PDA

View Full Version : ESPN1000 discussing where RJ will go...

Aidan
07-12-2004, 10:59 PM
ESPN1000 will discuss where Randy Johnson will likely be headed. Today, Randy Johnson said that he would waive his no-trade clause to go to a contender. Apparently, the D-Backs want major-league ready talent and not prospects. They say they are not the Expos and plan on competing next season. :tongue: ESPN1000 is going to discuss team by team who has the best shot of landing him.

EDIT: DOH! I posted this in the wrong forum. Sorry!

mcfish
07-12-2004, 11:25 PM
Given that information, does anyone still want RJ here? Who would you be willing to ship to Arizona that's MLB ready? Crede? Cotts? Rowand? It's a tough call - especially with Freddy already here.

MrRoboto83
07-12-2004, 11:34 PM
i dont think RJ is worth that kind of blow, not to mention his arm could give out at anytime and be on the DL

Cubbiesuck13
07-12-2004, 11:55 PM
i dont think RJ is worth that kind of blow, not to mention his arm could give out at anytime and be on the DL
what is wrong with his arm? i was thinking that his knee will give out soon.

Aidan
07-12-2004, 11:57 PM
what is wrong with his arm? i was thinking that his knee will give out soon. You are correct sir!

munchman33
07-13-2004, 09:55 AM
What about RJ and Shea Hillenbrand for Crede, Cotts, Brian Anderson, and Felix Diaz. It's a ton to give up, but it makes more sense for both sides. The Diamondbacks get three MLB ready young players and a great prospect, we get a top of the rotation starter and a veteran third baseman with some pop. And both of the players we get are under contract for next year as well.