PDA

View Full Version : AL giving White Sox home field adv

rwcescato
07-13-2004, 11:12 PM
Nice to see the rest of the AL minus Estaban have given the White Sox home field advantage for our 1st World Series since 1959. The way we played in NL parks this year we sure do need it. This should give us a great chance for the World Championship. It almost looked like an Indian was going to give it back but they prevailed without our hitters. It was nice to see props given to Guillen and our team in the 7th as Joe Nathan a Twin was pitching.
GO YOU WHITE SOX !!!!
Rich
:bandance::supernana:

gobears1987
07-13-2004, 11:33 PM
what exactly did they say about the Sox? I missed it.

sendimjoey
07-13-2004, 11:38 PM
Tim McCarver said that Tony LaRussa was saying that Ozzie Guillen was the perfect manager for the White Sox, because he knows the history of the team and its fans and because he's just pitch-perfect with how he deals with the players. Usually, McCarver said, he's laughing and joking and keeping things loose, but when needed, he's firm, McCarver said. The players respect Guillen because of that and because he was such a great player, McCarver said, concluding that the Marlins could tell you what a good leader Guillen is.

I enjoyed the heck out of that.

npdempse
07-13-2004, 11:40 PM
what exactly did they say about the Sox? I missed it.
Basically that Ozzie's the Man, getting guys really pumped up, and that LaRussa is really pulling for him to do well. They also gave props to the Garcia trade, described it as pretty ballsy and the right thing to do.

WSox8404
07-13-2004, 11:41 PM
Nice to see the rest of the AL minus Estaban have given the White Sox home field advantage for our 1st World Series since 1959. The way we played in NL parks this year we sure do need it. This should give us a great chance for the World Championship. It almost looked like an Indian was going to give it back but they prevailed without our hitters. It was nice to see props given to Guillen and our team in the 7th as Joe Nathan a Twin was pitching.
GO YOU WHITE SOX !!!!
Rich
:bandance::supernana:
To tell you the truth I never really care about All-Star games, but today I did. I was really cheering the AL on because I honestly belive that the Sox have a shot at getting to the WS. I sure do hope I am right.

doublem23
07-13-2004, 11:42 PM
Oh man, can we please stop jinxing ourselves? For fans of a team in a 45-year World Series drought, we're getting awfully ahead of ourselves here.

Win the division first.

fquaye149
07-14-2004, 12:31 AM
Oh man, can we please stop jinxing ourselves? For fans of a team in a 45-year World Series drought, we're getting awfully ahead of ourselves here.

Win the division first.
just knock on wood. right on his elbow.

skobabe8
07-14-2004, 12:36 AM
Sweet sig, Doublem.

Unregistered
07-14-2004, 12:42 AM
Sweet sig, Doublem. 'Cept you GOTTA change that from the Counting Crows to Joni Mitchell. :o:

CanOfCorn
07-14-2004, 12:45 AM
I second Unregistered.

And too bad there isn't a way to put subjects in magenta.

guillen4life13
07-14-2004, 12:46 AM
'Cept you GOTTA change that from the Counting Crows to Joni Mitchell. :o:
I was gonna say that before i read your post. damnit. I wanted to portray the illusion of knowledge.

Unregistered
07-14-2004, 12:51 AM
I was gonna say that before i read your post. damnit. I wanted to portray the illusion of knowledge. After 1700 posts, I figured I should say SOMETHING worthwhile... :D:

WSox8404
07-14-2004, 01:20 AM
Sweet sig, Doublem.
Yeah no kidding. Nice sig.

Iguana775
07-14-2004, 07:24 AM

Win the division first.
You mean you dont want us to say that the Sox are going to the Series? :dtroll:

jenmcm76
07-14-2004, 09:31 AM
'Cept you GOTTA change that from the Counting Crows to Joni Mitchell. :o:
HA! As soon as I saw that, I was going to say something, but you beat me to it. :wink:

I suppose "Drift Away" is probably by Uncle Kracker now, too......