PDA

View Full Version : Why not televise other baseball?

flo-B-flo
07-13-2004, 12:07 PM
I've often wondered why sports nation doesn't televise other baseball leagues. I think it would be pretty cool to see the Japanese baseball finals Korea etc. When my parents would go to Puerto Rico, my dad would come back with all these stories of ball players known and unknown that would regularly show MLB talent. I'd love to watch winter ball in the middle of February.

StockdaleForVeep
07-13-2004, 05:13 PM
I've often wondered why sports nation doesn't televise other baseball leagues. I think it would be pretty cool to see the Japanese baseball finals Korea etc. When my parents would go to Puerto Rico, my dad would come back with all these stories of ball players known and unknown that would regularly show MLB talent. I'd love to watch winter ball in the middle of February.
Its all profits and MLB would prob want a part of it. Recently a world cup of baseball has been discussed where i believe 16 world teams would play, and several nations, namely japan have protested the thought of playing in America\cup held here because MLB wants half of the profits to go to the players union.

Blob
07-13-2004, 05:59 PM
Or MLB could complain that the new league is taking away from their own league...

thepaulbowski
07-14-2004, 07:39 AM
Or there may not be much of a market wanting to watch it?

calderon
07-14-2004, 09:03 AM
I wish MLB would create their own channel like the NFL and NBA.

DSpivack
07-14-2004, 11:37 PM
at school we get a few different foreign language stations. occasionally the japanese one shows baseball, which i watch for a few minutes because it's interesting, but change it after a few more minutes because i don't speak japanese.