PDA

View Full Version : How about trading for Todd Walker?

SoxxoS
07-15-2004, 11:54 PM
How about acquiring Todd Walker from the Cubbies??? The Cubune just posted an article about how "Walk" (love the nicknames like "the Farns" and Grudzy) can't get PT...

It is also getting apparently obvious that Willie isn't going to get another hit the rest of the season...and Walker is just wasting away on the Cubs bench...yee of the .850 OPS.

The knock on him is his defense, but the upgrade in stick over the "loss" in defense to Willie would definitely offset the difference. I haven't seen Walker make too many bad plays at 2nd, anyway.

It is funny the acquisitions most of WSI wanted...Walker and Miguel Batista...are still both sorely needed.

Most people are wondering...what about Uribe? Uribe can continue to do what he does best...be a bit better Tony Graffanino.

SEALgep
07-15-2004, 11:56 PM
It would never happen, and his defense simply isn't good. The Score had a guest on that ranks infielders defensively, and Walker was straight up the worst double play turner in baseball. He can swing the stick, but we need to be able to turn two.

kojak
07-16-2004, 12:12 AM
I would rather have Todd Rundgren.

He is by far a better producer!

bafiarocks03
07-16-2004, 12:27 AM
No!!!!!!!!!

chisoxt
07-16-2004, 12:29 AM
I have a better idea.... instead of being reactive and acquiring rent-a-players for your better prospects at mid-season, why can't the Sox brass show some committment and acquire these guys prior to the start of the season? In fact, wasn't garcia available as a free agent??

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-16-2004, 12:34 AM
I have a better idea.... instead of being reactive and acquiring rent-a-players for your better prospects at mid-season, why can't the Sox brass show some committment and acquire these guys prior to the start of the season? In fact, wasn't garcia available as a free agent?? No, but there were rumors that the sox wanted him and the mariners weren't going to offer him abitration, but the M's ended up giving him it.

mdep524
07-16-2004, 01:31 AM
How about acquiring Todd Walker from the Cubbies??? The Cubune just posted an article about how "Walk" (love the nicknames like "the Farns" and Grudzy) can't get PT...

It is also getting apparently obvious that Willie isn't going to get another hit the rest of the season...and Walker is just wasting away on the Cubs bench...yee of the .850 OPS.

The knock on him is his defense, but the upgrade in stick over the "loss" in defense to Willie would definitely offset the difference. I haven't seen Walker make too many bad plays at 2nd, anyway.
Only if we could get him to DH and lead off. His defense is brutal, but I do like what I see of him at the plate, he'd be a solid guy at the top of the order. Won't happen anyway, as the Cubs likely wouldn't trade him to the Sox.

SoxxoS
07-16-2004, 08:12 AM
No!!!!!!!!!
Maybe we should acquire the extremely bright D'Angelo Jimenez.

That .850 OPS would be nice at the top of the order. Ive just about had it with Willie.

harwar
07-16-2004, 08:45 AM
Instead of todd walker,how about larry walker.If Frank is gone he would fit right into the dh role as hes' getting a little slow out there in right field.I know hes' outragiously expensive but i can dream.

BigEdWalsh
07-16-2004, 08:52 AM
I would rather have Todd Rundgren.

He is by far a better producer!
:yup: Absolutely!!

Besides, trading with the Cubs would be a traveshamockery!

OG4LIFE
07-16-2004, 08:59 AM
walker to the sox.

we have uribe and harris, who are better suited for the sox offense (we need speedy, contact guys, not another DH), not to mention they are cheaper.

with all the trade rumors going around, you could have come up with something more interesting to talk about, something more realistic, something actually beneficial to the sox. sorry, but

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/macevedo/Desktop/ThisThreadSucks.jpg

this thread sucks

Dadawg_77
07-16-2004, 10:19 AM
walker to the sox.

we have uribe and harris, who are better suited for the sox offense (we need speedy, contact guys, not another DH), not to mention they are cheaper.

Yeah the Sox don't need guy who is slow and gets on base, he'll only clog up the base paths the few times our fast guys get on.

SoxxoS
07-16-2004, 10:21 AM
walker to the sox.

with all the trade rumors going around, you could have come up with something more interesting to talk about, something more realistic, something actually beneficial to the sox. sorry, but

this thread sucks
A guy with 15 posts, can't use a tag right, and he is telling me this thread sucks...It sucks b/c of your disaster of a post.

Harris is especially good for the Sox offense. He is getting on base, stealing base after base, and scoring rediulous runs. Thank the Lord we have him.

SoxxoS
07-16-2004, 10:24 AM
Yeah the Sox don't need guy who is slow and gets on base, he'll only clog up the base paths the few times our fast guys get on.
Thank you for being a voice of reason.

OPS is the key stat, IMO. Willie Harris is a solid 662. Todd Walkers is .850. That is almost 200 points, for all you non-math majors out there.

Uribe can stay and be Super Graffanino. It's Harris that needs to go.

mdep524
07-16-2004, 11:24 AM
Thank you for being a voice of reason.

OPS is the key stat, IMO. Willie Harris is a solid 662. Todd Walkers is .850. That is almost 200 points, for all you non-math majors out there.

Uribe can stay and be Super Graffanino. It's Harris that needs to go.
Agreed. With almost no ability to get on base, Harris' lack of confidence to steal-his ONE selling point- in the rare even that he gets on is like adding insult to injury. This guy couldn't be gone fast enough.

Hangar18
07-16-2004, 12:44 PM
I was one of the people who Wanted Todd Walker here, he was available,
the guy twisted in the wind .......... and he fell right to the cubs. Unbelievable.
This team FOOLISHLY didnt deal with their problems in the offseason, and it has Cost us Miguel Olivo and Jeremy Reed. Fact is, were gonna probably need another decent starter, I think Loiaza is going to go down shortly with an injury....... GET JOHNSON HERE

Frater Perdurabo
07-16-2004, 12:48 PM
I was one of the people who Wanted Todd Walker here, he was available,
the guy twisted in the wind .......... and he fell right to the cubs. Unbelievable.
This team FOOLISHLY didnt deal with their problems in the offseason, and it has Cost us Miguel Olivo and Jeremy Reed. Fact is, were gonna probably need another decent starter, I think Loiaza is going to go down shortly with an injury....... GET JOHNSON HERE

I want Jason Kendall and Steve Finley instead.

Jerome
07-16-2004, 06:20 PM
Screw defense. If Todd Walker and his huge-ass OBS ever put on a sox jersey, I would do a dance. He's the only guy I can say from both the Cubs and Red Sox I can cheer for. He doesn't strike out, and I would like to know how many games he's cost the scrubs b/c his defense. He would score a ton of runs for us. If he's on the market, he would be awsome on our side. The obsession with Harris (who I love, don't get me wrong) is that he's fast. How many stolen bases does Wille have with all that speed?

THIS THREAD ROCKS

soxwon
07-16-2004, 09:09 PM
never ever deal with the cubs!!

we usually get burned, tho garland was a good one.

id like baseball as a whole to not DEAL with the Cubs

Mohoney
07-17-2004, 01:03 AM

Frater, we might as well start manufacturing Finley-Kendall in '04 campaign buttons and passing them out in front of the Cell. If we somehow landed these two, we would vault into another dimension offensively.

Unfortunately, Finley has reportedly stated that San Diego is where he wants to be. Unfortunately, Kendall makes way too much money for a trade to feasibly happen.

Therefore, the only splashy move we can make is for Unit. That is, unless Beltran becomes available.

DickAllen72
07-17-2004, 01:11 AM
I'd rather have Kenny Lofton.

StillMissOzzie
07-17-2004, 01:24 AM
walker to the sox.

we have uribe and harris, who are better suited for the sox offense (we need speedy, contact guys, not another DH),

this thread sucks
Excuse me, but with Frank out for 6-8 weeks, we DO need another DH!

SMO
:angry:

FasterThanPaulie
07-17-2004, 01:41 AM

It is funny the acquisitions most of WSI wanted...Walker and Miguel Batista...are still both sorely needed.

Most people are wondering...what about Uribe? Uribe can continue to do what he does best...be a bit better Tony Graffanino.
May I ask a question? Why would the Cubs trade him away? He is a good player and will be their starting 2B next year. I don't understand why they would even consider trading him to us.

FasterThanPaulie
07-17-2004, 01:42 AM
Me too! Give me Kendall!!!!!

doublem23
07-17-2004, 07:57 AM
I have a better idea.... instead of being reactive and acquiring rent-a-players for your better prospects at mid-season, why can't the Sox brass show some committment and acquire these guys prior to the start of the season? In fact, wasn't garcia available as a free agent??
Good plan for trying to win this year.