PDA

View Full Version : Loaiza's All Star Appearance

DoggPhood
07-13-2004, 09:05 PM
if loaiza can get through renteria, pujols, bonds, rolen, and sosa in an inning like he just did without allowing a run, he shouldn't have the problems he's been having like when he gave up six runs in an inning to the indians

Cowch44
07-13-2004, 09:07 PM
if loaiza can get through renteria, pujols, bonds, rolen, and sosa in an inning like he just did without allowing a run, he shouldn't have the problems he's been having like when he gave up six runs in an inning to the indians
None of those guys are on the Indians, let alone the AL. We beat Silva up but he can kill other teams. So maybe the Indians can kill Loaiza.

LongLiveFisk
07-13-2004, 09:10 PM
I was really hoping he would strike Sosa out, but he still came out on top. And not giving up any runs is great, considering he hasn't been very sharp lately!

Blob
07-13-2004, 09:35 PM
Hopefully he takes that into the second half with him!

Whitesox029
07-13-2004, 10:29 PM
I was really hoping he would strike Sosa out, but he still came out on top. And not giving up any runs is great, considering he hasn't been very sharp lately!And for what it's worth, the Cubs' lone pitcher in the game gave up a run....and we're in first place

South Side
07-13-2004, 10:51 PM
And for what it's worth, the Cubs' lone pitcher in the game gave up a run....and we're in first place
Annnd Sosa could not get to the first 2 hits of the night in right. The 2nd one hit off the wall and he played it horribly as if he was going to catch it. He didn't have a chance so why didn't he play it off the wall?? Dumbass. He's a demon....

Kadafi311
07-13-2004, 10:53 PM
Loaiza did a fine job if you ask me. Kind of ticked me off he walked Bonds though, wanted to strike his ass out :redneck

OzzieBall2004
07-13-2004, 11:19 PM
Although it's debatable how hard players really try in the allstar game, it was nice to see Loaiza get through an onslaught of potential NL MVPs. Especially considering that other pitchers were getting hit pretty hard and put into serious jams. It was so pathetic that we didnt get a single bat in that game and the Indians, a sub 500 team, had practically their whole lineup in the game. That sickens me. I can live with the Yankees having a handful, but the Indians? Give me a break.... :angry:

mealfred13
07-13-2004, 11:29 PM
And Guess Who's Favorite Idiot Just Called It Cellular One, Instead Of U.s. Cellular Field? You Guessed It, That Drunk-driving Bastard, Walter Jacobson....

WhiteSoxFan84
07-13-2004, 11:36 PM
It's sad that in the AL, 18 of the 32 All-Stars were from 3 teams (8 from NY, 5 from TEX, and 5 from CLE), while the other 14 were from 11 different teams. How the hell did Loaiza make the team anyway? Don't tell me the players voted him on because that scares me more than Giambi getting voted in as a starter! Maybe Torre picked him as a consolation prize for finishing in 2nd in the Cy Young race last year? I think Konerko was beyond deserving and would've love to see him in the HR Derby again (imagine if Paulie had beat out Giambi in the 2002 HRD semi-finals blast off and faced off against Sammy in the finals? wow).

nasox
07-13-2004, 11:42 PM
It's sad that in the AL, 18 of the 32 All-Stars were from 3 teams (8 from NY, 5 from TEX, and 5 from CLE), while the other 14 were from 11 different teams. How the hell did Loaiza make the team anyway? Don't tell me the players voted him on because that scares me more than Giambi getting voted in as a starter! Maybe Torre picked him as a consolation prize for finishing in 2nd in the Cy Young race last year? I think Konerko was beyond deserving and would've love to see him in the HR Derby again (imagine if Paulie had beat out Giambi in the 2002 HRD semi-finals blast off and faced off against Sammy in the finals? wow).
PLUS, it isn't like there weren't other deserving pitchers (Burly-MON, etc.), even deserving pitchers on the sox!

Aidan
07-13-2004, 11:43 PM
Konerko and Buehrle should have been there. Loaiza should have went to Las Vegas with Ozzie. I would bet my left nut that Paulie could have hit a grand slam when the bases were juiced in the 3rd inning. Instead, a first baseman that didn't deserve to be there, Ken Harvey, was pinch hit and struck out.

WSox8404
07-13-2004, 11:45 PM
And for what it's worth, the Cubs' lone pitcher in the game gave up a run....and we're in first place
Ha. I loved that. I think I actually hate Zambrano more than I do Sosa, but that is debatable.

nasox
07-14-2004, 12:03 AM
Konerko and Buehrle should have been there. Loaiza should have went to Las Vegas with Ozzie. I would bet my left nut that Paulie could have hit a grand slam when the bases were juiced in the 3rd inning. Instead, a first baseman that didn't deserve to be there, Ken Harvey, was pinch hit and struck out.
Well, considering that you bet your left nut.......:tongue:

kittle42
07-14-2004, 03:55 AM
It's an All-Star game. And despite the "fact" that "this time, it counts," it is still b.s. to the players.

Terminated
07-14-2004, 09:49 AM
And Guess Who's Favorite Idiot Just Called It Cellular One, Instead Of U.s. Cellular Field? You Guessed It, That Drunk-driving Bastard, Walter Jacobson....
Walter Jacobson is an old fart! Him and his Perspective can take a hike!

jshanahanjr
07-14-2004, 10:31 AM
ELO looked good. I hope he can pitch like that in the second half.

nlentz88
07-14-2004, 11:30 AM
Walter's a Sox fan. Give him a break! Like any one of us hasn't ever had too much to drink. Sheesh!

But yeah, he should know better than to call it Cellular One. Still, calling it that is better than Moronotti calling it "The-Ballmall-Formerly-Known-As-Comiskey."

Foulke You
07-14-2004, 11:40 AM
Walter's a Sox fan. Give him a break! Like any one of us hasn't ever had too much to drink. Sheesh!

But yeah, he should know better than to call it Cellular One. Still, calling it that is better than Moronotti calling it "The-Ballmall-Formerly-Known-As-Comiskey."
Walter is certainly not a Sox fan. That I can tell you 100% sure, he bleeds Cubbie blue and has never been shy about sharing that.

All you need to know is that this is the guy who did the "expose" interview with Frank Thomas's ex-wife for no particular reason at all other than to smear his image some more.

Foulke You
07-14-2004, 11:44 AM
Buehrle and Konerko deserved to be at the All-star game but the Minnesota Twins also got the shaft every bit as much as the Sox did. Only Joe Nathan was selected to represent them. Brad Radke or Johan Santanta deserved All Star consideration and so did Lew Ford. I wonder what the AL Central's top 2 teams did to anger the Yankees coaching staff into selecting 5 players from the 3rd place team instead.

In my mind, the all star spots should have been:

Buehrle instead of Sabathia
Radke instead of Westbrook
Paul Konerko or Carlos Lee instead of Matt Lawton

Victor Martinez and Ronnie Belliard deserved to go but the Tribe had 3 spots too many in mind.

Basten
07-14-2004, 11:45 AM
Yeah I think it's hilarious how Loaiza who shouldn't have been there pitched a scoreless inning (which makes it 3 for him), but Zambrano and Sabathia gave up 4 ER and put the game out of reach. LOL.

E-lo threw one pitch at 92 (which makes it 91 since FOX gun is always too quick), but others were 89-91. But thanks to solid location and breaking ball, he was successful. I hope he rediscovers his velocity in the 2nd half.

Basten
07-14-2004, 11:54 AM
In my mind, the all star spots should have been:

Buehrle instead of Sabathia
Radke instead of Westbrook
Paul Konerko or Carlos Lee instead of Matt Lawton
.Radke over Westbrook is debatable, but Sabathia is flat-out better than Buerhle this season.

And when Lawton was picked, he had MUCH better stats than Carlos. As of 7/3, Lawton had a 70 point advantage in OPS, more RBI (out of the lead-off spot, no less!), stolen bases, etc.

Paul Konerko should have taken Ken Harvey's spot -- well, Giambi's ideally.

Lip Man 1
07-14-2004, 12:04 PM
For those who don't know Walter Jacobsen is a former Cubs bat boy.

Lip

SOXSINCE'70
07-14-2004, 12:11 PM
Are you sure you want to see Konerko in the HR derby?? Remember this:his foot was injured at some point in the 2002 ASG and he went into a 12 month batting slump.Konerko is a much better hitter than his anemic .234 average of 2003.But when you play through injuries (as Konerko did),it's going to affect your swing.

mcfish
07-14-2004, 12:17 PM
Radke over Westbrook is debatable, but Sabathia is flat-out better than Buerhle this season.

And when Lawton was picked, he had MUCH better stats than Carlos. As of 7/3, Lawton had a 70 point advantage in OPS, more RBI (out of the lead-off spot, no less!), stolen bases, etc.

Paul Konerko should have taken Ken Harvey's spot -- well, Giambi's ideally.
Like the rule or not, there had to be a Royal on the team so Paulie taking over for Ken Harvey wasn't going to happen.

The change that you're all missing that should have happened was Takatsu or Buerhle instead of Loaiza. He's been fine for the most part (and real shaky lately), but there is no way Loaiza is the best pitcher on our staff this year.

Also, Javier Vazquez shouldn't have been picked as a replacement.

TornLabrum
07-14-2004, 12:17 PM

Walter "Skippy" Jacobson is a lifelong Cubs fan who was a bat boy for the Cubs somewhere around 1955. I give him no breaks.

WhiteSoxFan84
07-14-2004, 01:02 PM
Did you guys know that Carlos Zambrano grew up as a White Sox fan? He said it during a pre-game show during the Sox/Cubs series. During a segment in which Cub players were asked which Sox players they admired and vice versa, Zambrano said something about, "I grew up a White Sox fan but now that I'm playing for the Cubs...".

denev1
07-14-2004, 01:03 PM
Although it's debatable how hard players really try in the allstar game, it was nice to see Loaiza get through an onslaught of potential NL MVPs. Especially considering that other pitchers were getting hit pretty hard and put into serious jams. It was so pathetic that we didnt get a single bat in that game and the Indians, a sub 500 team, had practically their whole lineup in the game. That sickens me. I can live with the Yankees having a handful, but the Indians? Give me a break.... :angry:
You know, I was mad too... But now we'll have to thank all those players for giving the Sox home field advantage in the WS.

SoxBoy14
07-14-2004, 01:08 PM
It's an All-Star game. And despite the "fact" that "this time, it counts," it is still b.s. to the players.
"This time......it STILL counts":D:

Terminated
07-14-2004, 02:03 PM

Walter is no Sox fan. He almost laughs when the Sox are losing and the Cubs are winning.

The White Sox were up 8-0 about an hour ago against the Cleveland Indians.... It must be 30-0 now...

That coming from Jacobson. He knew the Sox had let go of an 8-0 lead, but he felt like poking fun of the Sox.

PorkChopExpress
07-14-2004, 02:16 PM
Annnd Sosa could not get to the first 2 hits of the night in right. The 2nd one hit off the wall and he played it horribly as if he was going to catch it. He didn't have a chance so why didn't he play it off the wall?? Dumbass. He's a demon....
In my opinion, Clemens would have had a very different first inning had Sosa known how to play right field. He should have caught Ichiro's double and Pudge's triple should have been a sliding double at best. That changes a lot in the first inning. So I guess we can all thank Sosa for giving the Sox the home field advantage in the WS.

mealfred13
07-14-2004, 03:55 PM
Walter is certainly not a Sox fan. That I can tell you 100% sure, he bleeds Cubbie blue and has never been shy about sharing that.

All you need to know is that this is the guy who did the "expose" interview with Frank Thomas's ex-wife for no particular reason at all other than to smear his image some more.
I was gonna say! In fact, he made a comment about not having Sox season tickets this year, and his co-anchor (I forget her name) said something along the lines of "OH YEAH RIGHT!". If that doesn't say Cubs fan, I don't know what does.