PDA

View Full Version : Clemens & Piazza: Useless Hype, Hilarious Satire

Baby Fisk
07-14-2004, 11:24 AM
This is too funny:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=caple/040714

Erik The Red
07-14-2004, 11:39 AM
Oh man, that was excellent. Makes me want to watch Bull Durham again, haha.

Blob
07-14-2004, 12:24 PM
Someone in the chat room last night suggested Piazza was doing his best "Bull Durham" impersonation and telling the batters the pitches that were coming. Funny stuff!

delben91
07-14-2004, 12:33 PM
Haha, absolutely hilarious!

daveeym
07-14-2004, 02:29 PM
Someone in the chat room last night suggested Piazza was doing his best "Bull Durham" impersonation and telling the batters the pitches that were coming. Funny stuff! That would have been me. My other theory is Roger already is in on talks to shop him to an AL team and he was just locking up home field advantage for the WS. Do we pick up Clemens? :o:

Baby Fisk
07-14-2004, 02:46 PM
My other theory is Roger already is in on talks to shop him to an AL team and he was just locking up home field advantage for the WS. Do we pick up Clemens? :o:Jeez, I was having similiar delusional thoughts earlier today. Utter hallucinatory madness, but until something happens, it's no less real than any other potential move. :cool: C'mon Jerry! Make the kiddies happy and get us Rogah!

:reinsy
"You people are out of your minds. We just got Freddy for you! More, More, More, it's all I ever hear...even tho I'm seeing more of you at beautiful U.S. Cellular Field of late...Maybe if you're good I'll permit Kenny to make a few phone calls. But only if you're good! Now how's about buying a few more ticket packages for Unkie Jerry...ha ha ha ha ha!"