PDA

View Full Version : Twins' Schedule After Break

guillen4life13
07-14-2004, 01:44 AM
Hey guys. Just bringing this to your attention. Here is the twins schedule immediately after the break.

4 Games @ KC
2 Games @ Det
2 Games vs TB
3 Games @ Bal
3 Games @ ChW

They then finish July/start August with a 3 game set against Boston. August for them looks like it's gonna be very tough, and the rest of the season has only two non divisional matchups for them.

The Sox have to make it a point not to lose ground in the next couple weeks, with the Twins having such an easy schedule, save the three game set at the cell. We have to deal with Oakland, Anaheim, Detroit (which is a team I worry about, just to let you know), Texas (though only for two games) and the twins. The next couple weeks could make or break the season.

:(:

We'll just have to see what happens, but a shadow lurks in my mind.

ma_deuce
07-14-2004, 02:58 AM
This month is going to be critical. If we are in the lead, or at least within striking distance by the end of the month, we should walk away with the division.

Lets all pray that Frank comes back quickly.

Deuce

twinsuck1
07-14-2004, 04:51 AM
I am as nervous as the next guy about the games coming out of the allstar break, but If I am going to fully believe In this team they have to show me they can beat the good teams as well as the bad. So If we are as good as we are supposed to be we will be OK. GO SOX:)

OG4LIFE
07-14-2004, 08:44 AM
if you look at the schedules, our toughest months are june and july, and our easiest months are august and sept. for the twins its the opposite- they play the cupcakes in june and july, and the tough teams in aug and sept- when it really counts. lets not forget, lets NOT forget, that when we play 6 against the cubs, they get 6 against the brewers (similar records between the 2 teams but lets be serious, the cubs are much tougher than the brew crew)

i figure, if we are within 3 games by the end of july, the division is ours.

agree? disagree?

Brian26
07-14-2004, 10:09 AM
For once, our schedule in the second half is going to be (at least on paper) easier than our first half...and easier than the Twins. Knock on wood a zillion times.

Tekijawa
07-14-2004, 10:12 AM
I don't know if you noticed but the Tigers are a much better team now, they just took 3 out of 4 against the twins before the break, Tampa Bay is no slouch any more, and well we all know the WhiteSox are World Series bound. so that Schedule may have looked easy last year but it's not this year

danjames
07-14-2004, 10:42 AM
as improved as tampa bay and detroit may be, I'd certainly rather have our Sox playing those teams than a healthy diet of AL West and AL East contenders, which is what Minnesota gets to do in the second half.

Tragg
07-14-2004, 10:59 AM
if you look at the schedules, our toughest months are june and july, and our easiest months are august and sept. for the twins its the opposite- they play the cupcakes in june and july, and the tough teams in aug and sept- when it really counts. lets not forget, lets NOT forget, that when we play 6 against the cubs, they get 6 against the brewers (similar records between the 2 teams but lets be serious, the cubs are much tougher than the brew crew)

i figure, if we are within 3 games by the end of july, the division is ours.

agree? disagree?I think it's worse than that- they got 3 against Mil and 3 against hapless Arizona.

Last year, we had the tougher late schedule

DoggPhood
07-14-2004, 12:14 PM
Hey, didn't the Tigers just take 3 of 4 at the Metrodome? Tampa Bay isn't horrible. KC might not be as horrible at home. But I agree, I think that we have to stay within a couple games by the end of the month, because the Twins definitely have a much harder August and September, especially August. I am a little uneasy about playing the Tigers, though. Didn't we get swept there last year? Didn't they beat us a good number of times last year when they were one of the worst teams EVER? Granted, they're different this year and so are we, but let's not call them easy. Now KC, those games should be easy. :tongue:

Foulke You
07-14-2004, 12:49 PM
Am I the only one who thinks we are going to take care of business against Detroit this year? I know they are improved but the Sox know that they blew it last year by dropping 9 games to the worst team in baseball. They are going to be more than ready to play the Tigers and we tend to play better against better teams anyway (West Coast Trips excluded of course).

I am worried about this 4 game set in Oakland far more than Detroit. I will be happy if we split these 4 games there given our recent track record on the west coast. Of course, we did play better there earlier in the year in that two game set and if it wasn't for Billy Koch, we either split or take the series.

Lip Man 1
07-14-2004, 01:08 PM
The Twins continue to get a cake walk schedule for the rest of the month while the Sox get a nut cruncher right off the bat including four games in the 'house of horrors...'

I agree. the Sox need to stay close in July because if they don't, September won't matter schedule wise.

and I think that Frank is going to have to have the surgery based on everything that I have read and heard (including from Dr. Beckett...) so I don't think it is in the Sox best interest to be 'counting' on him for anything more.

If some how he does come back for the final few weeks then that's gravy.

Lip

OG4LIFE
07-14-2004, 01:26 PM
everything ive heard said that franks surgery will be 6-8 weeks on the sideline... to me, that means he'd be back in late sept, in time for playoffs and the last few games...

am i wrong?