PDA

View Full Version : The Sox are thinking about it too.

PorkChopExpress
07-14-2004, 03:36 PM
Per whitesox.com:

"Regardless of that, if we want to make it to the World Series, we're going to have to overcome stuff like that. It's going to be up to us to make adjustments." - Aaron Rowand

He was talking about beating the A's. It's just nice to see that the players are thinking World Series, too, and not just getting to the playoffs. I know, players are always thinking World Series, but when they voice it, it becomes more and more real until it happens for them. Let's do this gentlemen!

HomeFish
07-14-2004, 03:45 PM
How about Rowand has a consistent season before talking about the playoffs?

mealfred13
07-14-2004, 03:53 PM
OH Come ON! Why does everyone feel the need to rip on the players. If that's your attitude, root for the freakin Cubs.....sheesh.

kittle42
07-14-2004, 04:02 PM
OH Come ON! Why does everyone feel the need to rip on the players. If that's your attitude, root for the freakin Cubs.....sheesh.
But Cub fans never rip on the players - unless it starts to be cool to so so (i.e. Patterson earlier this year).

Aidan
07-14-2004, 04:03 PM
How about Rowand has a consistent season before talking about the playoffs?This HomeFish guy is constantly ripping on and rooting against the White Sox. I'm beginning to think that he's a closet Cubs fan.

Go away, :dtroll: !!!

Kadafi311
07-14-2004, 04:09 PM
This HomeFish guy is constantly ripping on and rooting against the White Sox. I'm beginning to think that he's a closet Cubs fan.

Go away, :dtroll: !!!For an explanation of HomeFish, see his sig :D:

doublem23
07-14-2004, 04:11 PM
I hate to say, but he's got a point.

mcfish
07-14-2004, 04:19 PM
What else should we do? Just watch the game? That's unheard of.

MUsoxfan
07-14-2004, 05:04 PM

He hasn't had much of a chance to have a consistent season. He was beginning to come along last year after going to the minors and having developed the new stance and short swing....then KW went out and wasted cash on Carl Everett, who in my mind is a horrible fielding CF. Nobody can deny Rowand's consistency this year, especially since there's nor room in the line-up for him everyday

mealfred13
07-16-2004, 01:08 PM
He hasn't had much of a chance to have a consistent season. He was beginning to come along last year after going to the minors and having developed the new stance and short swing....then KW went out and wasted cash on Carl Everett, who in my mind is a horrible fielding CF. Nobody can deny Rowand's consistency this year, especially since there's nor room in the line-up for him everyday
My prediction at during spring training was that rowand would bat between .290 and .300+. Let's see how far I get with that: http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=333320&postcount=10

WhiteSoxFan84
07-16-2004, 01:13 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that 3-game series in Minnesota towards the tailend of last year, when we got SWEPT, wasn't Everett the only one driving in any runs and getting clutch hits? And I was at the Mark Mulder vs. Mark Buehrle 2 hour and 4 minute game in which Everett robbed some Oakland player of a home run, Sox won that game 3-2.

Deadguy
07-16-2004, 01:36 PM
For an explanation of HomeFish, see his sig :D:
He also had a "Fire Ozzie Guillen" web site back in January.:rolleyes:

If the guy ever has a point about anything, it is by accident, because his agenda here is rather obvious.

RKMeibalane
07-16-2004, 01:37 PM
*Sighs*