PDA

View Full Version : Cubs fans.....

OurBitchinMinny
07-15-2004, 11:26 PM
are just so sad. I know this isnt breaking news, but I was on their board (not posting just seeing the reaction to prior's injury) and they have some threads about how they need to go out and get the unit. In one of these threads they were talking about what to do if they get johnson for the playoffs. Someone posted whether they thought johnson would accept a role in the bullpen if prior is healthy. I guess the four cy young award winners in waitng are better then the big unit. Delusional cub fans.

JB98
07-16-2004, 01:05 AM
are just so sad. I know this isnt breaking news, but I was on their board (not posting just seeing the reaction to prior's injury) and they have some threads about how they need to go out and get the unit. In one of these threads they were talking about what to do if they get johnson for the playoffs. Someone posted whether they thought johnson would accept a role in the bullpen if prior is healthy. I guess the four cy young award winners in waitng are better then the big unit. Delusional cub fans.
ROFLMAO!!!!

If RJ were traded to the Cubs, he would be the best pitcher on the team the moment he set foot in the clubhouse. Even idiot North Siders should know that! I guess I give them too much credit....

OurBitchinMinny
07-16-2004, 01:20 AM
It is really a sad bunch of delusional people.

Randy Johnson in the bullpen for the playoffs??!!!Id rather have him on the mound than any of their other 4, even when they are all healthy.

MarqSox
07-16-2004, 08:36 AM
ROFLMAO!!!!

If RJ were traded to the Cubs, he would be the best pitcher on the team the moment he set foot in the clubhouse. Even idiot North Siders should know that! I guess I give them too much credit....I was having this conversation a couple days ago with my roommate, who is a big Cubs fan. (He's also a big conservative, I'm not sure how we coexist.) Anyway, I made the comment that if the Sox got RJ, they would have the best starting 5 in all of MLB. His response? "Not better than the Cubs." Then with a straight face the guy says if he could have either RJ or Prior start Game 7 of the WS, he'd go with Prior. Amazing. :rolleyes:

Aidan
07-16-2004, 09:07 AM
I was having this conversation a couple days ago with my roommate, who is a big Cubs fan. (He's also a big conservative, I'm not sure how we coexist.) Anyway, I made the comment that if the Sox got RJ, they would have the best starting 5 in all of MLB. His response? "Not better than the Cubs." Then with a straight face the guy says if he could have either RJ or Prior start Game 7 of the WS, he'd go with Prior. Amazing. :rolleyes:Would he still go with Prior now, considering his impending Tommy John surgery? :rolleyes:

Rocky Soprano
07-16-2004, 09:20 AM
I was having this conversation a couple days ago with my roommate, who is a big Cubs fan. (He's also a big conservative, I'm not sure how we coexist.) Anyway, I made the comment that if the Sox got RJ, they would have the best starting 5 in all of MLB. His response? "Not better than the Cubs." Then with a straight face the guy says if he could have either RJ or Prior start Game 7 of the WS, he'd go with Prior. Amazing. :rolleyes:
I guess he forgot what happened to Prior at game 6 last year.

Tekijawa
07-16-2004, 09:38 AM
I guess he forgot what happened to Prior at game 6 last year.
Yeah but that was game 6 he was talking about Game 7!

Blob
07-16-2004, 11:49 AM
Would he still go with Prior now, considering his impending Tommy John surgery? :rolleyes:
Scrub fans, like Dustbin, would pitch him until his arm fell off!

Achilles, my butt!:booty:

JB98
07-16-2004, 12:26 PM
I was having this conversation a couple days ago with my roommate, who is a big Cubs fan. (He's also a big conservative, I'm not sure how we coexist.) Anyway, I made the comment that if the Sox got RJ, they would have the best starting 5 in all of MLB. His response? "Not better than the Cubs." Then with a straight face the guy says if he could have either RJ or Prior start Game 7 of the WS, he'd go with Prior. Amazing. :rolleyes:
Point out these won/loss statistics to him:

Prior 2-2
"Woody" 4-3
Zambrano 9-4
Clement 7-8
Maddux 7-7
Total 29-24

Only one of the Cubs "aces" has a record significantly over .500 despite the fact that they pitch for a "guaranteed World Series team."

RJ has 10 wins on the worst team in the National League. How many 10-game winners do the Cubs have? Oh, yeah. That's right. NOBODY!!!!!!