PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Half of the Season

SoxBoy14
07-14-2004, 02:18 PM
Does anyone have and predictions for how some of our players will perform in the second half of the season? Here's my predictions......

1. Loaiza will improve and reach about 18-20 wins at the end of the season.

2. Garcia will pick up more wins and become one of the AL's best starters.

3. Both Carlos Lee and Paul Konerko will continue to play well and hit the home runs in Franks absence.

4. Maggs will return to the All-Star status, but won't be as good as Vlad.

5. Crede will continue to suck and will be traded.

Any one else have any other ideas?

akingamongstmen
07-14-2004, 05:11 PM
Loaiza won't win 20 games. Not gonna happen. He'll be fine (I hope), but that's being unrealistic.

Crede won't be traded...who's gonna play 3rd base? Joey Cora???? :redneck

I think that Frank will be out for a looooong time. In his absence, Maggs will rise to the occasion and go on a huge tear. Carlos Lee will do the same. Our catching situation will completely deteriorate along with the bullpen (except for Shingo and Damaso). Fortunately, our offense will continue to mash better than anybody else, and our starters will pitch well enough to get us into the playoffs. After that, its a crapshoot.

OurBitchinMinny
07-14-2004, 05:17 PM
rowand will finish the season hitting .239 if the sox dont acquire a major league CFer.

Crede will hit better

regardless of whether or not thomas comes back its clees paulies and maggs team

loaiza will continue to stink
Garcia will be solid
Garland will be solid
Buerhle will be solid
SS will end up in the bullpen or on waivers

SoxFan76
07-14-2004, 06:59 PM
Crede is a 2nd half hitter so far during his young major league career. He will get into the .270s.

Valentin may cool down, because he's not going to hit 36 home runs. (he has 18 right now.)

I think Uribe and Willie will maintain their .270-.280 averages, which honestly is more than we expected at the beginning of the year.

Konerko should stay hot for the remainder of the season. Obviously with the occasional cold streak. He is human, as we found out last season.

Maggs will really step it up. Remember last year when he was hitting like .700 for a stretch? Everytime he swung the bat the ball was in the gap.

I really never jumped on the center fielder bandwagon, because Timo/Rowand platoon is working. One hits LH pitching very well and is an above average center fielder, and the other hits RH pitching very well and has proven atleast not to be a liability in center field.

Carlos will really step up the power numbers. Really, look at his first half and it could be considered disappointing with his low HR and RBI totals. I wouldn't mind if he dropped 10 points on his average if he bumped up the RBI totals. .280 30 100 would look pretty darn good. It makes you forget about his average defense.

I expect nothing from our catchers except to call a good game. The Sox might as well be a national league team. The number 9 hitter is an automatic out.

The pitching staff will really step up and deliver those quality starts that they were known for last season and most of the first half of this season. The Sox don't have a dominant starter, they are all solid starters. 7 innings 3 or 4 runs kind of pitchers.