PDA

View Full Version : Compiled '05 FA-List

JDP
07-14-2004, 12:12 PM
I realize the second half of this season still has to be played, but figuring in what can be brought in next year (as also to figure in perhaps what names can be looked at to be traded with impeding FA), here is a compiled list of 'noteworthy' FAs and "potential" FAs in 2005:

(asterik indicates UFA; non-asterik designates an option of some sort exists, depending on individual club decisions, finances, etc.)

RP Antonio Alfonseca, Atlanta*
OF Carlos Beltran, Houston*
3B Adrian Beltre, Los Angeles*
SP Kris Benson, Pittsburgh*
2B Bret Boone, Seattle
SP Paul Byrd, Atlanta*
SP Chris Carpenter, St. Louis*
SP Matt Clement, Chicago*
RP Rheal Cormier, St. Louis*
1B Carlos Delgado, Toronto*
OF JD Drew, Atlanta*
OF Jermaine Dye, Oakland*
RP Joey Eischen, Montreal
OF Steve Finley, Arizona*
SS Nomar Garciaparra, Boston*
3B Troy Glaus, Anaheim*
2B Mark Grudzielanek, Chicago*
CL Eddie Guardardo, Seattle
SP Livan Hernandez, Montreal*
CL Trevor Hoffman, San Diego
OF Geoff Jenkins, Milwaukee*
RP Ray King, Atlanta*
RP Steve Kline, St. Louis*
3B Corey Koskie, Minnesota*
RP Kerry Lightenberg, Baltimore*
C Paul LoDuca, Los Angeles*
SP Derek Lowe, Boston*
SS Julio Lugo, Tampa Bay*
SP Pedro Martinez, Boston*
C Mike Matheny, St. Louis*
C Brent Mayne, Kansas City*
RP Ramiro Mendoza, Boston*
CL Jose Mesa, Pittsburgh*
SP Eric Milton, Philadelphia*
SP Matt Morris, St. Louis*
SP Hideo Nomo, Los Angeles*
SP Russ Ortiz, Atlanta*
SP Ramon Ortiz, Anaheim*
SP Carl Pavano, Florida*
CL Troy Percival, Anaheim*
SP Odalis Perez, Los Angeles*
RP Paul Quantrill, Los Angeles*
SP Brad Radke, Minnesota*
SS Edgar Renteria, St. Louis*
1B Richie Sexson, Arizona*
CL John Smoltz, Atlanta
SP Jeff Suppan, Pittsburgh*
RP Mike Timlin, Boston*
CL Ugie Urbina, Detroit*
C Jason Varitek, Boston*
1B Robin Ventura, Los Angeles*
2B Jose Vidro, Montreal*
SS Omar Vizquel, Cleveland*
2B Todd Walker, Chicago*

Harris=God
07-14-2004, 12:19 PM
well it seems we can do better than vic darensburge and cliff pollite this year:D:

Irishsox1
07-14-2004, 12:26 PM
There is a lot of UFA on that list that are very good players that would look great with the Sox. However, I don't want Robin Ventura, that guy should retire. He's hitting .218 with 1 homerun and 10 RBI's.

Tekijawa
07-14-2004, 12:31 PM
I think that there are a few more, I know the one guy at the Top of my Wishlist next year isn't on their and I'm pretty sure he's a Free Agent.... Johan Santana!!!

habibharu
07-14-2004, 01:07 PM
vidro isnt a FA. he already got signed by the expos

samram
07-14-2004, 01:13 PM
I think that there are a few more, I know the one guy at the Top of my Wishlist next year isn't on their and I'm pretty sure he's a Free Agent.... Johan Santana!!!
I think he has one more year left before FA. This is his fifth year. However, if Radke leaves, they pretty much have to find a way to resign him. On the other hand, he is Venezuelan, and I wouldn't doubt he has some connection or relationship with Ozzie. And I'm with you- he would be a great guy to have and especially steal from the Twins.

Blob
07-14-2004, 01:27 PM
There is a lot of UFA on that list that are very good players that would look great with the Sox. However, I don't want Robin Ventura, that guy should retire. He's hitting .218 with 1 homerun and 10 RBI's.
And we have a third baseman who can catch but, not hit.:D:

I'm pulling for you in the second half Joe!

NUCatsFan
07-14-2004, 02:58 PM
Here's an idea for the FA period...how about looking for a freakin' catcher!?!? Now that we've traded away our future one, we need one for now. From the list, LoDuca seems like the best, but he'll probably attract the most attention.

Flight #24
07-14-2004, 03:41 PM
I'd guess that 10-14mil can be used nicely to get us something like LoDuca (who'd do well outside of the cavernous Chavez Ravine), and maybe an OF like Dye.

In my dream scenario, Maggs walks, we resign Jose (4mil), Lo Duca (6mil), and Dye/Drew (6mil). Then we go after another SP like Suppan, Carpenter, or Clement. All at like a $10-12mil payroll increase.

Or better yet, trade for Kendall and cash to make his salary $6mil. Makes us better NOW and has the same impact for next year.

Clarification: I'm not hoping Maggs leaves, but it looks like he really wants to test the market and find someone to break the bank. So this "dream" is based on him leaving.

he_gone_89
07-14-2004, 07:54 PM
I bet if he was back in chicago,it would revive him to life. He showed us that he wasn't done in the 2000 playoffs with the mets,and while that was a while back,he's proved once before that he can resurface to his playing ablity

and,besides, I think he should win one in chicago before he retires

beckett21
07-14-2004, 10:42 PM
In my dream scenario, Maggs walks, we resign Jose (4mil), Lo Duca (6mil), and Dye/Drew (6mil). Then we go after another SP like Suppan, Carpenter, or Clement. All at like a $10-12mil payroll increase.
:herm

"You're trying to kill me, aren't you? Sorry, they don't pay me enough to take care of those two."