07-12-2004, 05:13 PM
Attended the Roots Folk Music festival on north lincoln avenue,
and happy to report Numerous SOX fans, in caps, tshirts, all milling about,
checking out the fest etc. Easily outnumbered the number of cub fans
that were there, which was unbelievable to me. Were out there,
just the media refuses to acknowledge it :smile:

nlentz88
07-12-2004, 05:46 PM
I too saw a lot of Sox fans this weekend, but in the last place you'd expect: Busch Stadium. I drove down to Sunday's Flubs-Cards game with some Flub fan friends of mine, and I was quite pleased by the sight of Sox hats and jerseys. There weren't too many of us there, but it was great to not be the only one wearing black and silver. And the Cardinal fans were quite welcoming.

It's a shame they're tearing down Busch Stadium. Yeah, it's out of date, but it was a great place to watch a ball game.

I also saw some Sox fans around town, in particular at a street party in the Laclede's Landing neighborhood on the Mississippi.

Anyway, I just thought you'd like to know that the Sox Army does indeed extend all the way down Interstate 55!

AnkleSox
07-12-2004, 06:14 PM
I wouldn't say that Busch stadium is the LAST place I'd expect sox fans. Many sox and cardinals fans respect each other greatly and even hold the other team as their second favorite in the league because of their hatred for the cubs.

soxnut
07-12-2004, 06:25 PM
I too, noticed alot of Sox hats and shirts this past weekend as well. I'm working at Navy Pier and it is usually crawling with those out-of-town Cubs fans. Granted, the Cubs were not in town this weekend, but even when they are out of town, there are usually alot of people Cubs hats, etc. I've worked at Navy Pier for at least the past four years and Sunday was the first day I could actually say that I saw more Sox stuff than Cubs stuff. Kind of strange, but welcome of course.