PDA

View Full Version : The Final Game

Viva Magglio
09-27-2001, 12:26 AM
I can't believe we're here already. Tomorrow afternoon marks the final home game of the season. It just seems like a week ago I was in Tucson watching us beat the Cubs in at Tucson Electric Park. I am using a vacation day off of work tomorrow so that I can be on hand for this 2001 adieu.

Despite how disappointing this season was, I will miss White Sox baseball dearly. Sure, I have exciting Northwestern football to keep me busy. And then there is not-so-exciting Loyola basketball to carry me from the end of NU's season to Tucson. However, it is the White Sox I miss the most during their offseason.

We'll (hopefully) have Soxfest 2002 to help us deal with our Sox withdrawal, but I'll miss everything aura of the White Sox season from buying my routine hot dog extra value meal to the "Home Run of the Century" intro to hearing that guy bellow "Let's go White Sox!!!" to Mágglio Ordóńez's Pepsi commercial. Bring on Opening Day 2002 already...that is if labor strife doesn't wreck that.

GASHWOUND
09-27-2001, 12:41 AM
We still have the Bulls, Bears,and Blackhawks to entertain us!!!

Uhhh, the season is almost over, Oh nooooo, we're not gonna have anything to watch... When the season does end, what do you guys talk about in THE SOX CLUBHOUSE? Offseason moves?

I just hope we finish this season ona good note...Like a long winning steak. :)

FarWestChicago
09-27-2001, 12:56 AM
Uhhh, the season is almost over, Oh nooooo, we're not gonna have anything to watch... When the season does end, what do you guys talk about in THE SOX CLUBHOUSE? Offseason moves? Yeah, we talk about off season moves and all sorts of stuff. We didn't have The Parking Lot last year. I imagine it will get a real workout this winter.

CLR01
09-27-2001, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
We still have the Bulls, Bears,and Blackhawks to entertain us!!!

Uhhh, the season is almost over, Oh nooooo, we're not gonna have anything to watch... When the season does end, what do you guys talk about in THE SOX CLUBHOUSE? Offseason moves?

:messica

She was a favorite last off season. That is when DSL originated.

LongDistanceFan
09-27-2001, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by CLR01

She was a favorite last off season. That is when DSL originated. one of my favorite moments and a term i will never forget............ DSL ....... i am cursed, i can never look at a lady with pouty lips and not laugh.