PDA

View Full Version : Loaiza in the 2nd Half

Kadafi311
07-12-2004, 03:21 PM
There's no doubt Loaiza has struggled through the first half of the season, especially over his last three starts. The important question is whether or not he will recover and once again start pumping out the quality starts.

Your thoughts?

kittle42
07-12-2004, 03:24 PM
My thought is this: thank good ness we got Garcia, because "All-Star" Loaiza is looking like anything but. Plus, hasn't he been historically better in the first half? That's bad news for us.

IlliniSox
07-12-2004, 03:37 PM
Plus, I don't think I've seen a dude lose more hear in the course of one year. You can actually see the guy getting older with each outing.

HomeFish
07-12-2004, 03:40 PM
I think he's pretty decent for a #5 starter. Unfortunately, we have him in the #4 spot.

Mickster
07-12-2004, 05:39 PM
I think he's pretty decent for a #5 starter. Unfortunately, we have him in the #4 spot.
We haven't had a real #5 starter all year and you are complaining about Loaiza being a #5 starter in the #4 spot? Sheesh... Will you ever be happy?

Basten
07-12-2004, 05:53 PM
What?

Loaiza entered this season as our ACE, not a #4.

HomeFish
07-12-2004, 05:59 PM
What?

I'd be the first to agree. However, that's certainly not the way he's entering the All-Star break.

FightingBillini
07-12-2004, 06:03 PM
Everyone needs to calm down about it. Loaiza may not be the best pitcher in baseball, but he is a very good pitcher. Right now his arm seems to be dead. He is in a bit of a rut, but he will break out of it. He has showed us brilliance this year, and he has also falt out sucked.

I think that losing the perfect game and the 8-0 lead agasint Cleveland really messed his head up. He is a vet, he will recover.

Cowch44
07-12-2004, 06:08 PM
What?

I thought Buehrle began the season as our ace.:?:

HomeFish
07-12-2004, 06:10 PM
I thought Buehrle began the season as our ace.:?:

Loaiza was our ace last year. I hope you don't disagree with me there. His 2003 season was simply magical; I for one will remember it fondly for the rest of my life.

As for this season, remember, Esteban voluntarily gave up his Opening Day start to Buehrle.

jamteh
07-12-2004, 10:03 PM
I was at the game he pitched against the Cubs. It didn't seem like he was fooling anyone out there. I'm wondering if he's injured and just playing though it.

I sort of hope he doesn't pitch in the All-Star Game so he can rest his arm.

Besides, since I started following the Sox, I can't remember a less deserving White Sox All-Star than Loaiza--and that's why Torre will let him throw 50 pitches in the game! There needs to be a cap on how many players one team can send to the All-Star game, don't you think?

Terminated
07-13-2004, 12:34 PM
Hopefully he will turn it around in the 2nd half because once he does, our starting rotation will look a lot more dominant. He gets us at least 9 wins in the 2nd half and I say he did a good job for us while wearing a White Sox uniform.

mantis1212
07-13-2004, 12:56 PM
Loaiza was our ace last year. I hope you don't disagree with me there. His 2003 season was simply magical; I for one will remember it fondly for the rest of my life.

As for this season, remember, Esteban voluntarily gave up his Opening Day start to Buehrle.
I agree- If it wasn't for Loaiza in the first half of last year, we probably would have bottomed out at 16-17 below .500, as opposed to 9 below. We also would have been sellers in July, not buyers. He single-handedly kept our season alive last year.

SoxBoy14
07-13-2004, 01:52 PM
I think Loaiza is going to recover, maybe not be the All-Star pitcher he was last year, but I think he'll lower his era and start striking out people again. Garcia and Beuhrle are both better pitchers, but Loaiza is a good #3 pitcher.

gobears1987
07-13-2004, 11:26 PM
I vote other: Loaiza will improve and probably have an 17-7 record. (maybe 19 wins). He will not be the All-Star pitcher, but he will be a consistent give you 7 innings and give up 3 runs or less.

ma_deuce
07-14-2004, 02:56 AM
I'm more worried about our recent hitting droughts than Estaban. He'll be fine, but not as good as last year. We just need to keep hitting.

Deuce