PDA

View Full Version : Berman (ESPN) stealing Hawkisms!!!

BeerHandle
07-12-2004, 09:51 PM
I don't know about any of you, but I'm sick of ESPN Boomer (Chris Berman). First he rips on Sox fans at last years All Star festivities and now he steals Hawk's "You can put it on the board!" during the home run derby.

It is time for Berman to hang it up. If I have to hear "back, back, back" one more time I'm going to lose it! Oh wait, I just heard it on the last homer run by Tejada.

Blob
07-12-2004, 09:54 PM
I don't know about any of you, but I'm sick of ESPN Boomer (Chris Berman). First he rips on Sox fans at last years All Star festivities and now he steals Hawk's "You can put it on the board!" during the home run derby.

It is time for Berman to hang it up. If I have to hear "back, back, back" one more time I'm going to lose it! Oh wait, I just heard it on the last homer run by Tejada.
I heard him say that call was from his FRIEND Hawk. I'd like to ask Hawk if he considers him a friend.

Besides, he got the call wrong!! He forgot the YYYYEEEESSSSSS!!!!!

BeerHandle
07-12-2004, 09:56 PM
I heard him say that call was from his FRIEND Hawk. I'd like to ask Hawk if he considers him a friend.

I don't think Hawk would call him a friend. He ripped the Sox fans apart at last years All Star festivities. I can't stand him because of it!

Chisox_cali
07-12-2004, 09:56 PM
I would hardly say he "stole" it, he gave him credit before he said the phrase.

BeerHandle
07-12-2004, 09:59 PM
I would hardly say he "stole" it, he gave him credit before he said the phrase.
I did miss him giving Hawk credit. Thanks for pointing out and the other poster I think a few above you.

I stil don't like him for ripping on Sox fans last year.

Jjav829
07-12-2004, 10:00 PM
At least he didn't say "Put it on the board....Gone!" like last year. :rolleyes:

valposoxfan
07-12-2004, 10:01 PM
Berman was also visibly upset when Astro fans started cheering the fact that Tejada was making outs. THEY ARE THE HOMETOWN FANS!!! WHY CAN'T THEY BE PARTIAL TO ONE OF THEIR OWN PLAYERS!!! Berman needs to get off of his highhorse and calm the hell down. First he rips on us Sox fans then he feels it necessary to discipline Astros fans. Shut up Chris, I can't wait until you leave TV forever.

RKMeibalane
07-12-2004, 10:01 PM
That's the second time Berman has messed up Hawk's home run call. He did last season, as well. I don't remember who was up at the time, but Berman called out, "You can put it on the board, GONE!"

Alex Rodriguez corrected him, saying, "It's 'you can put it on the board, YES!'"

Berman is such a tool.

RKMeibalane
07-12-2004, 10:02 PM
At least he didn't say "Put it on the board....Gone!" like last year. :rolleyes:
Ha! You beat me to it! :smile:

SOXPHILE
07-12-2004, 10:06 PM
Chris Berman is a useless blowhard. His act wore out a LONG time ago. It's bad enough that I have to see him each Sunday during football season, doing the wrapup for all the NFL games (Rumblin..Bumblin..Stumblin..He Could...Go...All...The...Way...) They drag him out during the All-Star game so we get to hear him say "OHHHH !!! THAT'S IN THE NEXT STATE" for each ball hit in the HR contest. As a bonus, we get to see him during the NHL and NBA playoffs too ! I don't think I know anybody that actually likes him, or finds him the least bit entertaining.

CanOfCorn
07-12-2004, 10:28 PM
What did he say about Sox fans last year?

I like what he does on NFL Primetime. He and Tommy Jackson are a good pairing. His baseball coverage doesn't do anything for me.

Huisj
07-12-2004, 10:38 PM

maybe he was doing the hawk version of an opposing team home run, the one where hawk says "well, you can put that one on the board" is his disgust/subdued tone.

Saracen
07-12-2004, 11:02 PM
Berman's a blowhard. His act wore thin 10 years ago but they keep trotting him out for big events.

TornLabrum
07-12-2004, 11:34 PM

Besides, he got the call wrong!! He forgot the YYYYEEEESSSSSS!!!!!Well, that's still better than last year's, "You can put it on the board...GONE!"

Sheesh! TWO of you beat me to it!

fquaye149
07-12-2004, 11:56 PM
well he gave credit

this just solidifies what many of us already believe:

that hawk is at least one of the more memorable announcers in baseball

he gone and you can put it on the board are classics

now let's wait for BEE ESS to catch on.

jackbrohamer
07-13-2004, 01:28 AM
Berman's in love with baseball players who take steroids.

StillMissOzzie
07-13-2004, 01:46 AM
That's twice that Berman has criticised the hometown fans for showing some favoritism to their own players. Manuel getting fired just proved that the fans were RIGHT.

Apparently he thinks the ASG and the related festivities should be one big circle jerk / love fest.

SMO
:gulp:

BeerHandle
07-13-2004, 05:59 AM
[QUOTE=CanOfCorn]What did he say about Sox fans last year?
[QUOTE]

He ripped on us for booing Prior and Wood and then really gave it to us because we booed JM during the All Star game. He couldn't believe we would boo Prior and Wood. Does he pay attention to baseball?

BeerHandle
07-13-2004, 06:00 AM
What did he say about Sox fans last year?

I like what he does on NFL Primetime. He and Tommy Jackson are a good pairing. His baseball coverage doesn't do anything for me.
He also said he have the worst park in the MLB!

SSN721
07-13-2004, 08:11 AM
Berman is an idiot, and usually proves it again and again each time they trot him out to one of these big events. He is a terrible announcer who is very worn out. The messing up of Hawks homerun call last year with gone instead of yes drove me nuts for the derby last year. ANd his ripping of fans being hometown fans is ludicrous. Sorry that we didnt all lose our loyalties when we went into sports broadcasting, oh thats right, only you did. I think it is okay to root for our own team and boo players/coaches we hate. I am not suprised he ripped on Sox fans, but to do the same for Houston, I think he is the one who is classless. Just an idiot, sometimes I wonder if some of these sportscasters ever loved any teams when they grew up.

akingamongstmen
07-13-2004, 08:19 AM
Chris Berman must have an entire vault full of incriminating pictures of his ESPN co-workers. That's the only logical explanation for why he's still on TV.

AOEllis
07-13-2004, 09:08 AM
He also said he have the worst park in the MLB!
He did say something like that, but then corrected himself right away. He said something along the lines of " I did not like it at first, but what they have done to improve it makes it one of the better parks in baseball.

harwar
07-13-2004, 09:20 AM
The guy should stick to football and leave baseball alone.Hes' openly admitted that he dearly loves football and tolerates baseball(for me its the opposite).
Last years allstar game wasn't the first time that this bozo has knocked the White Sox.
A couple of years ago during a espn nationally televised game he ripped the White Sox fans,the park(he spent like 5 minutes making fun of the scoreboard for some reason),the whole organization.
Maybe he and Jerry Reinsdorf got into it over something years ago and he never forgot it.
As you can tell i don't just dislike this guy,i loath him.

fledgedrallycap
07-13-2004, 09:33 AM
Berman was also visibly upset when Astro fans started cheering the fact that Tejada was making outs. THEY ARE THE HOMETOWN FANS!!! WHY CAN'T THEY BE PARTIAL TO ONE OF THEIR OWN PLAYERS!!! Berman needs to get off of his highhorse and calm the hell down. First he rips on us Sox fans then he feels it necessary to discipline Astros fans. Shut up Chris, I can't wait until you leave TV forever.
I heard the same thing and Morgan mentioned "well, at least they're not booing". Not sure if that was a shot as us or not, either way; who cares what those two dopes think or say.

zach23
07-13-2004, 09:34 AM
Maybe Berman and the Moron are cousins and they get together at family functions to rip the Sox and inflate each others egos.

I can't stand the guy. I avoided the HR derby yesterday so I didn't have to hear his stupid calls and also hear him fawn over Corky.

Hangar18
07-13-2004, 10:08 AM
I liked how he CONTINUOUSLY kissed sammy sosas butt the whole
broadcast. He seemed to have Kept some HR calls on the side, as if waiting
for sammy to start hitting them, but didnt happen. His "hes baaaaaack" was LAME and had "homer" (home town guy rooting for player) written all over it.
He kept mentioning sammy even after shammy was knocked out of the round.
LAME. hes finally become UNORIGINAL. time for him to go.

Kogs35
07-13-2004, 10:21 AM
for sammy to start hitting them, but didnt happen. His "hes baaaaaack" was LAME and had "homer" (home town guy rooting for player) written all over it.
berman time has been up for 5 years now, but the powers over at espn need to torment the people with berman.

Gumshoe
07-13-2004, 02:03 PM
is fine with NFL. Keep him there. He is an absolute nobody when it comes to calling games and opining about the MLB and its teams.

G

sendimjoey
07-13-2004, 02:12 PM
One of them mentioned, very offhandedly, that Edgar Martinez was the best right-handed hitter of the 1990s. The best, no qualifiers, no "one of the best," just plain old "the best."

I must have forgot about those back-to-back MVPs that Martinez won.

Did anyone else hear this? I'd swear it was Morgan.

jackbrohamer
07-13-2004, 02:31 PM
One of them mentioned, very offhandedly, that Edgar Martinez was the best right-handed hitter of the 1990s. The best, no qualifiers, no "one of the best," just plain old "the best."

Wouldn't surprise me the guy's a complete idiot. I also heard Harold Reynolds last night say that steriods aren't a big deal because it does not influence a player's coordination and ability to make contact with a ball. So I guess things like greater bat speed & added muscle turning pop-ups into HRs must not make a difference.

Foulke You
07-13-2004, 02:44 PM
In addition to Berman's lame calls, I also found Joe Morgan's excuse making for Sosa's struggles in the derby to be sickening. He accused the guy who was throwing the pitches to Sammy of throwing "sinkers" and "cutters" to him after Sosa swung and missed a couple BP fastballs. I found it funny and sad at the same time. I'm sure the pitching coach guy was trying to throw his best cutter to get Sosa out of the derby. I couldn't believe it. I don't know if Morgan was just trying to save face since Sosa was his pick to win the derby or what but it is pretty disgusting watching how much the media protects that guy.

brewerfan
07-13-2004, 02:49 PM
For those of you who can't figure out why Chris Berman is there, it's because he started a month after the network began in 1979. He might be the most senior member there after Bernstien. He MADE ESPN in its fledgling days, he almost WAS ESPN.

Foulke You
07-13-2004, 03:12 PM
For those of you who can't figure out why Chris Berman is there, it's because he started a month after the network began in 1979. He might be the most senior member there after Bernstien. He MADE ESPN in its fledgling days, he almost WAS ESPN.
I understand why he is there. Quite frankly, it does little to change my opinion of him. I think he is a moron who is condesending and preachy towards fans, has little to offer to baseball broadcasts and his "back, back, back" should be kept far away from baseball coverage.

jackbrohamer
07-13-2004, 05:15 PM
What's that got to do with the fact that he sucks. I thought nicknames like Jim "Washer &" Dwyer were funny in 1983, but why should that buy him a job for life.

knocko94
07-13-2004, 05:20 PM
Hearing Berman makes me throw up in my mouth, he is wretched.

JDub35
07-13-2004, 05:30 PM

Yeah, I definitely heard him say that, and yes it was Joe Morgan. I was a little shocked and just sat there thinking to myself, what did he just say? What an idiot....he needs to be GONE.

Blob
07-13-2004, 05:56 PM
Just because he was the first person there, does not mean he should be the last to leave...

Basten
07-14-2004, 12:19 PM
well he gave credit

Stretch.

Get up.

Get back there.

He looks uuuup....

Basten
07-14-2004, 12:25 PM
Wouldn't surprise me the guy's a complete idiot. I also heard Harold Reynolds last night say that steriods aren't a big deal because it does not influence a player's coordination and ability to make contact with a ball. So I guess things like greater bat speed & added muscle turning pop-ups into HRs must not make a difference.
It's amazing to watch Giambi these days.

Balls he used to hit 420 feet to CF are now caught at the edge of the grass in LF. Pitcher's pitches he used to spoil with 2 strikes, he now flat-out misses.

Frank Thomas is the real MVP of 2000.

brewerfan
07-14-2004, 12:40 PM
"Frank Thomas is the real MVP of 2000."

So you are saying that because Giambi sucks now, he obviously sucked all along? that might be the dumbest thing I have EVER heard.

Basten
07-14-2004, 01:09 PM

So you are saying that because Giambi sucks now, he obviously sucked all along? that might be the dumbest thing I have EVER heard.
Oh ya, I forgot.....Giambi's steroid use was never proven in the court of MLB.....

Intellectually dishonest much?

jackbrohamer
07-14-2004, 01:35 PM

Nobody said Giambi sucked in 2000. And Thomas should have been MVP; their numbers were very similar but Giambi poured it on the last 6 weeks which swung the MVP vote his way, Thomas's offense was consistent throughout the season.

Another factor was that Giambi played the field; apparently being a crappy defensive 1B is viewed as a positive by some writers.

SOXSINCE'70
07-14-2004, 02:30 PM
And while we're ragging on ESPN,what's the idea with everyone calling their sideline reporter "Sam" Ryan?? IT'S SAMANTHA!!

It's still a man's world in sports,I guess.For every Bonnie Bernstein or Anne Werner,there's another female talking head who appears vapid,even though she may be smarter than we men think.God,please bring Julie Swieca back once her 'SCR contract expires.She is still under contract with those losers,BTW,despite being "let go" by the station.

brewerfan
07-14-2004, 03:47 PM
Hey making an effort in the field is better than not playing the field at all...

kcsportscaster
07-14-2004, 03:47 PM
And while we're ragging on ESPN,what's the idea with everyone calling their sideline reporter "Sam" Ryan?? IT'S SAMANTHA!!

It's still a man's world in sports,I guess.For every Bonnie Bernstein or Anne Werner,there's another female talking head who appears vapid,even though she may be smarter than we men think.God,please bring Julie Swieca back once her 'SCR contract expires.She is still under contract with those losers,BTW,despite being "let go" by the station.
I'm with you on what you said about Samantha Ryan of ABC/ESPN. Why call her "Sam," unless she perfers to be called "Sam" instead of Samantha?" Also, if I am interpreting correctly what you are saying, I guess you also like the idea of having female sportscasters such as Bonnie Bernstein covering different events. Not only is she very beautiful, but more importantly, she is very knowledgeable and passionate about all sports and shows that passion every time she is on, whether it is the sidelines or the studio, unlike the bubble gum bimbos on FSN. She also happens to show off her humor on-the-air at times.

As for Chris Berman, his act has gotten waaaaay too freakin' old!!!! I was watching the Home Run Derby Monday night in spite of him being in Houston.

Jerome
07-14-2004, 04:03 PM
well he gave credit

I agree, they are classics. But sadly, HRs by Sox hitters and Ks by Sox pitchers are not the only things that happen during a baseball game.

Aidan
07-14-2004, 04:08 PM
Also, if I am interpreting correctly what you are saying, I guess you also like the idea of having female sportscasters such as Bonnie Bernstein covering different events. Not only is she very beautiful, but more importantly, she is very knowledgeable and passionate about all sports and shows that passion every time she is on, whether it is the sidelines or the studio, unlike the bubble gum bimbos on FSN. She also happens to show off her humor on-the-air at times.Ok dude, you have got to get over your infatuation with Bonnie Bernstein. When she was first on T.V. she was brutal looking. They had to make her up like crazy after that and now she looks decent. I agree that she is knowledgable about sports (i.e. football) more so than any of the other "sports women" but Lisa Dergan on FSN is still WAAAYYY hotter, even if she is as dumb as a box of rocks.

SOXSINCE'70
07-14-2004, 04:41 PM
I'm with you on what you said about Samantha Ryan of ABC/ESPN. Why call her "Sam," unless she perfers to be called "Sam" instead of Samantha?" Also, if I am interpreting correctly what you are saying, I guess you also like the idea of having female sportscasters such as Bonnie Bernstein covering different events. Not only is she very beautiful, but more importantly, she is very knowledgeable and passionate about all sports and shows that passion every time she is on, whether it is the sidelines or the studio, unlike the bubble gum bimbos on FSN. She also happens to show off her humor on-the-air at times.

As for Chris Berman, his act has gotten waaaaay too freakin' old!!!! I was watching the Home Run Derby Monday night in spite of him being in Houston.
Female sports reporters are a sight for sore eyes as far as i'm concerned.You nailed it on the head nicely!!:supernana: :supernana:

Basten
07-14-2004, 04:47 PM
Hey making an effort in the field is better than not playing the field at all...Giambi was on steroids.

Frank was not.

Frank was the real MVP in 2000, while Giambi, along with Sosa, Bonds, Boone Bagwell and Big Mac, is a disgrace.

Was that clear enough for you, Brew?

jackbrohamer
07-14-2004, 05:27 PM
Hey making an effort in the field is better than not playing the field at all...
Actually it isn't, though that was Giambi's argument. Playing a poor defensive 1B is not better than being a DH and shouldn't tip an MVP vote in the fielder's favor.

And until guys like Giambi, Bonds & Sosa cough up plausible explanations for how they were able to add 30-40 pounds of solid muscle to their bodies in their late 20s and later, over extremely short periods of time, they deserve to have people question their accomplishments.

kcsportscaster
07-14-2004, 05:40 PM
Ok dude, you have got to get over your infatuation with Bonnie Bernstein. When she was first on T.V. she was brutal looking. They had to make her up like crazy after that and now she looks decent. I agree that she is knowledgable about sports (i.e. football) more so than any of the other "sports women" but Lisa Dergan on FSN is still WAAAYYY hotter, even if she is as dumb as a box of rocks.
Dude, are you freakin' blind, or worse :angry: ???? Bonnie Bernstein is the HOTTEST woman on sports television, add to that a former athlete!!!! In fact, she looks better than ever!!!! Not to mention the fact that those who have seen her say that she is even HOTTER in person than she is on T-V!!!! Lisa Dergan???? PULLLLEZE!!!! What a dolt!!!! You can have your infatuation with her and those other FSN bubble gum bimbos. BONNIE RULES!!!! :D:

bigfoot
07-14-2004, 06:28 PM
Did anyone else notice that Faux Sports was using the Na-Na-Hey-Hey-Goodbye song as an intro for a reliever at the A/S game? First ESPN can 'Putitontheboard' & now Faux Spurts? Can't they think up their own hooks?

Aidan
07-14-2004, 07:01 PM
Dude, are you freakin' blind, or worse :angry: ???? Bonnie Bernstein is the HOTTEST woman on sports television, add to that a former athlete!!!! In fact, she looks better than ever!!!! Not to mention the fact that those who have seen her say that she is even HOTTER in person than she is on T-V!!!! Lisa Dergan???? PULLLLEZE!!!! What a dolt!!!! You can have your infatuation with her and those other FSN bubble gum bimbos. BONNIE RULES!!!! :D: Ummm, no. I would take Lisa Dergan, Lisa Guerrero, or Melissa Stark in that order over Bonnie Bernstein. I don't think they are smarter than BB but I DO think they are all hotter.

EDIT: I posted a poll question of who is hotter at the Parking Lot.

hsnterprize
07-14-2004, 08:03 PM
He also said he have the worst park in the MLB! He said amongst the newer ballparks in baseball, we HAD the worst. However, he has said since the improvements before last year's ASG that he liked the place. I wonder what he'll say after the start of next year?

As far as his ripping on us for booing Prior and Wood, even Joe Buck knew about the Sox/Cubs rivalry. He said on TV when they were introduced that "they don't like the Cubs here." Or he said something close to that effect. Bottom line...Joe Buck seems to understand the Sox/Cubs sentiments better than Chris Berman...or at least it seemed that way last year. Now try to explain the anti-Cubs sentiment shared by Sox and St. Louis Cardinals fans to the Baseball Tonight crew.

kcsportscaster
07-14-2004, 09:46 PM
Ummm, no. I would take Lisa Dergan, Lisa Guerrero, or Melissa Stark in that order over Bonnie Bernstein. I don't think they are smarter than BB but I DO think they are all hotter.

EDIT: I posted a poll question of who is hotter at the Parking Lot.
It's official, something is wrong with you!!!! The two Lisas are flat out trash!!!! Melissa Stark is okay, but a guy I used to work with told me not too long ago that he knew someone else who was at a Monday Night Football game when she was still there, and the guy said that she looked too slim in person. As I said earlier, I've read other message board posts stating that those who have seen Bonnie Bernstein in person say that she is even hotter in person than she is on T-V, and most importantly, she combines the great looks with her overall knowledge of sports. Just try to bring your junk in here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bonniebernsteinfanclub/

That is, if you are brave enough!!!! Also, where is this poll you posted? I can't find it at all in the Parking Lot board.

Aidan
07-14-2004, 09:50 PM
That is, if you are brave enough!!!! Also, where is this poll you posted? I can't find it at all in the Parking Lot board.A mod deleted it saying that it would lead to people posting nude and explicit photos of other hotties. :whiner:

By the way, Bonnie needs a nose job...
http://bonniebernstein.freeservers.com/images3/yah0606.gif

kcsportscaster
07-14-2004, 09:56 PM
A mod deleted it saying that it would lead to people posting nude and explicit photos of other hotties. :whiner:

By the way, Bonnie needs a nose job...

http://bonniebernstein.freeservers.com/images3/yah0606.gif

Uh, Bonnie's nose is fine the way it is!!!! It's what God gave her, and I don't think she even feels the need to get a nose job or pose almost nude for garbage such as Maxim or F-H-M. Also, thanks for the info on why the poll was deleted.

Aidan
07-14-2004, 10:06 PM
Uh, Bonnie's nose is fine the way it is!!!! It's what God gave her, and I don't think she even feels the need to get a nose job or pose almost nude for garbage such as Maxim or F-H-M. Also, thanks for the info on why the poll was deleted.Lisa Dergan was actually in Playboy, fully nude. :tongue: She was Miss July, 1998.