PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo Sports show White Sox no respect!!!

ma_deuce
07-14-2004, 05:26 PM
Link to Insulting Caption (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/photo?slug=mp10407142004.twins_midseason_mp104&prov=ap)

The following is the caption under the above link:

Although the Minnesota Twins have been in first place most of the season, crowds have been disappointing. . But the Twins believe the crowds will be bigger in the second half, with the Red Sox and Yankees on the schedule and what could be a three-way division race with the Tigers and the Indians. Photo made during June 25, 2004 game with Milwaukee. (AP PhotoJim Mone,file)

Tigers and the Indians!?!?! Who are they crappin! :angry:

Deuce

bobj4400
07-14-2004, 05:29 PM
Link to Insulting Caption (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/photo?slug=mp10407142004.twins_midseason_mp104&prov=ap)

Deuce
Are they implying a three way race for second place between the Tigers, Indians, and Twins? That is how I chose to read the caption at least...

thecell
07-14-2004, 05:34 PM
Are they implying a three way race for second place between the Tigers, Indians, and Twins? That is how I chose to read the caption at least...
Me too. It will be exciting for them to compete for 2nd place.

Tekijawa
07-14-2004, 05:40 PM
Me too. It will be exciting for them to compete for 2nd place.
Especially with the Bigger Crowds that they'll have in the second half!:bandance: :bandance:

DGSWR81
07-14-2004, 05:41 PM

Deuce
:mad: <-- I actually made that face at this travashamockery.:angry:

Foulke You
07-14-2004, 07:36 PM
Sometimes it seems media publications go out of their way to ignore us. Good lord, how can you make a division race prediction that doesn't include the team that is currently in the lead? Morons.:angry:

he_gone_89
07-14-2004, 07:57 PM
well,since they actually are at this point,standingswise,they could be talking about 2nd place/wildcard

Huisj
07-14-2004, 08:29 PM
they used the word division in the caption though, which implies the division title. i think they're just dumb.

Kadafi311
07-14-2004, 08:47 PM
Where is Gary Coleman when I need him...

WhiteSoxFan84
07-14-2004, 09:15 PM
It's pretty confusing seeing that and seeing this... http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpcDBuM2RlBF9TAzk1ODYxNzc3BHNlYwN0 aA--?slug=ap-secondhalf&prov=ap&type=lgns

(Can't use HTML here? what the heck)

I think whoever wrote that (caption under picture) made a mistake or is just an idiot.

At the end of that article, the following is stated...

Meanwhile, the Chicago White Sox and Minnesota Twins are locked up in their annual fight for first in the AL Central.

``It's going to be a dogfight all the way to the end,'' White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen said.

We are too good to be ignored ladies and gentlemen :cool:

LongLiveFisk
07-14-2004, 09:42 PM
Where is Gary Coleman when I need him...
You rang?

:whocares

Huisj
07-14-2004, 09:44 PM
It's pretty confusing seeing that and seeing this... http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpcDBuM2RlBF9TAzk1ODYxNzc3BHNlYwN0 aA--?slug=ap-secondhalf&prov=ap&type=lgns

(Can't use HTML here? what the heck)

I think whoever wrote that (caption under picture) made a mistake or is just an idiot.

At the end of that article, the following is stated...

Meanwhile, the Chicago White Sox and Minnesota Twins are locked up in their annual fight for first in the AL Central.

``It's going to be a dogfight all the way to the end,'' White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen said.

We are too good to be ignored ladies and gentlemen :cool:
It's almost like that part about the sox was added on as an afterthought. It's just kind of stuck there on the end, and then the article is done with no sort of wrap up or anything. strange

Blob
07-15-2004, 12:05 AM
And haven't the Sox been in first longer this year than the twins?

I thought there was a thread about this....

EDIT: Nope it was about the Sox and Scrubs, oh well...:D:

SSN721
07-15-2004, 07:20 AM
Oh well, it sucks, but when Minnesota constantly dominates this division and became the media darlings after threats of contraction the Sox have kick them while they are down and take command of this division to be noticed. Probably that and win a game or two in the playoffs. That said, it is still total BS that they are not even listed in the race for the division. Might as well have included the Royals as well. :mad:

WhiteSoxFan84
07-15-2004, 09:51 AM
If the Sox don't win the division this year than I'm going to be DEEPLY disappointed. The Twins are not only one of the worst hitting teams in baseball but they also lost LaTroy Hawkins and Everyday Eddy. They should be nowhere near us and I PREDICT!..... that by August 2nd, the White Sox will be at least 4 games ahead of the Twins. Now how far ahead of the Tigers will we be? Only we have control of that (we better win 12 of those 19 games vs. Detriot to make up for last year's embrassment -- and yes it is an embrassment considering almost 25% of the Tigers wins were against us!).

Lip Man 1
07-15-2004, 01:11 PM
What's interesting is the fact that this year the Sox have won 7 of 10 head to head games with the twins and only have a half game lead.

This somewhat deflates the talk by some that the division will be decided by who wins the 'head to head' games.

Lip

Iwritecode
07-15-2004, 01:49 PM
What's interesting is the fact that this year the Sox have won 7 of 10 head to head games with the twins and only have a half game lead.

This somewhat deflates the talk by some that the division will be decided by who wins the 'head to head' games.

Lip

In October it doesn't matter how many games they are ahead, just as long as they are in first. I have no problem with them winning the division by 1 game while taking 14 of 19 from the Twins...

Foulke You
07-15-2004, 03:30 PM

LipWe actually did pretty good against the Twins last year too (except for the 3 game September sweep of course...) I believe the final record was 10-9, pretty even steven. It was our poor 1st half play, specifically against the Tigers and Indians that cost us the division.

:jerry
"Still plenty of games left to play" - Jerry Manuel in May of 2003