PDA

View Full Version : *OFFICIAL* Mark Prior left the Flubs game early thread (don't, PLEASE, start another)

havelj
07-15-2004, 07:38 PM
Wow. Tough break.:?:

Dub25
07-15-2004, 07:38 PM
Wow. Tough break.:?:
Damn your quick.

Dub25
07-15-2004, 07:39 PM
I wasn't going to start the same thing. Jesus Christ out again.

Dub25
07-15-2004, 07:40 PM
I wasn't going to start the same thing. Jesus Christ out again.I mean was going to.

dickallen15
07-15-2004, 07:42 PM
I was at the Sox/Cubs game when Prior pitched. He was limping around back then. As much as I dislike the Cubs, and think Prior is an arrogant jerk, I hope the injury isn't serious. It wouldn't surprise me if he has some sort of partial tear.

Basten
07-15-2004, 07:42 PM
Something is seriously wrong with Calfzilla.

If because of this, Flubbies get Randy Johnson, I am going to be VERY ****ing pissed.

(Feel free to merge this with any of the existing RJ threads. )

StillMissOzzie
07-15-2004, 07:43 PM
You're BOTH quick on the keyboard. Prior comes out after 1 2/3, down 1-0, right after a play where he broke toward first base to cover a grounder to Lee.

I can't wait for Prior Watch II in the Cubune.

SMO
:gulp:

cbrownson13
07-15-2004, 07:44 PM
With most of the Cubs being healthy, I was hoping no more Prior, Sammy, Kerry watches would flood the local papers.

Prior just left the game in the 2nd with an apparent aggravation to his achilles.

dangler
07-15-2004, 07:44 PM
The Chicago Media is gonna be all over this one. Just what we need. Another Messiah Watch. :(:

dickallen15
07-15-2004, 07:46 PM
Chimp is touting the return of Alex Gonzalez as helping offset the possible lost of Prior. He's a joke.

Aidan
07-15-2004, 07:47 PM
Did anyone else see after Prior got injured, WGN cut to a shot of Jim Hendry looking like he just heard his mother had died.

my5thbench
07-15-2004, 07:48 PM
the Cub just took Prior out of the game...hurt his leg
covering 1st

havelj
07-15-2004, 07:48 PM
That might have been McFail - not sure.:rolleyes:

Huisj
07-15-2004, 07:49 PM
here we go again

Aidan
07-15-2004, 07:53 PM
That might have been McFail - not sure.:rolleyes: You're right. It was Andy McFail.

HomeFish
07-15-2004, 07:53 PM
Yet they still managed to tie the game. :angry:

Come on, Brew crew...

SOXSINCE'70
07-15-2004, 08:00 PM
Heard there's a flu bug going around the team.It might be that,but I doubt it.

Well,you don't have to worry about "the gladiator".He's sick all the time.Sick in the head,that is.:D: :D: :D:

34rancher
07-15-2004, 08:04 PM
Not that I think it is bad, because it means we are all baseball fans, but a lot of us are watching that game...........(i guess i am too)

havelj
07-15-2004, 08:12 PM
SCORE reporting - elbow discomfort. ouch.

:o:

HomeFish
07-15-2004, 08:13 PM
Score reporting - elbow discomfort. ouch.

:o:

I wouldn't be so happy; a reinjured Achilles seems worse than elbow discomfort to me. Then again, I've never been a Major League pitcher.

Cubbiesuck13
07-15-2004, 08:14 PM
espn's front baseball page has prior on it with a caption: READY TO ROLL, cubs have a healthy prior for the 2nd half.

oh the humanity!:supernana:

OurBitchinMinny
07-15-2004, 08:26 PM
If he is out long I can see the cubs making a move for the unit. Man is he injury prone.

chisoxfanforever
07-15-2004, 08:28 PM
Not that I think it is bad, because it means we are all baseball fans, but a lot of us are watching that game...........(i guess i am too)
If the Sox weren't on the west coast, I would have been watching them instead of the Cubs. I was actually watching to see how the brewers were doing, because I cheer for the sox and anyone playing the cubs!

harwar
07-15-2004, 08:35 PM
Mark Prior had to leave tonights game in the second inning with "discomfort in the elbow". uh oh...

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-15-2004, 08:36 PM
yuck...watching the cubs play baseball. :chunks
i've watched one cub game this year...the july 5th game where sheets pitched during the day and the sox weren't on. that's the only time i'll be tuning into chimp and stone even if the sox aren't playing.

Viva Magglio
07-15-2004, 08:39 PM
Steve Stone seemed to insinuate that Prior would be shut down after he reported the elbow discomfort.

Whitesox029
07-15-2004, 08:42 PM
Eat it, Cub fans! Hahahahaha! Excellent!
:supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana:

Whitesox029
07-15-2004, 08:45 PM
If he is out long I can see the cubs making a move for the unit. Man is he injury prone.I can see the tribune speculating that the Cubs will make a move for the unit, since they've done so for just about every respectable player in the MLB this season. Today's was about how the Garciaparra deal is now unlikely. Was it ever likely?

FightingBillini
Its completely classless to cheer an injury (unless its to Ray Lewis). I sure hope its not a serious injury. Besides the obvious reasons, I dont want the Cubs fans to be bitching and using excuses while they watch us in the playoffs.
Healthy Cubs = 2nd place
Thats good enough

Aidan
http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/chc/news/chc_news.jsp?ymd=20040715&content_id=800590&vkey=news_chc&fext=.jsp
CHICAGO -- Chicago Cubs pitcher Mark Prior, who missed the first two months of the season with a sore Achilles, had to leave Thursday's game after 1 2/3 innings after experiencing discomfort in the back of his right elbow.

Iguana775
07-15-2004, 08:52 PM
Mark Prior had to leave tonights game in the second inning with "discomfort in the elbow". uh oh...
Is this a Cubs board?

Bruck35
07-15-2004, 08:52 PM
Mark Prior had to leave tonights game in the second inning with "discomfort in the elbow". uh oh...My thoughts are with him and the rest of the cubs fans tonight. :whiner:

munchman33
07-15-2004, 08:55 PM
I, unlike a lot of people here, enjoy Cub bashing posts. Especially those where their savior gets hurt. But please, only post them in talking baseball, AND NOT THE WHITE SOX CLUBHOUSE!

Harris=God
07-15-2004, 08:55 PM
THe prior watch is coming out of retirement

Cubbiesuck13
07-15-2004, 09:05 PM
espn's front baseball page has prior on it with a caption: READY TO ROLL, cubs have a healthy prior for the 2nd half.

oh the humanity!:supernana:
now the same page has a picture of prior and a trainer with the captoin: OUCH!, mark prior has been troubled by injuries for most of the year.

SoxxoS
07-15-2004, 09:12 PM
Is this a Cubs board?
If a major pitcher goes down, it's news...regardless if it's the Cubs or not.

harwar
07-15-2004, 09:17 PM
Is this a Cubs board?Its a possible season end injury to a MLB contender.
I am interested in anything that involves teams that have a chance to make it to the playoffs where the White Sox will be hunting this year.
If you have a problem with that,then you have a problem.

fquaye149
07-15-2004, 09:31 PM
Its completely classless to cheer an injury (unless its to Ray Lewis). I sure hope its not a serious injury. Besides the obvious reasons, I dont want the Cubs fans to be bitching and using excuses while they watch us in the playoffs.
Healthy Cubs = 2nd place
Thats good enough

every time someone gets hurt i hear this. Honestly, I don't have too much sympathy unless the injury effects his everyday life for the rest of his life. even then i don't have too much. Let's say tragically mark prior can't pitch another game. Thanks to the Twins passing up on him he was a multi-millionaire before he even stepped on a playing field

honestly. i bet if i met prior in real life i'd like him. but when he's wearing cubbie blue i don't like him. i wish failure on prior the baseball player. prior the person's doing just fine from what i can tell. he already has a few million dollar head start on the rest of us.

gobears1987
07-15-2004, 09:35 PM
$20 says that the Cubune has a Prior watch tommorow and doesn't have a Frank watch.

34rancher
07-15-2004, 09:42 PM
Thanks to the Twins passing up on him he was a multi-millionaire before he even stepped on a playing field

Just as a sidenote here. Prior was the undisputed #1 player in the draft and was thought to be the pure "can't miss" next pitcher. The twins wanted him, but his agent (borASS) told them not to draft him, as he would sit him out until the next year like he did with Drew, Hill, and Weaver unless they were willing to shell out millions on an unproven talent. They decided to draft Mauer instead. This allowed the cubs to draft him instead at the number 2 spot. People wonder why I am ticked off at baseball. This is one of the reasons, when the draft has no purpose and does not allow the true purpose behind a draft to exist.......COMPETIVENESS!!!!!

Jerko
07-15-2004, 09:48 PM
Too bad Prior got hurt; now the cubs will be able to put their best pitcher this season back in the rotation. In fact he'll get the win tonight that Jesus probably would not have.

Viva Magglio
07-15-2004, 10:32 PM
According to George Ofman, Prior revealed that he has had elbow tenderness since spring training. He will have an MRI and miss some time. Dave Kerner hinted that Prior may have to be shut down for the season and Ofman concurred. Ofman added that Tommy John surgery is not out of the question.

OurBitchinMinny
07-15-2004, 10:49 PM
Healthy Cubs = 2nd place
Thats good enough
Or Kobe bryant. Thank god the bulls didnt sign him.

DrCrawdad
07-15-2004, 11:19 PM
http://wgnradio.com/sports/photos/cubsbooth02hendryatlantabooth.jpg
Mark feels great. I'd say he's at about 98% and
should only miss one start. Oh, and Ron have I ever told you
that your hair looks great. It's 98% natural, right?

samram
07-15-2004, 11:24 PM
According to George Ofman, Prior revealed that he has had elbow tenderness since spring training. He will have an MRI and miss some time. Dave Kerner hinted that Prior may have to be shut down for the season and Ofman concurred. Ofman added that Tommy John surgery is not out of the question.
Wow, if that ends up being the case. I guess you could see it coming- he just hasn't been sharp, especially early in his starts and has run up some big pitch counts, including several first innings in the 30s. I think the scariest thing for the Cubs is Prior should be the least susceptible of their pitchers to injury. Clement and Zambrano have far more violent arm actions, and Dusty's complete ignoring of pitch counts may really lead to trouble. Of course, this is all worst case scenario, and Prior may be back in two weeks, but you don't take yourself out of a game in the second inning if you just have minor soreness, I wouldn't think.

DrCrawdad
07-15-2004, 11:34 PM
Maybe the Star-Ledger was onto something...

MARK PRIOR'S right elbow injury could be serious enough to require Tommy John surgery and keep him out for the whole year, according to the word circulating among baseball executives. Cubs manager DUSTY BAKER, who has a tendency to leave his starters in for extremely high pitch counts, has been confiding in friends that the situation is bleak. Losing Prior for an extended time would obviously be a big blow for the Cubs, who don't have a lot of wiggle room in their payroll budget to trade for another starter. - MARCH, NJ STAR LEDGER REPORT (http://www.nj.com/printer/printer.ssf?/base/sports-3/108166686997050.xml)

HebrewHammer
07-15-2004, 11:54 PM
In other news the Cubs just signed a new team doctor

Aidan
07-16-2004, 12:12 AM
that your hair looks great. It's 98% natural, right? MWAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!! :supernana:

Aidan
07-16-2004, 12:15 AM
In other news the Cubs just signed a new team doctorhttp://img9.exs.cx/img9/852/nick_riviera.gif
"HI EVERYBODY!!!"

ode to veeck
07-16-2004, 12:28 AM
THe prior watch is coming out of retirement

Here's to it becoming a permanent fixture, other than he ought to pitch the 8th inning of every NLCS game 6 they get to ...

mdep524
07-16-2004, 12:46 AM
Just as a sidenote here. Prior was the undisputed #1 player in the draft and was thought to be the pure "can't miss" next pitcher. The twins wanted him, but his agent (borASS) told them not to draft him, as he would sit him out until the next year like he did with Drew, Hill, and Weaver unless they were willing to shell out millions on an unproven talent. They decided to draft Mauer instead. This allowed the cubs to draft him instead at the number 2 spot. People wonder why I am ticked off at baseball. This is one of the reasons, when the draft has no purpose and does not allow the true purpose behind a draft to exist.......COMPETIVENESS!!!!!
A little off topic, but great, great great post, rancher. I feel the same way- this is one of baseball's biggest problems and its only going to get bigger and bigger. Yet this whole issue is always overlooked.

The fact that the Twins didn't draft Prior because they were afraid of signing A DRAFT PICK is absolutely ridiculous. Free agency is one thing, but the DRAFT? Teams should select players in the draft based soley on talent, otherwise the less talented teams will never catch up to the more talented ones. MLB really needs to get its act together.

amace020
07-16-2004, 12:49 AM
It is very distressing that some of you are revelling in an injury to an opposing player, just because he plays for the Cubs.

Perhaps some of you feel like second class citizens with regards to baseball in Chicago. WGN carries more Cub games- the national baseball identity of Chicago seems more Cub-centric, etc...

However- the only way to rise past the percieved second class status is to rise above it!

You know what I'd like to see? A White Sox/Cubs World Series. I am pretty sure the world would end by the first pitch- but that is my dream.

Let's hope that Prior is not seriously injured and makes a speedy recovery!

And let's hope that Frank will get well soon and dominate as always!!

Have some SOX PRIDE!!

HomeFish
07-16-2004, 12:50 AM
It is very distressing that some of you are revelling in an injury to an opposing player, just because he plays for the Cubs.

Perhaps some of you feel like second class citizens with regards to baseball in Chicago. WGN carries more Cub games- the national baseball identity of Chicago seems more Cub-centric, etc...

However- the only way to rise past the percieved second class status is to rise above it!

You know what I'd like to see? A White Sox/Cubs World Series. I am pretty sure the world would end by the first pitch- but that is my dream.

Have some SOX PRIDE!!

Hey there, Jason! Nice to have you back again!

amace020
07-16-2004, 12:53 AM
I don't get the reference. Jason?

ClaudelSleptHere
07-16-2004, 12:57 AM
I would never wish an injury on any player...not even a Cub. In fact, in the spirit of sportsmanship, and after conferring with Dusty, I will offer my solution to Prior's stiffness...MORE INNINGS!!! Welcome back Prior Watch.

DrCrawdad
07-16-2004, 01:04 AM
I would never wish an injury on any player...not even a Cub...

I'm not at all glad to see Prior get hurt. I do enjoy though seeing alot of people shown-up. How many people heard talk about how Prior had perfect mechanics and was nearly injury proof? Then all the praise heaped on Dusty when he runs his pitchers into the ground and then to see them (Prior, Wood & Zambrano) run of gas in the playoffs last year was enjoyable, to a degree.

pearso66
07-16-2004, 01:06 AM
I'm not at all glad to see Prior get hurt. I do enjoy though seeing alot of people shown-up. How many people heard talk about how Prior had perfect mechanics and was nearly injury proof? Then all the praise heaped on Dusty when he runs his pitchers into the ground and then to see them (Prior, Wood & Zambrano) run of gas in the playoffs last year was enjoyable, to a degree.
All I ever heard from Cubs fans was that Prior had perfect mechanics and could never be injured. I don't like that Prior is hurt, but I laugh at the Cub fans who thought he could never be injured.

StillMissOzzie
07-16-2004, 01:07 AM
Maybe the Star-Ledger was onto something...
I can't get the link to work, DrCrawdad, but you say this was known back in March? And the sCrUBS kept it hush-hush for all this time?

SMO
:gulp:

JRIG
07-16-2004, 01:13 AM
My thoughts:

Prior has had this elbow thing since the end of last year along with the Achilles injury. The Cubs hope an offseason of rest will heal the problem. No go. Two months into the season Prior knows, and the Cubs know the elbow still doesn't feel right. The Cubs go to Prior and say, "Look. We know you're sore. But our World Series chances are going right out the window. Why don't you come back and see how it feels?" The Cubs, by doing this, learn nothing from the Kerry Wood fiasco of late '98 and '99.

So Prior and his Dad, deeply protective of Prior's arm and career, come back and say, "Fine. We'll give it a shot. But after a month if it still hurts we're pulling the plug on this sucker. And GODDAMN IT, get that bulldog Baker off my son's/my back! 90 pitches tops! And if my son/I go over that mark, I shut everyrhing down."

Cubs say fine, no problem. Baker, by force, is compelled to stop riding Prior like a rented mule. And a month later, after extra time off, things still aren't right. So Prior shuts it down. And will have surgery. And will be out until next July.

Thanks for playing. Have fun the rest of the season.

Nellie_Fox
07-16-2004, 01:41 AM

You know what I'd like to see? A White Sox/Cubs World Series. I am pretty sure the world would end by the first pitch- but that is my dream.Don't come in here trying to be the voice of reason. We hate the Cubs. Period. The Cubs in the World Series is the worst nightmare for the vast majority of us, even against the Sox. The only good thing about a Sox/Cubs series is the Sox in a series.

Once again tonight, I had to listen to some national sports guy (I don't even remember what show it was on) talking about how the whole world wants to see the Cubs and the Red Sox in the Series because they've been frustrated for so long. No mention of the White Sox at all, even though the Red Sox have both won a Series and been in one more recently than the White Sox.

But we're not cute, we're not loveable, the ballpark isn't a tourist attraction simply by being old.

You know what I'd like to see? The Cubs without Wrigley attracting tourists. Let's see how long their "loveable loser" image would hold up. End of rant. I'm out of breath.

Cubbiesuck13
07-16-2004, 01:45 AM

i was wondering when he would choose another SN and start posting here again. i didn't figure he would make it so obvious.

:dtroll:

Conehead
07-16-2004, 07:47 AM
I can't get the link to work, DrCrawdad, but you say this was known back in March? And the sCrUBS kept it hush-hush for all this time?

SMO
:gulp:Here is a cached version (from April):

http://tinyurl.com/4kkg4

misty60481
07-16-2004, 08:03 AM
Is this the same type of problem that shelved John Leiber a couple of years ago?? I know it took almost 2 full years for him to come back..

elrod
07-16-2004, 09:35 AM
I think this thing's been bothering him for a long time as well, it didn't just pop up last night. My guess is Tommy John at this point - which means he probably won't pitch again until 2006 (maybe a few starts in September 2005). He could be stellar after that point but it's obvious he's got a serious problem in the elbow.

I also think Baker's job will be in jeopardy after this. If the Cubs don't end up making the playoffs expect Baker to get fired for working Prior into this injury (126 pitches per start for a 24 year old is inexcusable).

Jerko
07-16-2004, 09:47 AM
Did the SCRUBS know about this, or was Mr. Perfect keeping it from them? If he had pain this whole time he's a moron for not telling anyone about it. Didn't he keep his last injury quiet? I thought he got hurt (achilles) at the end of the regular season but pitched with it in the playoffs which is supposeldy what screwed up his arm in the first place? And didn't he limp off the mound last night? Who limps because their elbow hurts? Add that to the fact that you can't trust one word, no, one LETTER that comes out of Baker's yap and this kid might be shelved for a while, or at the very least, never be the same. How do you screw up when you're that good that young? No wonder he didn't want to sign 300 autographs, his arm was still hurt this whole time!

DaveIsHere
07-16-2004, 09:57 AM
:dtroll: :dtroll: It is very distressing that some of you are revelling in an injury to an opposing player, just because he plays for the Cubs.

Have some SOX PRIDE!!
:dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll:

Tekijawa
07-16-2004, 10:15 AM
Is this the same type of problem that shelved John Leiber a couple of years ago?? I know it took almost 2 full years for him to come back..
GREAT 2 YEARS OF PRIOR WATCH!!! I've trippled my Tribune Subscription just to make sure I don't miss a second of his rehab!

Baby Fisk
07-16-2004, 10:22 AM
The Lansing Lugnuts just sold out for 2005.

thepaulbowski
07-16-2004, 10:58 AM
that your hair looks great. It's 98% natural, right?
This reminds of a quick story...I was on hold to make reservations at Harry Caray's and they play clips of Harry saying off the wall things and one of the m was him asking Santo if he wore that "hat" to bed at night. I've never started laughing while on hold before. :)

Iwritecode
07-16-2004, 11:36 AM
Don't come in here trying to be the voice of reason. We hate the Cubs. Period. The Cubs in the World Series is the worst nightmare for the vast majority of us, even against the Sox. The only good thing about a Sox/Cubs series is the Sox in a series.

Once again tonight, I had to listen to some national sports guy (I don't even remember what show it was on) talking about how the whole world wants to see the Cubs and the Red Sox in the Series because they've been frustrated for so long. No mention of the White Sox at all, even though the Red Sox have both won a Series and been in one more recently than the White Sox.

But we're not cute, we're not loveable, the ballpark isn't a tourist attraction simply by being old.

You know what I'd like to see? The Cubs without Wrigley attracting tourists. Let's see how long their "loveable loser" image would hold up. End of rant. I'm out of breath.

Just be glad you missed the special they had on ESPN classic the other day. They were talking about the 2 teams and how they were "cursed".

I guess that's our problem. Maybe if we start blaming our woes on some stupid curse that happened a few decades ago, the national media will start feeling sorry for us.

I would at least be nice to be recognized as the second-longest suffering fans in MLB when everyone thinks it's the Red Sox...

DrCrawdad
07-16-2004, 11:38 AM
This reminds of a quick story...I was on hold to make reservations at Harry Caray's and they play clips of Harry saying off the wall things and one of the m was him asking Santo if he wore that "hat" to bed at night. I've never started laughing while on hold before. :)

That's a good one!
:redneck

Mickster
07-16-2004, 11:47 AM
Any update from the MRI taken on the Holy Elbow yet?

DrCrawdad
07-16-2004, 12:12 PM
http://www.homeruncards.com/imagesrc/morandini.jpg
"Mark Prior is the Savior..." - Mickey Morondini, July 16 2004 on The SCORE.

DrCrawdad
07-16-2004, 12:20 PM
I wonder if Cubbie broadcasters/propagandists mentioned Ryan Dempster's "performance" yesterday?

http://home.mindspring.com/~dcrosby101/Dempster71504

Flight #24
07-16-2004, 01:02 PM
I also think Baker's job will be in jeopardy after this. If the Cubs don't end up making the playoffs expect Baker to get fired for working Prior into this injury (126 pitches per start for a 24 year old is inexcusable).
Just wait until Zambrano comes up lame. You know it's coming - young arms aren't meant for the combo of violent delivery and high pitch counts that he's got.

In Dusty we trusty!!!! The motto of the MRI technicians union.

Kogs35
07-16-2004, 01:26 PM
Datline Chicago:

In a shocking move today the Chicago Cubs have Fired Manager Dusty Baker. General Manager Jim Hendry has said the reason for the firing was for the loss of Messiah "Mark" Prior for 2 seasons. Hendry has named Pitching Coach Larry Rothschild Manager.

For more information on this story watch fox news in the morning where nacy loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo will cry her heart out. "In Dustry we Trusty :whiner: "

daveeym
07-16-2004, 01:50 PM
http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/chc/news/chc_news.jsp?ymd=20040715&content_id=800590&vkey=news_chc&fext=.jspCHICAGO -- Chicago Cubs pitcher Mark Prior, who missed the first two months of the season with a sore Achilles, had to leave Thursday's game after 1 2/3 innings after experiencing discomfort in the back of his right elbow. That does not sound good, probably means his bones are clicking because his ligament is weak. He probably needs a bone scan over an MRI.

daveeym
07-16-2004, 01:55 PM
In other news the Cubs just signed a new team doctor Hey the cubs team dr., Dr. Michael Schaffer, did my tommy john surgery. He's a great guy and an excellent doctor well into his twilight years now. He handles immediate situations while the sugeries get shipped off to andrews now. More than likely Prior was told, doesn't look good, we always try to rehab first though, Prior rehabbed and fought through the pain, and now just can't hack it anymore.

daveeym
07-16-2004, 01:59 PM
My thoughts:

Prior has had this elbow thing since the end of last year along with the Achilles injury. The Cubs hope an offseason of rest will heal the problem. No go. Two months into the season Prior knows, and the Cubs know the elbow still doesn't feel right. The Cubs go to Prior and say, "Look. We know you're sore. But our World Series chances are going right out the window. Why don't you come back and see how it feels?" The Cubs, by doing this, learn nothing from the Kerry Wood fiasco of late '98 and '99.

So Prior and his Dad, deeply protective of Prior's arm and career, come back and say, "Fine. We'll give it a shot. But after a month if it still hurts we're pulling the plug on this sucker. And GODDAMN IT, get that bulldog Baker off my son's/my back! 90 pitches tops! And if my son/I go over that mark, I shut everyrhing down."

Cubs say fine, no problem. Baker, by force, is compelled to stop riding Prior like a rented mule. And a month later, after extra time off, things still aren't right. So Prior shuts it down. And will have surgery. And will be out until next July.

Thanks for playing. Have fun the rest of the season. Doubt it happened that way, probably happened like this, rest and rehab is the best thing we can do other than surgery, you're not going to damage it any further than it already is, you can pitch as long as you can stand the pain but once you can't anymore it's under the knife.

owensmouth
07-16-2004, 02:24 PM
Just heard on ESPN (online) Radio - MRI was negative. No structural damage to ligaments, etc. They're still awaiting results of bone scan.

HomeFish
07-16-2004, 02:34 PM
Just heard on ESPN (online) Radio - MRI was negative. No structural damage to ligaments, etc. They're still awaiting results of bone scan.

My official statement:

:whiner: :whiner: :angry:

Tekijawa
07-16-2004, 02:42 PM
I guess this means that He'll probably "only miss one start"

See ya Next year Mark!

amace020
07-16-2004, 03:18 PM
:whoflungpoo

:crossdresser

Amace, your tsk-tsk posts are getting old. Go sing it somewhere else, OK?

HebrewHammer
07-16-2004, 03:22 PM
Many of you so-called Sox fans are showing some serious character issues for cheering an injury.

I wonder why the national media doesn't want to give the Sox their due?

Anyway- you can stop the celebration. Latest reports say no TJ surgery for Prior.

The main point- who cares about the Cubs? We should be focused on the Sox, and the Sox' real rivals- the Twins, the Tribe, the Tigers!

We play six games against the Cubs a year- and you spend all that time hating them?

Hating things only gives things power over you.

Sox Pride, people. Let's focus on getting Frank back, and putting the
hurt on the A's for the rest of the series this weekend.This is where I tell you that I'm sick of all the Cubpoganda I'm forced to listen to, and you tell me that everyone in Chicago should root for both teams, ah screw it, let's just skip to the:dtroll:

Flight #24
07-16-2004, 03:47 PM
Many of you so-called Sox fans are showing some serious character issues for cheering an injury.

Anyway- you can stop the celebration. Latest reports say no TJ surgery for Prior.

The main point- who cares about the Cubs? We should be focused on the Sox, and the Sox' real rivals- the Twins, the Tribe, the Tigers!

We play six games against the Cubs a year- and you spend all that time hating them?

Sox Pride, people. Let's focus on getting Frank back, and putting the hurt on the A's for the rest of the series this weekend.
Allow me to reiterate what has been (and will likely be) said.

I'm not rooting against Mark Prior as a person or player or hoping that he has a serious injury. I AM rooting for the Cubs to lose and miss the playoffs. I AM rooting for the biased media to have to eat crow for all of their focus on this as the supposed "Summer of Cub". I AM rooting for all of the annoying, bandwagon Cub fans to shut the heck up so I don't have to be constantly deluged with comments on the Cubs pending WS appearance. I AM rooting for the Sox to FINALLY get their due as the 1st place, winning team in town - something that unfortunately wil only happen if the Sox win while the Cubs lose.

The fact that all of that happens due to an injury to Prior is unfortunate, but again - the injury is not the main point here.

Hangar18
07-16-2004, 03:50 PM

Sox Pride, people. Let's focus on getting Frank back, and putting the hurt on the A's for the rest of the series this weekend.
how many times will I see a post like this one?
A: IM sick of the cubpoganda and the way the Media twists Facts in order to favor that team.
B: the cubs ARENT good for baseball, at least in the way Bud Selig envisions it. Who would think a Joke franchise like them would simply be able to PURCHASE all the players they need .........theyre lineup today
resembles the nl allstar team .............

Hangar18
07-16-2004, 03:55 PM
Bottom line is this. I hate to "normally" say Im cheering an Injury,

but heck yes! I hope he is injured. However, lets not bombard me with

"your evil, how can you wish that" or "your giving sox fans a bad name",

I dont wish ILL HEALTH, or Death, which is far worse. He'll be just fine folks.
Too bad, if he doesnt pitch anymore in baseball, wahhhhhh, he'll have to
get a job like the rest of us. But he wont even have to do that either....
thanks to Bud Seligs Conflict-of-Interested dealings with the Twins,
and for The Messiahs over the top Contract Demands.
Anything that STOPS/Slows Down THE OUTRAGEOUS CYCLE of MEDIA IRRESPONSIBILITY is WELCOME TO ME.

daveeym
07-16-2004, 05:27 PM
Just heard on ESPN (online) Radio - MRI was negative. No structural damage to ligaments, etc. They're still awaiting results of bone scan. Yeah as i said above let's see the results of the bone scan, just cuz the MRI doesn't show damage doesn't mean the ligament is robust. So 3 possibilities 1. It's either true that it's robust or 2. just as likely that they're down playing the seriousness of it (not like they've done that at all this year), or 3. whoever made the announcement just heard that the mri was negative and aren't totally informed.

Jerko
07-16-2004, 06:24 PM
Yeah as i said above let's see the results of the bone scan, just cuz the MRI doesn't show damage doesn't mean the ligament is robust. So 3 possibilities 1. It's either true that it's robust or 2. just as likely that they're down playing the seriousness of it (not like they've done that at all this year), or 3. whoever made the announcement just heard that the mri was negative and aren't totally informed.
Or 4, it's really his achilles again

HomeFish
07-16-2004, 07:28 PM
At least Matt Clement got the job done today. 3-2 Brew Crew, FINAL. :bandance:

Aidan
07-16-2004, 07:30 PM
They were ripping on Prior being soft on the Score. They were saying that Hendry described Prior's ligament as "robust" to further rip on Prior. Hendry is getting fed up with Prior missing time. Remember how long he was out after the collision with Giles? 2 months.

HomeFish
07-16-2004, 07:32 PM
They were ripping on Prior being soft on the Score. They were saying that Hendry described Prior's ligament as "robust" to further rip on Prior. Hendry is getting fed up with Prior missing time. Remember how long he was out after the collision with Giles? 2 months.

Yet during the playoffs everyone was playing up how Prior missing so much time made him fresher for the postseason and therefore more dangerous.

WSox8404
07-16-2004, 11:18 PM
Yet during the playoffs everyone was playing up how Prior missing so much time made him fresher for the postseason and therefore more dangerous.
Ha. We all see how that turned out.........

daveeym
07-17-2004, 02:24 PM
Or 4, it's really his achilles again Lets take that out of teal and add 5. That 10 cent head of his.