PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Tribune article on KW's "Tinkering"...

Aidan
07-14-2004, 10:36 PM
"Tinkering works—so far"
By Dave van Dyck

GM Ken Williams never met a trade he didn't like, or at least wouldn't consider, and his moves have helped the Sox to 1st place at the break.
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-040713soxrowcenter,1,477562.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

:jerry
"Hey, I'm the only Tinkerer in this town!"

:KW
"Aren't you gone yet?"

Timo Perez for Carl Everett

This may not be fair to Perez, who actually was brought in as an extra outfielder. Everett was an everyday player who was replaced by Aaron Rowand/Willie Harris, and a favorite of Williams. Nonetheless, Perez has been a good pickup, even though he cost the Sox pitcher Matt Ginter. While he comes with far less baggage than Everett, he never will be capable of producing the same statistics.I didn't realize KW loved Crazy Carl so much. I could definately see him going after Carl again, especially if Frank needs surgery.

npdempse
07-14-2004, 11:28 PM
He neglects to mention in the Garcia for Colon section what an overpaid sack of White Castles Bartolo has turned out to be this season.

But a decent read overall.

doublem23
07-14-2004, 11:31 PM
I wonder where Dave van Dyck came up with his headline. :rolleyes:

Aidan
07-15-2004, 12:03 AM
He neglects to mention in the Garcia for Colon section what an overpaid sack of White Castles Bartolo has turned out to be this season.Colon isn't a sack of White Castle's, he's a Crave Case of 30. :tongue:

doctor30th
07-15-2004, 12:28 AM
I didn't realize KW loved Crazy Carl so much. I could definately see him going after Carl again, especially if Frank needs surgery
I don't think this article was referring to KW getting Carl again, I think it was just comparing the 2 players.

On an unrealted not anyone Here DJ during the Expos series, When Carl Everet Short armed a ball in left field and missed the catch DJ said "Carl Everett Tyranasaured that ball out there...that is, If he believed in them"

Made me laugh.

Aidan
07-15-2004, 02:51 AM
I don't think this article was referring to KW getting Carl again, I think it was just comparing the 2 players.

On an unrealted not anyone Here DJ during the Expos series, When Carl Everet Short armed a ball in left field and missed the catch DJ said "Carl Everett Tyranasaured that ball out there...that is, If he believed in them"

Made me laugh.Yeah, I remember that. One of the few times DJ was actually funny.

I know the article wasn't referring to KW getting Carl again but I sure wouldn't mind it at all. If Borchard doesn't pan out, get Carl back to be our switch-hitting DH.