PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Merchandise...

StrTrkker
07-15-2004, 02:48 PM
Unreal...

I been on a quest the last few days to get some different Sox Tees and caps and most of the stores (90% or so) that I went to have an overstock of Cubs crap but hardly any Sox stiff. One Kohls I went to had about (no Kidding) close to 200 Cubs shirts n caps but maybe only 10 Sox stuff.

Unreal...I did find a few Jewel stores that had 50/50 of Sox/Cubs stuff but most stores...Target, Kmart, Meijer was 10 to 1 of Cubs junk.

Im in Joliet area and this is how the local stores are around here...

Hows it everywhere else?

eriqjaffe
07-15-2004, 02:56 PM
Unreal...

I been on a quest the last few days to get some different Sox Tees and caps and most of the stores (90% or so) that I went to have an overstock of Cubs crap but hardly any Sox stiff. One Kohls I went to had about (no Kidding) close to 200 Cubs shirts n caps but maybe only 10 Sox stuff.

Unreal...I did find a few Jewel stores that had 50/50 of Sox/Cubs stuff but most stores...Target, Kmart, Meijer was 10 to 1 of Cubs junk.

Hows it everywhere else?
I'm in the NW 'burbs...as expected, it's about a 10:1 ratio of Cubs:Sox merchandise.

But when you consider that it was more like 20:0 at the beginning of the season, it's a bit better. Heck, I can go to Target and find a White Sox shirt for my 3-year-old...I couldn't find anything at the beginning of the season.

--Eriq.

MrRoboto83
07-15-2004, 02:56 PM
I went to the Kohl's right here in NW Indiana, and there was no Sox anything, but a whole wall of Flub wear, I told the store clerk they lost a customer for life. They had nothing Sox, what kind of world is this!! I had to order stuff on MLB.com, and it's a little expensive there.

MarkM2112
07-15-2004, 03:01 PM
Yesterday, at the Wal-Mart in Crystal Lake, the ratio was around 60/40 cubs/SOX... including the kids department, where I just picked up a kids sized SOX hat for my 2 1/2 year old daughter... (and at $4.44! what a bargain!!!) (I have been looking for kids sized SOX caps since she was BORN!!!) I have found that Wal-Mart has about as fair a ratio that I have seen, since the cubs have won their division last year, so they might have ordered extra stuff because of that...

infohawk
07-15-2004, 03:26 PM
I am a transplanted Chicagoan residing near Springfield, IL and rarely find a good selection of Sox attire in any of the stores. Most of the stores are well-stocked with Cubs and Cardinals merchandise. One exception is Meijer, which carries a decent selection of Sox hats and t-shirts along with the Cub/Cardinal merchandise.

OzzieBall2004
07-15-2004, 03:29 PM
Im on the NW side of the city and its probably like Cubs 5: Sox 1.

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-15-2004, 04:05 PM
I just moved to the rockford area and these people must be huge bandwagon fans. I NEVER see white sox stuff. My mom saw a shirt at Kohl's though, so she bought it for me. The only thing I've found was a nice hat for $9.99 at Finishline. Even when I lived in Schaumburg, I did most of my white sox shopping on the net and at the park.

DaveIsHere
07-15-2004, 04:07 PM
While we are on the Subject of merchansie

I need to find a pink White Sox Visor, I cannot find one anywhere

ewokpelts
07-15-2004, 04:11 PM
While we are on the Subject of merchansie

I need to find a pink White Sox Visor, I cannot find one anywhere
ballpark...16 bucks...or go to grandstand
Gene

SoxBoy14
07-15-2004, 04:12 PM
I'm on the border of Lisle and Naperville and most of the stores are about 5-1 cubs over Sox. But at the Sports Authority they have an equal amount of both cubs and Sox stuff. One of the stores around my neighborhood that is privately owned is full of Sox, Bulls, Bears, and Blackhawk posters on the wall, but the cubs are absent, which means they get more business from me.

Blob
07-15-2004, 04:14 PM
Unreal...

Hows it everywhere else?
I'd like to think of it as the stores are just selling out of the Sox stuff faster!!! That's why there isn't a lot around.

All the bandwagon jumpers, ya know...:)

skobabe8
07-15-2004, 05:14 PM
Its about 80% cubs, 15% sox, and 5% yankees here in the region. Its unreal. I went to an MC Sports recently and I asked the manager where I could find the "sox section", knowing full well there basically wasn't one. She led me in a circle of cubbie blue until she finally said "I guess we don't have any." "Why?", I asked back. She responded, "The cubs are more popular, and they did really good last year." A response to that statement would have kept me there all night. If I boycott every store that is like this one, I wouldnt have anywhere to go. :angry:

cbrownson13
07-15-2004, 05:19 PM
Unreal...

Hows it everywhere else?

I'm in Joliet also. I got a Flexfit '83 Logo Sox hat from Lids in Fox Valley. It's pretty cool. There aren't many Sox shirts that I actually like, and I agree they are highly outnumbered by Cubs merchadise. But Cubs are more popular and will sell more. Believe it or not, I bought two really cool Sox shirts in this little store up in Wrigleyville.

jabrch
07-15-2004, 05:20 PM
Once a week, on my way to the train, I walk into the ESPN ZONE gift shop. Assuming there is a different person working the counter (and there almost always is) I ask where the Sox stuff is. They have a bunch of cubs crap - but no Sox stuff. When they tell me they don't carry Sox stuff, i ask why - They never know. I always tell them it is a shame since I would have spent $XXX today on gifts for people (a different number between 100 and 300 usually).

It's fun....

DaveIsHere
07-15-2004, 06:10 PM
ballpark...16 bucks...or go to grandstand
Gene

They do not have then at the Park ,was there this past weekend, the have pink hats, but only blue visors, does grandstand have an online store??

South Side
07-15-2004, 06:35 PM
They do not have then at the Park ,was there this past weekend, the have pink hats, but only blue visors, does grandstand have an online store??

www.grandstandsox.com (http://www.grandstandsox.com)

bigfoot
07-15-2004, 06:45 PM
This too simple folks. The SoxGear is sold out!

~ Of course there's plenty of CobzWear on the shelves. Who'd actually buy and wear that stuff?

lths06
07-15-2004, 07:35 PM
Does anyone know where I can still get the "Sox Pride" t-shirts (other than the Park). I know they used to sell them on whitesox.com, but it is no longer there. Thanks

dividedsk717
07-15-2004, 08:16 PM
While we're asking ... does anyone know if Majestic makes player t-shirts for Mark Buehrle (similar to the Frank Thomas shirt on chisox.com)?

Viva Magglio
07-15-2004, 08:31 PM
I live in the Palos-Orland area, and sometimes I think I'm in damn Schaumburg with all the Cubs crap I see. At my local Jewel, there is more Cubs stuff than Sox stuff. At a sports collectable store at Orland Square, the Cubs items far out numbers the White Sox items. And then I see many people in this area wearing Cubs stuff. It's as if a White Sox stronghold has become infested with Cub fans!

lths06
07-15-2004, 08:55 PM
At a sports collectable store at Orland Square, the Cubs items far out numbers the White Sox items.I know what you're talking about. Its a booth near the center on the 1st floor, right. I live in Lockport and have bought plaques there before. It now sells almost exclusivley cubbie crap. Pretty soon they'll start to sell the Cubbune there...

CallMeNuts
07-15-2004, 10:33 PM
This too simple folks. The SoxGear is sold out!

~ Of course there's plenty of CobzWear on the shelves. Who'd actually buy and wear that stuff?
On the north shore, there is no Sox stuff to be found. Your explanation is what I told my 9 year old.

TDog
07-15-2004, 11:23 PM
Its about 80% cubs, 15% sox, and 5% yankees here in the region. Its unreal. I went to an MC Sports recently and I asked the manager where I could find the "sox section", knowing full well there basically wasn't one. She led me in a circle of cubbie blue until she finally said "I guess we don't have any." "Why?", I asked back. She responded, "The cubs are more popular, and they did really good last year." A response to that statement would have kept me there all night. If I boycott every store that is like this one, I wouldnt have anywhere to go. :angry:
And this store is only 20 minutes from the Cell. I bought a new pair of Nikes there before driving up to the first game of the 2000 playoffs.

It is this sort of attitude that makes it necessary for the Cubs to lose bad this season and have to watch a different Chicago team play in October.

milrtyme28
07-16-2004, 01:23 AM
galyons seems to have an equal display of sox and cubs stuff - i've bought two nuce jerseys there this year at two diff. locations.

Iwritecode
07-16-2004, 09:52 AM
I just moved to the rockford area and these people must be huge bandwagon fans. I NEVER see white sox stuff. My mom saw a shirt at Kohl's though, so she bought it for me. The only thing I've found was a nice hat for $9.99 at Finishline. Even when I lived in Schaumburg, I did most of my white sox shopping on the net and at the park.

I've always thought Kohls was pretty 50/50. Stores like Wal-Mart, K-Mart and Target usually seem to have more Cubs stuff.

Whatever you do, don't read the paper and expect fair coverage. I noticed that the last game played before the AS break the Cubs moving to within 7 games of first was front page news while the Sox completing a sweep of the Mariners to move into FIRST was a small hard to find column on page 2...

bigfoot
07-16-2004, 12:51 PM
I've always thought Kohls was pretty 50/50. Stores like Wal-Mart, K-Mart and Target usually seem to have more Cubs stuff.

Whatever you do, don't read the paper and expect fair coverage. I noticed that the last game played before the AS break the Cubs moving to within 7 games of first was front page news while the Sox completing a sweep of the Mariners to move into FIRST was a small hard to find column on page 2...
IWC, you have to understand the meaning of the term 'news'. The unusual, out the ordinary, remarkable.
~The Sox IN first place, well don't we expect this? We know the Sox should be in first. This is not news. We SoxFans, are disappointed if the Sox are not in first place. We stay away from Comiskey when the Sox are not in/or near first place. Now that the Sox ARE in first place, the fans that appreciate a winning ballclub will fill the stands. Not to revel at the weeds on the walls, but to cheer on a winner!
~The Scum of the North, ONLY 7 games back, in July,... people, THAT'S NEWS! Check the record, it doesn't happen very often.
~Besides, anyone can have a bad century.

steff
07-16-2004, 01:01 PM
Kohls in Plainfield on 59, and the one in Naperville on 59 both have Sox stuff. So does the Target by Louis Joliet Mall

Brian26
07-16-2004, 04:16 PM
Kohls in Plainfield on 59, and the one in Naperville on 59 both have Sox stuff. So does the Target by Louis Joliet Mall

God, I hate that mall. :D: I hear Jefferson Square doesn't even exist anymore too.

StrTrkker
07-16-2004, 07:54 PM
God, I hate that mall. :D: I hear Jefferson Square doesn't even exist anymore too.
Oh...Jefferson Square has long been gone. I think Louis Joliet Mall has gotta be THE crappiest mall in the Chicago area.

Living in Joliet...I know that to be true.

steff
07-17-2004, 06:24 AM
Oh...Jefferson Square has long been gone. I think Louis Joliet Mall has gotta be THE crappiest mall in the Chicago area.

Living in Joliet...I know that to be true.
What's bad about it? It's the least congested mall within 100 miles, and the merchandise isn't picked over. The Fields there is the best, IMO. Better than OakBrook. And the sales people are nicer since it's not as crowded.

StrTrkker
07-17-2004, 10:05 AM
What's bad about it? It's the least congested mall within 100 miles, and the merchandise isn't picked over. The Fields there is the best, IMO. Better than OakBrook. And the sales people are nicer since it's not as crowded.
Basically all the malls seem to be less congested during the day compared to weekend shopping where the teens seem to run rapid.

I like the Fields in Orland Park better. Its a bigger store with more of a selection.

What a minnit...I mean my wife likes it better. Shes the shopper...

:redneck

BTW...anyone seen any vehicle Sox stuff at stores like ...AutoZone, Murrays or Pep Boys?

steff
07-17-2004, 11:24 AM
Basically all the malls seem to be less congested during the day compared to weekend shopping where the teens seem to run rapid.

I like the Fields in Orland Park better. Its a bigger store with more of a selection.

What a minnit...I mean my wife likes it better. Shes the shopper...

:redneck

BTW...anyone seen any vehicle Sox stuff at stores like ...AutoZone, Murrays or Pep Boys?

While it might seem that way... I don't have free time to shop during the weekday as I have a job. :D:

I live in Plainfield, so LJ is where I go. I'm not sure of the last time you were there, but the Fields IMO is nicer at LJ than Orland (where I was last weekend while out by my folks place). And Orland is a rat race to get in and out of all the time.

Pep Boys has Sox decals and license plate brackets.

Brian26
07-18-2004, 10:21 AM
While it might seem that way... I don't have free time to shop during the weekday as I have a job. :D:

I live in Plainfield, so LJ is where I go. I'm not sure of the last time you were there, but the Fields IMO is nicer at LJ than Orland (where I was last weekend while out by my folks place). And Orland is a rat race to get in and out of all the time.

LaGrange Road is a MESS. With all of the lights, it can take forever just to get from 159th St to 143rd St.

I grew up by LJ, so I just despise it for that reason. Haven't been over there in almost 9 or 10 years though. I understand it has changed a lot. I can't believe their Fields would be better than Oak Brook though. The Oak Brook store is huge and has several floors.

steff
07-19-2004, 05:10 AM
LaGrange Road is a MESS. With all of the lights, it can take forever just to get from 159th St to 143rd St.

I grew up by LJ, so I just despise it for that reason. Haven't been over there in almost 9 or 10 years though. I understand it has changed a lot. I can't believe their Fields would be better than Oak Brook though. The Oak Brook store is huge and has several floors.

It's the service that stinks. The sales people are ignorant about where they work - not knowing where deprtments are, etc..

And they are rude.

StrTrkker
07-19-2004, 12:18 PM
FYI...

Kmart stores have quite a bit of Sox stuff there. I was at the Joliet store near the mall and they had quite a bit of Caps and Tees. The Sox Caps are the solid black & 2 tone ones priced for $9.99.

The Tees are different in styles and range from $9.99 to $14.99. They even have ladies Tees & Sleepware as well...