PM
I tried to listen to the radio broadcast which is usually pitch ahead of my video feed, but tonight it's between 2-3 pitches ahead so I can't even listen to that! ***?

Kogs35
07-15-2004, 10:41 PM
thank you toshiba and rca for not having a sap button on my tv and my directv.

Blob
07-15-2004, 10:44 PM
Dave Wills said they were having all kinds of broadcasting problems today. Probably a bad satelite hookup...

Rocklive99
07-15-2004, 11:38 PM
LOL, during that last difficulty, DJ was actually being a DJ. Nuts though, it blacked out during the Mags HR

BKozi
07-15-2004, 11:48 PM
Yeah that's pretty annoying.

Atleast its not a cow bell...
If anything, we need more cowbell...

StillMissOzzie
07-16-2004, 12:11 AM
Dave Wills said they were having all kinds of broadcasting problems today. Probably a bad satelite hookup...
Yeah, even during the pre-game show, when they had DJ & Ozzie on for live interviews, the audio and video were out of sync. It looked like one of those english-dubbed kung-fu movies.

SMO

BainesHOF
07-16-2004, 12:51 AM
Was it Mary Shane?

South Side
07-16-2004, 01:13 AM
LOL, during that last difficulty, DJ was actually being a DJ. Nuts though, it blacked out during the Mags HR
It was a nice suprise when it came back on though!

pudge
07-16-2004, 02:48 AM
it blacked out during the Mags HR
Did it do that for everyone, or was it only satellite customers? I was pissed, as that turned out to be the only highlight of the game, and I didn't get to see it.

WhiteSox = Life
07-16-2004, 02:57 AM
I heard the audio problems early in the game and there was a woman and (I think) that guy Eric something or other... Eric... Carmen? Forman? Idle?

Whatever his name is, he was the guy who called Crede a defensive stud.

It's an interesting concept, but it clearly did not work well tonight. The whole broadcast had audio and visual problems.

I get DJ as the DJ comment now, when the video played DJ saying, "Br-br-br-br-break" a few times as the screen went black and before the first pitch to Maggs replayed. Hilarious. Of course, as pudge mentioned, we didn't get to see the only highlight of the game. (Btw, I have Comcast digital cable, so it wasn't just the satellite customers... It was me and only me, also.)

The Sox, as well as the technical crew, sure had some problems last night, huh?

:rolleyes:

WikdChiSoxFan
07-16-2004, 08:03 AM
This just so happens to be my world premier here on White Sox Interactive. I've been reading threads for quite some time here at WSI and instead of easing my way into Message Board popularity, I'm just gonna go ahead and start a thread.

Unfortunately, it's about a topic that many have already displayed a little dissapointment here on WSI. However, I must say that I am a strong Sox Audio Plus advocate. But it's not that I think that this is the best thing to happen since Southpaw. I'm actually a huge friend of the winner, Nick Murawski. That being said, I'd like to hear what your thoughts were on the SAP broadcast if you listened to it. Plus it's a way to generate a little bit more attention. By the sounds of another thread, it seems that technical difficulties were the only way anyone knew something was happening.

BUT, aside from the glitches...what do you think was good and bad about the show?

-Dobber

SSN721
07-16-2004, 08:24 AM
If anything, we need more cowbell...

I got a fever....
ANd the only prescription....
Is more Cowbell
:D:

akingamongstmen
07-16-2004, 08:28 AM
I got a fever....
ANd the only prescription....
Is more Cowbell
:D:
You beat me to it. :)

hsnterprize
07-16-2004, 08:34 AM
First of all, welcome. Glad you dropped by, and we at WSI hope you'll enjoy your stay. Secondly, I personally haven't heard the "other" broadcasters since I can't find the SAP function on my TV. However, Eric Collins personally told me this will be a 10-game experiement, and then whoever is this guy who won the auditions will be further evaluated.

MetalliSox
07-16-2004, 09:25 AM
The broadcast was a mess. They rarely talked about the game or baseball at all. Get rid of it.

bennyw41
07-16-2004, 09:59 AM
I am just confused. I pressed the SAP button on my TV, and nothing was there, but when I had a normal sound on, I heard random people talking. How can we evaluate this program if it doesn't work!

Dadawg_77
07-16-2004, 10:23 AM
I didn't like it not because of the guy but the format needs to be changed. I really don't think a morning talk radio show goes well with a baseball game. They need to focus more on the game action then Josh Beckett's girlfriend. It has promise to be somethin good, just needs to get rid of the clutter.

duke of dorwood
07-16-2004, 10:36 AM
It wasnt working much either-had both broadcasts on at same time a couple of times.

Blob
07-16-2004, 12:36 PM
Did it do that for everyone, or was it only satellite customers? I was pissed, as that turned out to be the only highlight of the game, and I didn't get to see it.
It blacked out on my cable broadcast.

chisox117
07-16-2004, 01:23 PM
Honestly if they offered a broadcast without announcers but with crowd noise, audible umpires, crack of the bat, etc. by pressing the SAP button, I'd watch it every time.
Barring that move, I think they should have offered a Spanish-language broadcast instead. Way to 'reach out to the Latino community' Sox!
The quest for 'alternative' or 'edgy' sports broadcasts is making it almost impossible watch a game with the sound on -- nobody wants to listen to a bunch of stupid sound effects every time an on-screen graphic changes or to these 'brand new!' 'groundbreaking!' Audio Plus chumps.
I mostly prefer former players like Jim Katt or Hawk as announcers (as opposed to Chris Bermann/Chip Carry/ Thom Brennaman types). They might not always be dynamic announcers, but at least they offer good insights from a unique perspective.
:gulp:

WikdChiSoxFan
07-16-2004, 02:28 PM
Aside from the technical difficulties, I think the show could turn into something pretty cool. (Although, I'm liking the game broadcast in Spanish idea, that would probably sell real well). However, I still think the show could turn into something pretty entertaining. There were some huge drawbacks though...like the guests. It sounded like a morning radio show a lot. That was bad. Also, the two other guys don't seem to be into the game, or ChiSox fans at all. I think they should adopt a little WSI attitude and become totally biased. But they need to focus more on the game than T-Wad and his daughters' swimming lessons. On a good note, I'm liking the mystery science theateresque of it. (Mystery Science Theater ROCKED for all you nay-sayers out there.) It was like MXC baseball. (Most Xtreme Challenge also rocks equal to that, if not more than, MST)

BUT....

One thing is for sure...when Nick gets rolling...which he will...you better be sitting down! This kid is so hysterical he makes me puke on command. (in other words, really funny) Which reminds me, let me take this time to give a shout out to the entire Murawski family. Jon, Josh, Nick...A trio of brothers that will one day dominate the universe with their unstoppable powers of hilarity, I thank you for walking into my life. No doubt, it has taken a turn for the better.

Anyway, I assure you that these ten games will be pretty entertaining. There are 162 times that you can watch Hawk & DJ (I am a strong Hawk advocate by the way.) Why not taste ten games of something a little different. If you cannot watch the game because your television doesn't have it. I am personally inviting you to the Delta Tau Delta House at IIT for Brats and Beer to watch the game on a big screen in plush leather couches (Espn Zone style yo!). I have no doubt once you taste a brat from the Dobber himself, you won't care what's on the television. (Ask anyone who has succumbed to my infinite sausage powers)

But, as I said, I'm biased...I know Nick Murawski, I like my own brats...(coincidence?)

I will leave you with my plea. Enjoy!

Nick Murawski quote of the day: "A lot of the fans dressed up as seats tonight"

-Dobber

Tekijawa
07-16-2004, 02:43 PM
I have Comcast and it did it to me... From the break throughs in the sound feed, I don't think I wasn't anything to do with this new feature. It sounded like they took the Most annoying female "VJ" from MTV and let her run rampant, I didn't hear the guy at all, so I'm just assuming that he was equally as bad.... Can I say that:

I like my SOx games quiet, my beer cold, and my Start times at 7:05.... Screw this West Cost B.S.!

Tekijawa
07-16-2004, 02:45 PM
I mostly prefer former players like Jim Katt or Hawk as announcers (as opposed to Chris Bermann/Chip Carry/ Thom Brennaman types). They might not always be dynamic announcers, but at least they offer good insights from a unique perspective.
:gulp:
I'd KILL for a Santo / Pearsol announced game!

Brian26
07-16-2004, 03:13 PM
One thing is for sure...when Nick gets rolling...which he will...you better be sitting down! This kid is so hysterical he makes me puke on command. (in other words, really funny) Which reminds me, let me take this time to give a shout out to the entire Murawski family. Jon, Josh, Nick...A trio of brothers that will one day dominate the universe with their unstoppable powers of hilarity, .......

If you cannot watch the game because your television doesn't have it. I am personally inviting you to the Delta Tau Delta House at IIT for Brats and Beer to watch the game on a big screen in plush leather couches (Espn Zone style yo!). I have no doubt once you taste a brat from the Dobber himself, you won't care what's on the television. (Ask anyone who has succumbed to my infinite sausage powers)

Ugh.

I tune in to watch the Sox.

I have no need whatsoever to hear "Nick get rolling" so I can puke.

bennyw41
07-16-2004, 03:19 PM
Ugh.

I tune in to watch the Sox.

I have no need whatsoever to hear "Nick get rolling" so I can puke.

Especially if his quote of the day is about dressing up as seats. Its not fun...Its not funny.

Jerko
07-16-2004, 03:32 PM
Especially if his quote of the day is about dressing up as seats. Its not fun...Its not funny.

Double ugh. Haven't heard that one in about 23 years. Refreshing! I'll take your word for it though; Nick's a hoot.

:threadsucks

gobears1987
07-16-2004, 04:07 PM
I hated it. I just want to hear Hawk and DJ. Hawk is pretty dynamic, his homerun call is the best and most well known in baseball.

"Way back, he looks up, YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD eee YESSSS!"

the_valenstache
07-16-2004, 04:09 PM
One thing is for sure...when Nick gets rolling...which he will...you better be sitting down! This kid is so hysterical he makes me puke on command. (in other words, really funny) Which reminds me, let me take this time to give a shout out to the entire Murawski family. Jon, Josh, Nick...A trio of brothers that will one day dominate the universe with their unstoppable powers of hilarity, I thank you for walking into my life. No doubt, it has taken a turn for the better.

Anyway, I assure you that these ten games will be pretty entertaining. There are 162 times that you can watch Hawk & DJ (I am a strong Hawk advocate by the way.) Why not taste ten games of something a little different. If you cannot watch the game because your television doesn't have it. I am personally inviting you to the Delta Tau Delta House at IIT for Brats and Beer to watch the game on a big screen in plush leather couches (Espn Zone style yo!). I have no doubt once you taste a brat from the Dobber himself, you won't care what's on the television. (Ask anyone who has succumbed to my infinite sausage powers)

But, as I said, I'm biased...I know Nick Murawski, I like my own brats...(coincidence?)

I will leave you with my plea. Enjoy!

Nick Murawski quote of the day: "A lot of the fans dressed up as seats tonight"

-Dobber

For a second there during the reading of that post, I had to rub my eyes and make sure I didn't just stumble onto the Cubs board. No disrespect, but I just had this overload of frat-boy macheesmo thing going through my head.

"Tell Skeeter and the Bros that we're getting a keg of Natty and listening to Santo while tossing the bean bags."

"Dude, if he wakes up...make him drink."

Infinite sausage powers. Classic.

chisox117
07-16-2004, 06:18 PM
I'd KILL for a Santo / Pearsol announced game!Start with Joe Buck, please.