PDA

View Full Version : Woody Paige comment on Around the Horn

MUsoxfan
07-14-2004, 02:43 PM
I apoligize if this has been brought up elsewhere but.....yesterday on Around the Horn they were discussing the prospect of Ditka being senator. Naturally, since Mariotti likes to bash everything he said that it would never happen. Woody Paige chimed in saying the following: "There's one thing I know for sure. Mariotti couldn't be elected Pooper Scooper on the southside of Chicago."

I thought it was funny and got a good chuckle from it.

DaveIsHere
07-14-2004, 02:47 PM
I wouldn't give Mariottie credit for being the poop I had to pick up

Harris=God
07-14-2004, 02:50 PM
:hawk

I love Woody Page DJ

bennyw41
07-14-2004, 03:17 PM
I think Paige was told to say that by Marrioti

thecell
07-14-2004, 03:35 PM
I think Paige was told to say that by Marrioti
Maybe...but Woody has made several comments about the Mariotti feud over the past few weeks. I get the impression that Woody doesn't care too much for Mariotti.

HomeFish
07-14-2004, 03:48 PM
I still like Woody Williams better. But he can be my second favorite Woody.

bennyw41
07-14-2004, 03:57 PM
Maybe...but Woody has made several comments about the Mariotti feud over the past few weeks. I get the impression that Woody doesn't care too much for Mariotti.
True, or it could be him making fun of the fact that Hawk makes fun of Marrioti, if that makes sense....if not...here is a dancing troll...:dtroll:

34 Inch Stick
07-14-2004, 04:08 PM
I still like Woody Williams better. But he can be my second favorite Woody.
If you have any self respect he can be no higher than your third favorite woody. A man's got to look out for #1

HomeFish
07-14-2004, 05:13 PM
If you have any self respect he can be no higher than your third favorite woody. A man's got to look out for #1

You have the perfect username for this comment.

Nellie_Fox
07-15-2004, 02:12 AM
Actually, Woodie said "in south Chicago" and Mariotti started yelling "south Chicago? Where's that? I've never heard of south Chicago."

Woodie cracks me up, but you can bet that a lot of this stuff is scripted to make it appear that there is friction between the sportswriters.

MarqSox
07-15-2004, 10:38 AM
Maybe...but Woody has made several comments about the Mariotti feud over the past few weeks. I get the impression that Woody doesn't care too much for Mariotti.I've long been under the assumption that they don't like each other. They're constantly sniping at each other on the show, and although they usually do it with a smile, it seems to me like it's a forced fake smile.

VA_GoGoSox
07-15-2004, 12:39 PM
I always laugh when I see Woody Paige on ATH because 9 times out of 10 he looks like he's been drinking scotch all day.

SoxFan76
07-15-2004, 12:56 PM
I always laugh when I see Woody Paige on ATH because 9 times out of 10 he looks like he's been drinking scotch all day.
I love scotch. Scotchy scotch scotch.

bigfoot
07-15-2004, 11:13 PM
Woody really does despise the Moron. He said that JM has been a punk since they chased him out of Colorado. Something about JM writing in Colo Springs. Woody has a column in the Denver Post online. Sometimes good, sometimes about local Denver stuff, but he does have his own web site with a good blog at times. Not up to WSI standards, but they are Rocky Mountain high.