PDA

View Full Version : Careful, Joe Morgan...

Tragg
09-26-2001, 11:56 PM
I heard you call Sammy Sosa a "free swinger" a few minutes ago.

:moron

"This delightful sportsman is a free swinger in the sense that he humbly does anything and everything that it takes to win and to please the 35,000 die-hard baseball fans in Wrigley Field, without expecting anything in return. He willingly strikes out 180 times a year, so as not to risk hitting into a double play. He is the consummate situational hitter, yet he is so strong that the ball rips right through the bat and into the catcher's glove when he tries to move a runner over a base. When he hits a long ball, he has such respect for the pitcher and opposition that he hops up when the ball is in the air so that he can get a better view of it going over the fences - he doesn't want to start a home run trot unless he is sure that the ball is over the fence. And while I'm at it, the fourth estate should thank me for being the only honest reporter who has the guts to stand up to idiots like Joe Morgan".

PaleHoseGeorge
09-27-2001, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Tragg
I heard you call Sammy Sosa a "free swinger" a few minutes ago.

:moron

"This delightful sportsman is a free swinger in the sense that he humbly does anything and everything that it takes to win and to please the 35,000 die-hard baseball fans in Wrigley Field, without expecting anything in return. He willingly strikes out 180 times a year, so as not to risk hitting into a double play. He is the consummate situational hitter, yet he is so strong that the ball rips right through the bat and into the catcher's glove when he tries to move a runner over a base. When he hits a long ball, he has such respect for the pitcher and opposition that he hops up when the ball is in the air so that he can get a better view of it going over the fences - he doesn't want to start a home run trot unless he is sure that the ball is over the fence. And while I'm at it, the fourth estate should thank me for being the only honest reporter who has the guts to stand up to idiots like Joe Morgan".

The over/under on the length of Jay's unit is 3.

voodoochile
09-27-2001, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

The over/under on the length of Jay's unit is 3.

I'll take the under...

(Thanks for the straight line...)

:)