PDA

View Full Version : Emails from a cubs fan

soxwon
07-14-2004, 11:18 PM
There is a cubs fan at work, and we are continuesly going back and forth.
here are some of his comments, what do you people think?
Cubs fan:
We'll see what happens at the end of the year...the thing that I love is that if we make the playoffs (I know, that is if) nobody wants to Play the Cubs...when healthy we are the best team in the NL if not possibly all of MLB. The truth will be told in October...
Me: i said "DO i hear a small voice"
Cubs fan:
No small voices...I could talk big all I want...no need to say that through the first half of the season, even though the Cubs have had over half the roster on the DL we have more wins than the WS...we swept you in a 3 game series, won 4 of 6 against the Sox in both series combined, we are more feared than the WS and when in the Playoffs, the Cubs know that it will be more than just 3 games and out like it would be for the sox IF they make the Playoffs...that the Cubs play not only in a division that has everyone at or above .500 except one team and the Sox have only 2 above .500, but the AL has 7 teams below .500 and the NL has only 4, better competition in the NL, Cubs have better pitching, they have real fans that show up for games and the only reason why the "CELL" was packed was because 50% were Cubs fans. Cubs fans not only go to Wrigley Games but everywhere, did you hear Busch over the weekend, half the stadium were Chanting for the Cubs, the Cubs have 3 players on the allstar team and even though the Sox should have more, so should the Cubs (Ram). I could keep going if you want...
You can keep talking all you want...with Thomas out for God knows how long, you will start seeing injuries affect your team like it did to the Cubs...it is only the beginning, it now depends how they play without a big bat in the lineup......we'll see what time provides to both our teams. I don't think the word Jealous is correct( ihad said it sounds like the cubs fans are jealous, because we play in a so called CRAPPY division)
, I am never jealous of the Sox...I won't and didn't deny that the sox should have had more on the allstar team, but so should have the Cubs...I'll let the season talk for itself and you can keep talking all you want if it makes you feel better...

(I mentioned sosa should have said thanks but no thanks to the all stars, he should have said since I missed a month, i dont deserve it, my friend Aramis does)
Cubs Fan:
Sammy went because the Fans choose him to be there...The game is for the fans and he belonged there, maybe not because of what he did this year, but what he has done consistently...also he had good stats this year anyway, he missed 1 month of the season and he still has 16 homers...imagine what he would have done with a healthy back (insert jabs about sneezing here). Who doesn't deserve to be there is Barry Larkin. About Maggs and Thomas, there weren't there not only because they really didn't deserve it this year (although Thomas May have, I just think that as a DH there is no room for you on the Allstar team. There is no room in baseball for a DH...I am a strong advocate of Defense...as a matter of fact, I prefer defense.

Some pretty funny things here, i like the part about 3 and out, when we make it this year its for the long hall.
and the part about cubs have real fans, thats a laugher!!!
so what do you think?

WSox8404
07-14-2004, 11:22 PM
Tell him to kiss your ass and then ask him when is the last time they won it all. I know we haven't won it for a while either, but they should only stop talking if and when they finally win it all.

C-Dawg
07-14-2004, 11:34 PM
The Cubs know that it will be more than just 3 games and out like it would be for the sox IF they make the Playoffs...

Heh heh... Yeah the Cubs know all about losing three times in a playoff series since they were SWEPT by Atlanta in 1998 if I remember right.

They have real fans that show up for games and the only reason why the "CELL" was packed was because 50% were Cubs fans.

I wonder if this guy realizes that Wrigley is packed not just with fans, but with tourists. The days when fans could go to Wrigley whenever they wanted are over - now its whoever has the cash gets the tickets.

oeo
07-15-2004, 12:51 AM
There is a cubs fan at work, and we are continuesly going back and forth.
here are some of his comments, what do you people think?
Cubs fan:
We'll see what happens at the end of the year...the thing that I love is that if we make the playoffs (I know, that is if) nobody wants to Play the Cubs...when healthy we are the best team in the NL if not possibly all of MLB. The truth will be told in October...
Me: i said "DO i hear a small voice"
Cubs fan:
No small voices...I could talk big all I want...no need to say that through the first half of the season, even though the Cubs have had over half the roster on the DL we have more wins than the WS...we swept you in a 3 game series, won 4 of 6 against the Sox in both series combined, we are more feared than the WS and when in the Playoffs, the Cubs know that it will be more than just 3 games and out like it would be for the sox IF they make the Playoffs...that the Cubs play not only in a division that has everyone at or above .500 except one team and the Sox have only 2 above .500, but the AL has 7 teams below .500 and the NL has only 4, better competition in the NL, Cubs have better pitching, they have real fans that show up for games and the only reason why the "CELL" was packed was because 50% were Cubs fans. Cubs fans not only go to Wrigley Games but everywhere, did you hear Busch over the weekend, half the stadium were Chanting for the Cubs, the Cubs have 3 players on the allstar team and even though the Sox should have more, so should the Cubs (Ram). I could keep going if you want...
You can keep talking all you want...with Thomas out for God knows how long, you will start seeing injuries affect your team like it did to the Cubs...it is only the beginning, it now depends how they play without a big bat in the lineup......we'll see what time provides to both our teams. I don't think the word Jealous is correct( ihad said it sounds like the cubs fans are jealous, because we play in a so called CRAPPY division)
, I am never jealous of the Sox...I won't and didn't deny that the sox should have had more on the allstar team, but so should have the Cubs...I'll let the season talk for itself and you can keep talking all you want if it makes you feel better...

(I mentioned sosa should have said thanks but no thanks to the all stars, he should have said since I missed a month, i dont deserve it, my friend Aramis does)
Cubs Fan:
Sammy went because the Fans choose him to be there...The game is for the fans and he belonged there, maybe not because of what he did this year, but what he has done consistently...also he had good stats this year anyway, he missed 1 month of the season and he still has 16 homers...imagine what he would have done with a healthy back (insert jabs about sneezing here). Who doesn't deserve to be there is Barry Larkin. About Maggs and Thomas, there weren't there not only because they really didn't deserve it this year (although Thomas May have, I just think that as a DH there is no room for you on the Allstar team. There is no room in baseball for a DH...I am a strong advocate of Defense...as a matter of fact, I prefer defense.

Some pretty funny things here, i like the part about 3 and out, when we make it this year its for the long hall.
and the part about cubs have real fans, thats a laugher!!!
so what do you think?
Man, this guy has some great points.

The Cubs have more wins? One more win, and two more losses, we have the better percentage.

Also, I love how Cubs fans blame all their misfortunes out this tight race in the NL Central...the Cubs are in second place and are 7 games back from the Cards. One close race you've got there. Just face it; you're team hasn't performed and they won't perform.

milrtyme28
07-15-2004, 01:08 AM
"do they still play the blues (on the north side of ) chicago when baseball season rolls around, when the snow melts away - do the cubbies still play in thier ivy covered burial ground?

when i was a boy they were my pride and joy - but now they only bring fatigue, to the home of the brave, the land of the free, and the DOORMAT of the national league!!"

- steve goodwin

Whitesox029
07-15-2004, 09:33 PM
This is a typical example of idiotic ranting from a stupid cub fan. Let it roll right off your back. Vengeance will be had.