PDA

View Full Version : who was at sundays game?

soxwon
07-12-2004, 04:30 PM
was anyone in the left field bleachers, the section next to the reserved outfield seats?
there were two idiot cub fans, gettin up making asses of themselves as usual.
about 12 rows up from the field
did anyone see them?

i was in the top row of seats, in that section on the aisle.
there were 4 open seats next to me, during the second inning these four cub fans of latino descent, come up the aisle, yelling for seattle hitters.
they werent old enough to drink thank you.
they decide to get in my row, and as they went by i joked hey NO ROOTING FOR SEATTLE here.
they said "hey we cubs fans we hates da sox, go seattle!!!"
they cheered winns homer, and were obnoxious.
i have nothing against cheering for opponents,
but these were cub punks, were there just to bother sox fans.
i left my seat and moved on.
later on i was thinking how they felt after we took the lead, the punks.

Blob
07-12-2004, 04:49 PM
was anyone in the left field bleachers, the section next to the reserved outfield seats?
about 12 rows up from the field
did anyone see them?

i was in the top row of seats, in that section on the aisle.
there were 4 open seats next to me, during the second inning these four cub fans of latino descent, come up the aisle, yelling for seattle hitters.
they werent old enough to drink thank you.
they decide to get in my row, and as they went by i joked hey NO ROOTING FOR SEATTLE here.
they said "hey we cubs fans we hates da sox, go seattle!!!"
they cheered winns homer, and were obnoxious.
i have nothing against cheering for opponents,
but these were cub punks, were there just to bother sox fans.
i left my seat and moved on.
later on i was thinking how they felt after we took the lead, the punks.
I have seen a lot of the same over the last two years!!! Scrubbie fans coming out to root for whoever the Sox are playing.

That's OK they're money is helping us get better players. But, I hear you, it is VERY annoying!

HomeFish
07-12-2004, 04:51 PM
But, I hear you, it is VERY annoying!

Its only annoying when the other team is winning. When the Sox are ahead, its actually pretty amusing.

JB98
07-12-2004, 05:06 PM
Its only annoying when the other team is winning. When the Sox are ahead, its actually pretty amusing.
I had people in my section Sunday chanting, "Let's go Cubbies!" Don't know what that was about. Fortunately, the Sox are 8-1 in my nine appearances at U.S. Cellular Field this year, so I haven't had to listen to too much pro-Cubs chatter in the latter innings of games this season. They tend to quiet down when the Sox are ahead.

C-Dawg
07-12-2004, 06:36 PM

I didn't see them, probably because I was around towards the other side of the bleachers, just outside of the LF foul pole. But they sound like the two tards I saw at an earlier game, with their Cubs jerseys, loudly cheering against the Sox. I kept thinking, c'mon guys, why not just save your money and stay at home if you hate the Sox so much.

I did see a family with their two young sons, each wearing their Cubs jerseys (Woods and Prior if I remember right). They seemed a little out of place, LOL!

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-12-2004, 06:56 PM
It's even funnier when they're at the cell when the cubs are playing at WRIGLEY OR ON THE ROAD! What "fans." They'd rather go tick off us sox fans than watch the flubs on tv. But hey, I don't mind them paying to park, get in, and drink a few of the $5(or whatever it is now) beers because it helps us pay for guys like Garcia. :cool:

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-12-2004, 06:57 PM
Its kinda like the time my friend had to go to a cubs game and wore all his sox stuff. He rooted for the Other team (astros) and it was really quite hilarious.

SOXROX02
07-12-2004, 07:05 PM
Hey I did that too, but with the Reds. I went with my school...I made them mad...all was good. That was the first, only, and hopefully last time I visited, or will visit, Wiggly. It was really dirty and the asbestos-insulation (cotton) candy was terrible. The only bad thing was that the Flubs won. After all that, I think the highlight was the truck race on the center field screen.

Palehose13
07-12-2004, 08:33 PM
I was there Sunday, but I didn't notice any annoying cub fans. However, I had pretty good seats (behing 1st base, 3rd row).