PDA

View Full Version : Fox Sucks!!!!

kcsportscaster
07-13-2004, 11:28 PM
I didn't even want to think about getting started on Fox baseball, especially the way they ruined the All-Star Game telecast, but they "topped" all previous Fox telecasts with this pathetic showing!!!!:angry: First off, why in the hell do they keep bringing out that GOD AWFUL Jeanne Zelasko and her dreadful wet mop top for the pre and post-game shows???? I cannot stand her at all in the least freakin bit, especially her on-air Flub loving/Sox and Braves hating!!!!:angry: Remember the playoffs last year????

If that's not enough to piss you off, for the umpteenth year in a row, The F Network failed to show the Canadian National Anthem!!!! What in the freakin hell does Fox have against our friends from north of the border???? Then, they not only turned our National Anthem into a commercial for that GOD AWFUL American Idol dreck, but God Bless America during the middle of the seventh as well!!!! I'm sorry, but that rendition of the National Anthem was absolutely pathetic beyond words!!!! It was absolutely one of the worst I have ever heard, right there with Roseanne F. Barr's pathetic rendition before a Reds/Padres game back in 1990.:angry:

Wait, it gets worse, they waited until 7:46 p.m. Central Time to start the game, and then we all had to be subjected to "BucCarver" for nearly three and a half hours. At least those of you in Chicagoland had the option of muting those dopes and listening to ESPN Radio's broadcast. Our supposed ESPN Radio affiliate, WNSP Sports Radio 105.5 FM in Mobile, does NOT air any ESPN Radio baseball at all, not even the World Series!!!!:angry: If that's not enough, we had to endure the return of the worst gimmick of all time on any game telecast, "Scooter the Talking Baseball!!!!" I gladly muted both of its appearances. If only baseball had a real commissioner!!!!:angry:

A real commissioner wouldn't allow Fox to get away with that pathetic junk!!!! If I were commissioner, I would tell the wackos who run Fox Sports to take their junk elsewhere and award the over-the-air network contract to whichever one out of CBS, NBC, and ABC would want that part of the package. Imagine if one of those three had baseball again. If CBS had baseball again, my ideal play-by-play "A Team" would be either Bob Costas or Greg Gumbel with either Bob Uecker or Steve Stone, while my ideal studio host would be Bonnie Bernstein, OH YEAH!!!!:D: If it were NBC, my ideal "A Team" would be Bob Costas and Bob Uecker with Al Trautwig in the studio, and if ABC had baseball again, my ideal "A Team" would be either Al Michaels and Jim Palmer or Jon Miller and Joe Morgan with John Saunders in the studio.

Anything Fox does drives me to do this, :gulp:, LOL!!!! Any thoughts?

Later on,

Ken Coleman

voodoochile
07-13-2004, 11:32 PM

Later on,

Ken Coleman
Just one...

I don't know if that is coffee or booze in that glass the little smilie dude is drinking from, but both him and you have had enough...:D:

Aidan
07-13-2004, 11:32 PM
I can't stand looking at Jeannie Zelasko. She's a man in drag. They try to make her up to look good but she's still fugly. I wish that Lisa Dergan on FSN wasn't such an airhead because she could replace Zelasko. At least I could enjoy looking at her...

http://www.murrayinthemorning.com/sweetest16/gallery/dergan_1.jpg

HomeFish
07-13-2004, 11:40 PM
If that's not enough to piss you off, for the umpteenth year in a row, The F Network failed to show the Canadian National Anthem!!!! What in the freakin hell does Fox have against our friends from north of the border????

:farmer

I have friends in high places, folks.

StrTrkker
07-14-2004, 12:33 AM
If that's not enough to piss you off, for the umpteenth year in a row, The F Network failed to show the Canadian National Anthem!!!! What in the freakin hell does Fox have against our friends from north of the border???? Then, they not only turned our National Anthem into a commercial for that GOD AWFUL American Idol dreck, but God Bless America during the middle of the seventh as well!!!! I'm sorry, but that rendition of the National Anthem was absolutely pathetic beyond words!!!! It was absolutely one of the worst I have ever heard, right there with Roseanne F. Barr's pathetic rendition before a Reds/Padres game back in 1990.:angry:

Boy...

Right as rain on the Canadian Anthem...or should I say lack of it. And that Fantasia...UGH. The worse. I mean...comon, get someone like Faith Hill.
Damn...American Idol crap...

MrRoboto83
07-14-2004, 01:14 AM
It was nice hearing Rooney in the AL dugout on the radio, too bad Rooney couldnt do the play by play

Nard
07-14-2004, 01:21 AM
Not to mention the thing looked like some sort of video game.

I understand the need to have green-screen digital advertisments behind the plate (well, actually, I don't, but I'll pretend to anyway) but that just looked HORRIBLE. The ads themselves were really blurry and seemed all stretched out. And the players in front of the ads looked like it was some kind of video game with bad graphics. It just didn't look real.

I think Lisa Dergan, AKA Miss July 1998, should be the next Fox Sports Net callup.

Hokiesox
07-14-2004, 07:22 AM
I didn't even want to think about getting started on Fox baseball, especially the way they ruined the All-Star Game telecast, but they "topped" all previous Fox telecasts with this pathetic showing!!!!:angry: First off, why in the hell do they keep bringing out that GOD AWFUL Jeanne Zelasko and her dreadful wet mop top for the pre and post-game shows???? I cannot stand her at all in the least freakin bit, especially her on-air Flub loving/Sox and Braves hating!!!!:angry: Remember the playoffs last year????

Wait, it gets worse, they waited until 7:46 p.m. Central Time to start the game, and then we all had to be subjected to "BucCarver" for nearly three and a half hours. At least those of you in Chicagoland had the option of muting those dopes and listening to ESPN Radio's broadcast. Our supposed ESPN Radio affiliate, WNSP Sports Radio 105.5 FM in Mobile, does NOT air any ESPN Radio baseball at all, not even the World Series!!!!:angry: If that's not enough, we had to endure the return of the worst gimmick of all time on any game telecast, "Scooter the Talking Baseball!!!!" I gladly muted both of its appearances. If only baseball had a real commissioner!!!!:angry:

A real commissioner wouldn't allow Fox to get away with that pathetic junk!!!! If I were commissioner, I would tell the wackos who run Fox Sports to take their junk elsewhere and award the over-the-air network contract to whichever one out of CBS, NBC, and ABC would want that part of the package. Imagine if one of those three had baseball again. If CBS had baseball again, my ideal play-by-play "A Team" would be either Bob Costas or Greg Gumbel with either Bob Uecker or Steve Stone, while my ideal studio host would be Bonnie Bernstein, OH YEAH!!!!:D: If it were NBC, my ideal "A Team" would be Bob Costas and Bob Uecker with Al Trautwig in the studio, and if ABC had baseball again, my ideal "A Team" would be either Al Michaels and Jim Palmer or Jon Miller and Joe Morgan with John Saunders in the studio.

Later on,

Ken Coleman
What's wrong with Al Trautwig doing the Tour De France for OLN/CBS? I quite enjoy watching him call the bike race (which is what I watched last night. I too, can't stand Faux doing the game.)

HomeFish
07-14-2004, 11:47 AM
At least we all know what a slider is now...

Baby Fisk
07-14-2004, 11:59 AM
My thanks go out to KCSportscaster and StrTrkker for showing rage at the exclusion of the Canadian anthem. Being Canadian, I'm not genetically predisposed to exhibit that kind of rage. Sorry. Much obliged, eh! :cool:

What was the point of all that Yanni???

(FWIW, I thought Fantasia was pretending what it would be like for someone to sing the SSB after being shot in the gut...)

HomeFish
07-14-2004, 12:04 PM
What was the point of all that Yanni???

To mock a guy who was 2-for-2 with a triple at that point in the game.

JB98
07-14-2004, 12:10 PM
I'm just glad Clemens got rocked. I always love it when Fox's favorite storylines blow up in their face.

Very fitting that two Houston players (Clemens and Kent) are main reason the NL lost the game.

space_monkey
07-14-2004, 12:15 PM

Later on,

Ken Colemansounds like kcsportscaster is pretty much on the ball with this one. Agree wholeheartedly. I hate fox baseball.

Terminated
07-14-2004, 01:38 PM
At least we all know what a slider is now...
What the hell was that all about!? Some Sesame Street cartoon comes out of nowhere telling us how a slider moves. FOX... thank you!!!! :redneck

kcsportscaster
07-14-2004, 02:06 PM
Thankfully, all of you who answered hate Fox baseball as much as I do. In my haste to get my tirade typed as fast as I possibly could, I forgot a couple of things, 1. What were "BucCarver" doing making fun at Pudge Rodriguez for listening to this Yanni dude???? A cinch Hall-of-Famer should be able to listen to what he damn well pleases, even though I personally wouldn't be caught dead listening to that type of music!!!! 2. What in the hell was wrong with waiting until AFTER THE GAME to have that ceremony for Roger Clemens, especially after he got lit up in the first????

Here's hoping MLB somehow backs off on extending their deal with Fox. Otherwise it will be a very long season every year for years to come. Once again, in the event CBS ever gets back into baseball, here is who I would like to see as the studio host:

http://bonniebernstein.freeservers.com/images/front113003.gif

http://bonniebernstein.freeservers.com/fansite/images/miscellaneous/nc-bb-8.jpg

"All Bonnie..All The Time..!!"

And not just for her HOT looks either!!!!

Max Power
07-14-2004, 02:42 PM
That rendition of the Star Spangled Banner was embarrassingly bad. If she won American Idol I can't imagine what the losers sounded like.
They should have shown how to grip and throw a slider, but that's actually useful knowledge so it would have no place on a Fox telecast.

OurBitchinMinny
07-14-2004, 02:52 PM
I hate fox for the most part for all their reality TV crap of late, but they did give us the simpsons and family guy. But I actually think jeannie zelasko is decent looking.

HomeFish
07-14-2004, 03:05 PM
I hate fox for the most part for all their reality TV crap of late, but they did give us the simpsons and family guy. But I actually think jeannie zelasko is decent looking.

I lost all respect for Jeannie Zelasko when she said that Soriano winning MVP made up for Clemens getting shelled because he is on a Texas team.

Does she realize that they are two different teams in two different cities and two differnet leagues? Would she have the nerve the tell Yankee Stadium that Piazza winning MVP made up for the AL losing? Or telling US Cellular that with Sosa as MVP "at least a Chicago player got it, right?"

If she ever does, I hope the boos never stop.